Does rhinoplasty have an effect on medial canthus?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
Does rhinoplasty, specifically dorsal hump reduction have an effect on medial canthus length/shape? I had rhinoplasty with significant dorsal hump reduction and in some pictures my medial canthus looks shorter than before. Not sure if it's just lens distortion and/or being paranoid but it was one of my redeeming features.

@RealSurgerymax is this a possible side effect of rhinoplasty?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12330, Jason Voorhees, Deleted member 14867 and 2 others
Epicanthic folds are correlated to the nose bridge and they can cover the medial canthus
Don't know if it affects the medial canthus directly though

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and Deleted member 14867
just do acceptable price rhino and dont worry bout the rest theory
thats what im doin.jpg

I don’t think so. I did talk with one surgeon though and he said that genioplasty and djs affect the mid face and help with your under eye area for some reason. This might affect the medial canthus. I also have a gandy nose and downturned medial canthus.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Does rhinoplasty, specifically dorsal hump reduction have an effect on medial canthus length/shape? I had rhinoplasty with significant dorsal hump reduction and in some pictures my medial canthus looks shorter than before. Not sure if it's just lens distortion and/or being paranoid but it was one of my redeeming features.

@RealSurgerymax is this a possible side effect of rhinoplasty?
Probably did not do anything to it, but rhinoplasty is able to give many illusions

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, one job away and Deleted member 7725
Probably did not do anything to it, but rhinoplasty is able to give many illusions
Is there a way to deliberately shorten the medial canthus?
572CDA4E 940E 476F 8DE1 965724529673

Already planning on supras + potential periorbital fat grafting for UEE / hunter eye browridge.
Could a fold be created or something?