does the process of getting jaw surgery looksmin you ?

A

agoostis

Master
im getting 7mm bsso on a jaw that look really good from front but ltn from side (overbite + pouty lips)

does getting 3 wisdom teeth removed + invisalign (which includes pushing my front teeth back) can have any bad effect on either my cheekbones or philtrum or ramus or anything ?

am i gonna look the same with just a longer mandible and straighter teeth at the end or is there a risk that one on my features descend ? (im super scared of losing my hollow cheeks or some bone mass)

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline and Gaia262
im getting 7mm bsso on a jaw that look really good from front but ltn from side (overbite + pouty lips)

does getting 3 wisdom teeth removed + invisalign (which includes pushing my front teeth back) can have any bad effect on either my cheekbones or philtrum or ramus or anything ?

am i gonna look the same with just a longer mandible and straighter teeth at the end or is there a risk that one on my features descend ? (im super scared of losing my hollow cheeks or some bone mass)

Yes it does, if you have to go though pre-surgical orthodontics.

This would involve wisdom teeth extraction + possibly premolar extraction + retraction orthodontics to decompensate the teeth.

This makes a significant impact on your facial aesthetics whilst you are preparing your jaws for surgery. (think old toothless man talking)

If you look at my main video on my jaw surgery thread you can see how much my mouth recessed when speaking just before my surgery.

Its only after jaw surgery this is remedied.

Essentially it gets worse before it can get better.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Halloweener, FinasterideAt17 and 2 others

This would involve wisdom teeth extraction + possibly premolar extraction + retraction orthodontics to decompensate the teeth.

This makes a significant impact on your facial aesthetics whilst you are preparing your jaws for surgery. (think old toothless man talking)

If you look at my main video on my jaw surgery thread you can see how much my mouth recessed when speaking just before my surgery.

could u link the video ?

can it make an impact on the midface too (cheekbones, but also ramus/bone mass)

that’s scary af

could u link the video ?

can it make an impact on the midface too (cheekbones, but also ramus/bone mass)

that’s scary af

Do you need to take teeth out for jaw surgery ?

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Do you need to take teeth out for jaw surgery ?

It depends, you may not if your are surgery first candidate.

You usually have to at least take the lower wisdom teeth out as this is where the bsso cut will be.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 16371

Jfl at bimaxcels
Never began

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Will it affect midface, cheekbones etc?? Or just the mouth area?

If your not recessed a genio is max you should get.

Don't touch your face if you don't need to especially by surgury

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
If your not recessed a genio is max you should get.

Don't touch your face if you don't need to especially by surgury
the more time i spend here the more I'm inclined towards genio

the more time i spend here the more I'm inclined towards genio
post side profile

genio is good if you’re lips are aligned and your airways are good and you dont have mentolabial fold

otherwise jaw surgery is the way

post side profile

genio is good if you’re lips are aligned and your airways are good and you dont have mentolabial fold

otherwise jaw surgery is the way
i have overbite and SFS but i fraud my jaw to get lip competency since my early teens. Cant i align the bite with orthodontics and get genio? i don't wanna lose my healthy teeth for a fkn BSSO cut bruh

i have overbite and SFS but i fraud my jaw to get lip competency since my early teens. Cant i align the bite with orthodontics and get genio? i don't wanna lose my healthy teeth for a fkn BSSO cut bruh
seems like a bad idea especially if yyou have sfs

post side and front and cover the rest of ur face

seems like a bad idea especially if yyou have sfs

post side and front and cover the rest of ur face
dont wanna post face on this forum jfl, now that looksmaxxing is mainstream all my friends discuss it (all NT) and they all say I have a above avg jaw. But me and my doctor know I'm recessed.