Does Erytromycine fuck your skin up in the long run?

DutchPrettyBoy

DutchPrettyBoy

Tall Dutch Redpilled Chad
A few months ago i went to my doctor to ask if he would prescribe me retin-a for my acne. He wouldn't agree with me and said i can try ''Erytromycine''. I got it in a bottle and it is named Inderm lotion. It helped and most of my acne is gone (didn't have much to begin with). Still get some pimples occasionaly though. Now i know it can cause flakiness and dryness of the skin, but can it actually fuck up your collagen or age your skin faster?
@benignice

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
You'll develope resistance to it soon enough and it will stop working since it's an antibiotic so use as little as possible. Dunno if it ages or dries your skin

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger, Deleted member 6401 and DutchPrettyBoy
You'll develope resistance to it soon enough and it will stop working since it's an antibiotic so use as little as possible. Dunno if it ages or dries your skin
fuck, thanks for telling though

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger and Deleted member 6401
Yeah erythromycin is an antibiotic so don't use it more than you've been directed to by your doctor. Shouldn't cause an issue re ageing though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and DutchPrettyBoy
I only use it for small flareups/when I see that I will develop a pimple. It's not something you want to keep using regularly

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger, Deleted member 6401 and DutchPrettyBoy
I only use it for small flareups/when I see that I will develop a pimple. It's not something you want to keep using regularly
it can only prevent it right? Or does it still work efficiently in that case?

• +1
When u kill skin bacteria it can actually cause growth of fungal acne cuz they compete for the skin oil, so if u get acne you might need an antifungal like ketoconazole

• +1
it can only prevent it right? Or does it still work efficiently in that case?
prevent what? You can also use it when there is already a pimple. I use it mostly for prevention when I have a sensitive area where I know a pimple will soon show up. The only other instance I use it for is if I popped a pimple with a sterile blood lancet, afterwards applying the Erytromycine. This is only a option for the occasional pimple though

• +1
prevent what? You can also use it when there is already a pimple. I use it mostly for prevention when I have a sensitive area where I know a pimple will soon show up. The only other instance I use it for is if I popped a pimple with a sterile blood lancet, afterwards applying the Erytromycine. This is only a option for the occasional pimple though
i meant preventing pimples and blemishes.

• +1
i meant preventing pimples and blemishes.
I mean it treats existing acne and can prevent pimples from forming. You normally run it 3 months if applied topically. Tretinoin is probably a better long term option

• +1
When u kill skin bacteria it can actually cause growth of fungal acne cuz they compete for the skin oil, so if u get acne you might need an antifungal like ketoconazole
Fungal acne isn't a thing. Its (usually) folliculitis that people have incorrectly identified.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, DutchPrettyBoy and Deleted member 5393