Does MSE make the midface longer or not?

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

6'5 BWC Mogger of Niggers
I've talked to many docs and browsed many different forums. Some say yes, some say no.

I am very confused. I have the appointment to install it in my mouth in December this year, but I don't want to end up with a long(er) midface.

Luckily enough, I managed to convince him to change my MSE+FM plan to MSE+FM+MSDO. He did say he only does it in very rare cases, so I am definitely lucky in that regard.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SPFromNY914, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 8461 and 4 others
Missed u g

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 7776 and 1 other person
OP

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: EdwardCullen, wasted, Deleted member 5912 and 7 others
I don't see how it would make the midface taller

I've talked to many docs and browsed many different forums. Some say yes, some say no.

I am very confused. I have the appointment to install it in my mouth in December this year, but I don't want to end up with a long(er) midface.

Luckily enough, I managed to convince him to change my MSE+FM plan to MSE+FM+MSDO. He did say he only does it in very rare cases, so I am definitely lucky in that regard.
It make IPD higher by like 1 mm so doesn’t it shorten it

I don't see how it would make the midface taller
Some people said it and this idea frightens me. I just want to improve my maxilla, zygos and mouth/palate width

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Technically yes, by about 1mm or less, but the widening effect which is a few more mm still improves this ratio.

Its easy to see how the people here who believe in mewing and facepulling might think this is substantial, but I’m telling you 1mm is not appreciable.

can't you just get a high cut le fort i afterwards?

Technically yes, by about 1mm or less, but the widening effect which is a few more mm still improves this ratio.

Its easy to see how the people here who believe in mewing and facepulling might think this is substantial, but I’m telling you 1mm is not appreciable.
With surgical assist will it still make midface longer. Also do u think face mask with mse is beneficial.

is this dependent on the amt of expansion or a consequence of device installation?

With surgical assist will it still make midface longer. Also do u think face mask with mse is beneficial.

Yes a very slight (again not aesthetically relevant, more orthodontically relevant to orthodontists who work in tenths of millimeters) inferior movement is well documented with SARPE since the 1940’s.

is this dependent on the amt of expansion or a consequence of device installation?

It’s a consequence of the sutures being disrupted. You shouldn’t worry about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7776, Good_Little_Goy and curryslayerordeath

There are factors to consider like race. These things need more discussion since the actual body of the bones (like maxilla) are different in shape/size. So that may explain why there isnt any consensus.

holy shit whos doing the msdo on you op i thought only a very select few did it

holy shit whos doing the msdo on you op i thought only a very select few did it
Indeed, and he was very hard to convince but ultimately I managed to do so

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5912

no it wont, 1 mm at most

how does it elongate the midface?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8461 and Deleted member 5912
It won't change your face in the slightest

• +1
Look at the nostril base, its lowered as it spreads out. The nostrils will be slightly lowered if they follow the bone structure change.

See the nostrils are pushed out and down slightly, a diagonal movement.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4797