Does MSE help reduce bimaxillary protrusion

Skry

Skry

Rice
Ortho was saying I could remove premolars and then use braces to push teeth back. To lessen bimax protrusion of teeth. Either way I gotta do something about that if I want trimax and not look stupid.

But removing teeth is just to create space. Apparently MSE can create space, so in theory can it reduce bimax protrusion? why dont orthos recommend it then?

Ortho was saying I could remove premolars and then use braces to push teeth back. To lessen bimax protrusion of teeth. Either way I gotta do something about that if I want trimax and not look stupid.

But removing teeth is just to create space. Apparently MSE can create space, so in theory can it reduce bimax protrusion? why dont orthos recommend it then?
I got MSE. sadly I can’t answer this question. I got MSE with braces. All I know. Guess my teeth are going to flared out to match top align my bite.

I got MSE. sadly I can’t answer this question. I got MSE with braces. All I know. Guess my teeth are going to flared out to match top align my bite.
You have MSE on just the upper palate? How does it work, does the lower palate follow the upper palate expansion?

You get eight screws drilled in your palate, the expander is installed while this is going. if your ortho is nice he will do a pizeo to ensure suture split.

I don’t know who is saying the lower follows. Obviously it doesn’t follow, they tip your teeth if your lower is over or under.

How it works? they obviously split your palate bro, like what are you expecting. you turn the key, a split forms, and you expand outwards.

Yeah man, the teeth tip back as the jaw widens, so you can use it reduce protruding alveolar bones. I don’t like to use the term ‘Bimaxillary protrusion’ because it’s very misleading because it implies that your jaws are very forward grown but that’s not the case, it’s just the bone your teeth sit on that is protruding

• +1
Reactions: Skry
Yeah man, the teeth tip back as the jaw widens, so you can use it reduce protruding alveolar bones. I don’t like to use the term ‘Bimaxillary protrusion’ because it’s very misleading because it implies that your jaws are very forward grown but that’s not the case, it’s just the bone your teeth sit on that is protruding
Should I ask my ortho for MSE then? Why don't they bring it up

Should I ask my ortho for MSE then? Why don't they bring it up
Yes you should, and it’s because most orthos don’t think for themselves and just do what they were taught.They see MSE as a more complicated and risky procedure to do therefore are reluctant. You can’t be relying on these people to suggest it; you need to do your research and demand it yourself. Don’t ask don’t get, it’s the same with all the good things in life.

• +1
Reactions: Skry
How much do they say it'll be and does your insurance pay for it at all?