Does tretinoin thicken the skin? Or vitamin C serum?

Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

clinically recessed
I want to get thicker under eye skin tbh.

Whats the methods?

Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

clinically recessed
Collagen increase = thicker skin.
Does the tret or vitamin c serum only work for the applied area? I wouldnt want a thicker skin on my whole face, only under eyes.

Lux

Lux

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
Does the tret or vitamin c serum only work for the applied area? I wouldnt want a thicker skin on my whole face, only under eyes.
I'm not educated on their mechanism of action for collagen increase but probably. I doubt there will be a before & after where you can see the difference even after years of consistent use though.

Tobias Fünke

Tobias Fünke

Bronze
Tret under eyes fucks up meibomian glands which leaves terrible dry eye which can become permanent if you don't discontinue.

Source: Me. I used to use 0.25mg/g directly under eyes and it made them incredibly dry after a few weeks. Probably 95% recovered after stopping but my eyes are still drier than they once were.

Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

clinically recessed
Last edited:
Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

clinically recessed
Tret under eyes fucks up meibomian glands which leaves terrible dry eye which can become permanent if you don't discontinue.

Source: Me. I used to use 0.25mg/g directly under eyes and it made them incredibly dry after a few weeks. Probably 95% recovered after stopping but my eyes are still drier than they once were.
did you use moisturizer? Most roasties say you should use moisturizer then apply tret.

Chadpreetmaybe

Chadpreetmaybe

Mogging since 2001
I recently started vitamin C serum I'll let you know how it goes, but it glows my face right after i apply it:chad:

Tobias Fünke

Tobias Fünke

Bronze
did you use moisturizer? Most roasties say you should use moisturizer then apply tret.
Yep, I always apply moisturiser 15 mins before tret. This side effect is common- there was even a very recent thread on it here.

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-avoid-the-degradation-of-meibomian-glands-while-using-retinoids.

This is just about the use of tret anywhere on face fucking up glands let alone using them around eye area. I still use tret, but I don't go above the cheekbone when applying anymore.

justbentbro

justbentbro

god has all the answers

i never put tret under eyes and i still got my meibomian glands fucked up

Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Zephir
no, first of all, tret spreads so areas in vicinity are affected also

also it seems like tret goes systemic a bit, even tho clinical literature suggests against it

Chinacurry

Chinacurry

Zephir
I'm not educated on their mechanism of action for collagen increase but probably. I doubt there will be a before & after where you can see the difference even after years of consistent use though.
Surely it only works if u ingest it, long term, and in natural format.

I see noodles and Latinas with great, springy skin even in 30s and 40s, because from a young age they eat a lot of natural collagen.

White girls and curry girls don't get this, they just start popping collagen pills and powders in their 20s or 30s, which is too late and doesn't do shit anyway

Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

clinically recessed
Yep, I always apply moisturiser 15 mins before tret. This side effect is common- there was even a very recent thread on it here.

https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-avoid-the-degradation-of-meibomian-glands-while-using-retinoids.

This is just about the use of tret anywhere on face fucking up glands let alone using them around eye area. I still use tret, but I don't go above the cheekbone when applying anymore.
i asked and they suggested an otc tret cream instead of prescription.

thereallegend

thereallegend

LLL
nigga source of the product jfl

51f5VaXJZL SX679

Amazon links don't show up here.