The Lacrimal and how they affect the Medial Canthus

Tyrant

Tyrant

NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE
TLDR at the bottom of the page
This theory focuses significantly on the interaction between lacrimals and nose projection. Specifically the medial canthus tendons, which attach to the frontal process of the maxilla, the groove of the lacrimal bone, and the tarsus of the eyelids. The ones we're really interested in are the frontal process and the lacrimals.

The Case Of Henry Cavill
With more nasal projection you might expect the medial canthus to elongate due to the positioning of the lacrimals. However chads like Henry Cavill do not have a elongated downturned medial canthus despite having mogger forward growth. This led me to look at the lacrimal area. In Cavill's case, his lacrimals look somewhat recessed( that's the term I'm going to use here ). By recessed I mean it looks like the lacrimal area essentially "caves inwards", creating a hollow look there messing with the contours( look at the picture labelled 1). Also this isn't even an under eyes problem his under eyes are fine.

This is not a isolated case; other images support the appearance of "recession" in this area (Picture 2). Look how in the area where the lacrimals would be, it sorta "dips" in. Given his nasal projection and forward growth you would think he'd have a downturned medial canthus, yet this is not the case. And even in the side profile picture, although different lighting to hide flaws, you can still see the slight cave. Also you can search for many pictures, the dip is there every single time.

But when we look at moggers with pronounced elongated medial canthus, such as Andreas Eriksen, there's no recession in the lacrimal area as observed with Cavill. The contour lines around his lacrimal area are smooth, as shown in Picture 3, with no visible dip. It's also worth noting that Eriksen's nasal projection and forward growth is not as good as Cavill's, which further emphasizes the discrepancy.

This pattern is not even exclusive to Eriksen. Other medial canthus moggers like David Gandy, Atesh Salih and De Poot do not show this recessive characteristic in their lacrimal areas.

They all have good nasal projection too. And unlike Cavill, you dont see that dip from the side in the lacrimal area.

This observation suggests that the relationship between lacrimal structure and nasal projection, and their impact on the medial canthus, may not be as straightforward as previously thought. What I'm getting at is even if you get/have forward growth and or nasal projection it does not guarantee a down turned elongated medial canthus. People who already have the base for it would benefit the most from forward growth of the maxilla because as we all know that more upper maxilla = more nose projection.
How do we fix this? I don't know but I know it has to do with manipulation of the lacrimals. This theory also pairs well with @mvp2v1 's theory on the orbitals, you should go read it tbh.
Also inb4 "muuhhhh muuuhhh lighting muuh!111!!11:soy::soy::soy::soy:" shut the fuck up, you can search up multiple of these people and you'd see they don't exhibit that dip in all lightings, whereas Cavill pretty much has it 24/7.
Remember this is just a theory I'm not a surgeon or whatever its just what I've observed and I could be completely wrong tbh.
TLDR?:
There is no TLDR its either you read or GTFO:forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover, Muad'Dib, triggr and 7 others
Okay, what do you want us to do with this information?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Clavicular and mvp2v1
Okay, what do you want us to do with this information?
Thoughts on it ofc because afaik theres no surgery for a more downturned medial canthus. @Clavicular is attempting to make his medial canthus more downturned but without actually messing with the tendon attatchment to the lacrimals, which idk if it will work. Will be a start in the direction of a new surgery ig

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
@curlyheadjames had a surgery for medial canthus, he made a whole thread on how his ''surgeon'' could increase pfl + medial canthus, but ion buy it, also some user attempted to cut his medial canthus with a knife but idk if he did it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Tyrant and mvp2v1
@curlyheadjames had a surgery for medial canthus, he made a whole thread on how his ''surgeon'' could increase pfl + medial canthus, but ion buy it, also some user attempted to cut his medial canthus with a knife but idk if he did it
Do you have the thread? I highly doubt the surgeon pulled it off. Regarding the second user, he probably fucked up his eyes doing that if he actually went through with it.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
Do you have the thread? I highly doubt the surgeon pulled it off. Regarding the second user, he probably fucked up his eyes doing that if he actually went through with it.

• +1
Reactions: Tyrant
He's probably bullshitting ngl. For a more medial canthus he'd need to fuck with the lacrimal area, he did not once mention that. Pulling on the orbitals laterally wont cause more medial canthus jfl

• JFL
He's probably bullshitting ngl. For a more medial canthus he'd need to fuck with the lacrimal area, he did not once mention that. Pulling on the orbitals laterally wont cause more medial canthus jfl

he did tho

• Woah
Oh shit my bad, i still dont get the mechanism tho. He says by rotation of the lateral orbitals it should create more medial canthus, but if i mimic this in the mirror by pulling my skin on the lateral side it just makes my medial canthus sharper not more elongated.

• +1
Thoughts on it ofc because afaik theres no surgery for a more downturned medial canthus. @Clavicular is attempting to make his medial canthus more downturned but without actually messing with the tendon attatchment to the lacrimals, which idk if it will work. Will be a start in the direction of a new surgery ig
Excision of some skin to elongate it isnt earth shattering you can legit diy

Im just seeing if i have to resuture the medial tendon to the new incision or not

• +1
Good thread OP

• +1
Dnr canthal structure is just orbital bone shape. The soft tissue develops around it. There’s nothing you can do to realistically change PFL or canthal tilt.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: mvp2v1, Andrew_433, Clavicular and 1 other person
Excision of some skin to elongate it isnt earth shattering you can legit diy

Im just seeing if i have to resuture the medial tendon to the new incision or not
Good luck bro

Dnr canthal structure is just orbital bone shape.
Water. With shitty round prey orbitals the chances of you getting a downturned medial canthus is so low its not even funny. But even then its not fully determined by orbitals and more about the lacrimals i feel.
The soft tissue develops around it. There’s nothing you can do to realistically change PFL or canthal tilt.
Yea you're right, as of now there is no surgical method on a way to change PFL or canthal tilt. You could do lateral canthopexy but idk looks gay asf and uncanny. To change canthal tilt surgically its even harder bordeline impossible. Not only are you gonna have to somehow raise the lateral orbitals you're also going to have to fuck with the lacrimal structure and tendons in the medial.

You could do lateral canthopexy but idk looks gay asf and uncanny.
Cantho is actually pretty good imo. It uses the lateral canthus as an anchoring point to lift the lower eyelid. It’s one of the only realistic soft tissue movements of the eyes and it’s very effective.

Cantho is actually pretty good imo. It uses the lateral canthus as an anchoring point to lift the lower eyelid. It’s one of the only realistic soft tissue movements of the eyes and it’s very effective.
I think you're talking about lateral canthoplasty, dynamic canthopexy is different. Results are often uncanny giving everyone the skinwalker stare, lil tradeoff for a bit more pfl.

I think you're talking about lateral canthoplasty, dynamic canthopexy is different. Results are often uncanny giving everyone the skinwalker stare, lil tradeoff for a bit more pfl.
View attachment 2851034View attachment 2851036
These surgeries are terrible for women because the surgery requires the lower eyelid to be raised which is a very masculine trait. Women can’t achieve feminine, round eyes with this surgery. An upturned lateral canthus and a tight lower eyelid is a bad combination on both genders.

For a men with a downturned lateral canthus, however, this surgery seems great and I’m surprised I didn’t know about it. Tighter lower eyelid and more PCT due to a masculine, neutral, lateral canthus is literally ideal.

• +1
best thread i've read about medial canthus, thx bhai

• +1
These surgeries are terrible for women because the surgery requires the lower eyelid to be raised which is a very masculine trait. Women can’t achieve feminine, round eyes with this surgery. An upturned lateral canthus and a tight lower eyelid is a bad combination on both genders.

For a men with a downturned lateral canthus, however, this surgery seems great and I’m surprised I didn’t know about it. Tighter lower eyelid and more PCT due to a masculine, neutral, lateral canthus is literally ideal.
over, my medial canthus is almost neutral and i have PCT

• So Sad
Reactions: Allornothing
nice thread but medial canthus is created by soft tissue, you either have it or you don’t

lachowski has shit nasal projection but an insane (underrated) medial canthus

also have seen people with not recessed lacrimas having no medial canthus

@HarrierDuBois thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4690.jpeg
    IMG_4690.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: