Does MSE or EASE slightly increase IPD in your mid-20´s?

N

NoaA99

Iron
M (24) diagnosed with a class 3. Maxilla is recessed by 0,6mm and 1,2cm narrower than my mandible, causing sleep apnea and general health problems.
As far as I know your forward and horizontal growth of your Maxilla directly impact your IPD, nose width and mouth width.
You can clearly see a difference when looking at older pictures, where the eye spacing was fine.
The ICD is, what became narrower.

Unfortunately MSE + Corticopuncture failed at my age, so my ortho advised me for EASE.
Though there seems to be a general doubt, that any of those devices do anything for your IPD.
Anyone had one of those as an adult, noticing slight IPD improvements?
Or is this just possible as a young teenager?

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali and sub5inchcel
Ease has a larger potential to increase ipd, if it's just below avg shaving inner brows and covering temples with hair will do the job.

• +1
Reactions: NoaA99
Yeah I already did the eyebrow thing and temple coverage. I have long dark lashes and long thick eyebrows. They help but still it does look pretty narrow.
I have a huge head horizontally, therefore my ES Ratio barely reaches 0,425.
So I would probably need to increase the ICD by about 1-2mm to look somewhat human again.

Do you have experience with any of those?

No, not enough to make any difference. OBO is the only way.

And believe me, I tried. I spent most of 2020 and 2021 trying to get to the bottom of this issue. I even thought of using Spring Assisted Distraction + MSE at same time to try to increase IPD without OBO.
193E8349 8DCE 40E6 A1ED 5F6E13B1C8F2

Not likely to work. So I developed a modified OBO (MOBO) that is much less invasive for cosmetic movements up to 4mm per orbit (the maximum any no syndrome would ever need)

1B74CD77 6B81 40DE 9532 2DA2B9DBACF8
EA172CEE 21B6 43D3 87AE E33D3D09865B
AFF8A4EF 0672 4BAC A666 58B8BC8C779C
58A1A891 B025 4BAF AD10 DE8212D7A71A
B83DC52F FA8D 4D72 B29A 7F2A241DCD6B

BD6DFC1E CE41 421A 83FC 9D0AAB9E9163

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: pppokerface, AscendingHero, Deleted member 28774 and 3 others

And believe me, I tried. I spent most of 2020 and 2021 trying to get to the bottom of this issue. I even thought of using Spring Assisted Distraction + MSE at same time to try to increase IPD without OBO.
View attachment 2090263
Not likely to work. So I developed a modified OBO (MOBO) that is much less invasive for cosmetic movements up to 4mm per orbit (the maximum any no syndrome would ever need)

View attachment 2090256View attachment 2090257View attachment 2090259View attachment 2090260View attachment 2090261
View attachment 2090262
Not related but what is the difference between spring assisted distraction and normal distraction?

View attachment 2090263

View attachment 2090256View attachment 2090257View attachment 2090259View attachment 2090260View attachment 2090261
View attachment 2090262

View attachment 2090263

View attachment 2090262
How many mm’s would you need?
Technically MSE or Ease should provide minimal results. Like about 1-2mm wider ICD. But results seem to vary and I can’t find a definitive answer, if there’s any change at all.
You may know, if those can at least bring some small changes to the PFL?

Did you talk with a surgeon about it?
Unfortunately any type of OBO is impossible to get, no surgeon here in Europe would ever perform it for cosmetic reasons. Low IPD is really the worst.

How many mm’s would you need?
Technically MSE or Ease should provide minimal results. Like about 1-2mm wider ICD. But results seem to vary and I can’t find a definitive answer, if there’s any change at all.
You may know, if those can at least bring some small changes to the PFL?

Did you talk with a surgeon about it?
Unfortunately any type of OBO is impossible to get, no surgeon here in Europe would ever perform it for cosmetic reasons. Low IPD is really the worst.
1-2mm? Lol That’s giving an inch and taking a mile by wishful thinking. No changes to PFL either the orbit is not expanding.

OBO isn’t impossible to get including my version. Yes I have talked with surgeons for months about it to convince them. But it needs to be 3D planning with surgical guides and custom plates for accuracy, planned and designed by me.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
1-2mm? Lol That’s giving an inch and taking a mile by wishful thinking. No changes to PFL either the orbit is not expanding.

OBO isn’t impossible to get including my version. Yes I have talked with surgeons for months about it to convince them. But it needs to be 3D planning with surgical guides and custom plates for accuracy, planned and designed by me.
How are surgeons reacting to your pitch? Have any of them agreed?

How are surgeons reacting to your pitch? Have any of them agreed?
It’s not like I’m pitching that hard to just give away all my years of work. I would rather have the monopoly I deserve.

I have some that are interested but we will probably do these in my own clinic in SEA.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, SOS-Sonic, NegativeNorwood and 1 other person
It’s not like I’m pitching that hard to just give away all my years of work. I would rather have the monopoly I deserve.

I have some that are interested but we will probably do these in my own clinic in SEA.
Got it. Why pitch at all then? Are you trying to test your method's feasibility? Or just monetizing your method (before you are able to perform surgery yourself) by selling ancillary services such as the 3D Planning and plates?

Why SEA? Regulations or taxes? Surely the market for such an expensive procedure will be located in the US (or at the very least Europe)

Answer my messages

Wha
M (24) diagnosed with a class 3. Maxilla is recessed by 0,6mm and 1,2cm narrower than my mandible, causing sleep apnea and general health problems.
As far as I know your forward and horizontal growth of your Maxilla directly impact your IPD, nose width and mouth width.
You can clearly see a difference when looking at older pictures, where the eye spacing was fine.

Unfortunately MSE + Corticopuncture failed at my age, so my ortho advised me for EASE.
Though there seems to be a general doubt, that any of those devices do anything for your IPD.
What is EASE ? i never heard of it

bro pls reply to my insta dms

Unfortunately MSE + Corticopuncture failed at my age,
how could it fail? isn’t cortico meaning surgery to split palate?

Wtf is this true abot horizontal growth causing the eyes to get closer? Im scared to mew now🥲

Users who are viewing this thread

Back