Does Lefort 1 prevent nasolabial folds?

apocalypse

apocalypse

I've noticed a few 40+ with very pronounced maxillary forward growth and they never have NL folds. If you don't have god tier forward growth, and you get Lefort 1, are you safe from developing NL folds as you get older?

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Fear
There was a pic floating around on lookism of a roastie who had Lefort 1 and it almost wiped out her very obvious NL folds

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
It will but only slightly. Nowhere near the drastic result you're most likely looking for. When I say slightly, I mean very slightly.

• +1
It will but only slightly. Nowhere near the drastic result you're most likely looking for. When I say slightly, I mean very slightly.
evidence? proof? sources? :soy:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Acromegaly_Chad
I've noticed a few 40+ with very pronounced maxillary forward growth and they never have NL folds. If you don't have god tier forward growth, and you get Lefort 1, are you safe from developing NL folds as you get older?

Depends how much advancement... normal bimax for people with overbite get like 3-6mm LF1 but people with a big underbite can get around 10mm upper jaw advancement. In that case it can definitely tighten up that area... it seems paranasal/canine fossa implants more directly fix NL folds though.

• +1
evidence? proof? sources? :soy:
I can't present you with any evidence. It's something I've observed, in some cases nasolabial folds become less prominent but in other cases they become more noticeable. So it's really a case to case basis, too many variables play a part. I shouldn't have sounded so confident in my original reply.

However, it does seem like surgically assisted maxillary expansion reduces the appearance of nasolabial folds, again this is probably case to case.

A, B, C before
D, E, F after

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and ChristianChad
Good maxillary growth makes pronounced nasolabial folds less probable.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and ChristianChad
I can't present you with any evidence. It's something I've observed, in some cases nasolabial folds become less prominent but in other cases they become more noticeable. So it's really a case to case basis, too many variables play a part. I shouldn't have sounded so confident in my original reply.

However, it does seem like surgically assisted maxillary expansion reduces the appearance of nasolabial folds, again this is probably case to case.

View attachment 1526819
A, B, C before
D, E, F after
Interesting. Thank u sir