Don't fall for the chewing meme

Need2Ascend

Need2Ascend

Ascended so hard
I chewed a lot of gum in the last years of my teens. Sometimes for hours a day, and also clenched my teeth often. I didn't think much of it, and just wanted to develop my face more. although I had the intuitively right assumption that it can help in the development of the face (soft diets as major reason for craniofacial dystrophy, weston price), overdoing it is undoubtly harmful.

- What I got from it:
Worn down molars
Teeth pushed in gums
Teeth didn't erupt fully
Decreased maxilla height
Decreased mandible height

Looking worse

you guys had similar experience with chewing/clenching/bruxism from what I read @antiantifa @sub6manletnozygos @PYT @IwantToLooksMaxx @dadfa)

I wish there was a way to reverse these effects, or that I didn't overdo it like an overambitious freak in the first place. There are so many fuckups I made in late puberty (Overtraining, overstressed, braces, retainers, ...). This was one of them

If you don't eat hard food often, the optimal way for chewing/clenching is 1-2x a week for a few minutes on a hard tool like a mouthguard or dogtoy with the right technique (forward motion), similar to how our ancestors did it (with hard meat though). This will help your face additonally. They didn't chew gum for 2 hours everyday, which won't result in an attractive face and rather harm you in the longterm, even more so when you are developing

• +1
Reactions: Lynxress, RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 33579 and 14 others
That's from clenching. read this: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/clenching-bringing-the-chin-forward/ Your title is miss-leading. you did 2 things, clenching and chewing. clenching will fuck you up. it is an unnatural thing.
Not much different the two. Chewing on soft gum is just dynamic clenching.

I chewed on my incisors for experimentation sometime ago and thats where I noticed it. they became shorter quite fast. I never clenched on them. you can try the same if you want

The point is chewing when eating throughout the day and clenching a few times for aggressivness is fine. But there are young people chewing gum for hours thinking it would give them a brad pitt jaw or similar. They will just fuck themself up. Both long chewing and bruxism are unnatural and unhealthy

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists
Just chew your food thoroughly and call it a day

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Elvisandreaa, Oberyn and 1 other person
So your gonial angle decreased?
This would be great for me
Kann es nicht genau sagen, wie es sich von der seite geändert hat. Dein ramus kann größer/länger werden durchs kauen (schau das von weiblich zu männlich an), aber wenn du es übertreibst und die hinteren Zähne zerstört wird es hinten kürzer. Also machst du den gonial angle wieder höher im prinzip, und abgenutzte Zähne sind halt nie gut

rejawvenation-06.png

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, dadfa, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person
I chewed a lot of gum in the last years of my teens. Sometimes for hours a day, and also clenched my teeth often. I didn't think much of it, and just wanted to develop my face more. although I had the intuitively right assumption that it can help in the development of the face (soft diets as major reason for craniofacial dystrophy, weston price), overdoing it is undoubtly harmful.

- What I got from it:
Worn down molars
Teeth pushed in gums
Teeth didn't erupt fully
Decreased maxilla height

Looking worse

you guys had similar experience with chewing/clenching/bruxism from what I read @antiantifa @sub6manletnozygos @PYT @IwantToLooksMaxx @dadfa)

I wish there was a way to reverse these effects, or that I didn't overdo it like an overambitious freak in the first place. There are so many fuckups I made in late puberty (Overtraining, overstressed, braces, retainers, ...). This was one of them

If you don't eat hard food often, the optimal way for chewing/clenching is 1-2x a week for a few minutes on a hard tool like a mouthguard or dogtoy with the right technique (forward motion), similar to how our ancestors did it (with hard meat though). This will help your face additonally. They didn't chew gum for 2 hours everyday, which won't result in an attractive face and rather harm you in the longterm, even more so when you are developing
Yeah I have chronic TMD from that shit, I would chew just normal gum for so much that if I chew on the left side of my face I start getting pain and headaches. Chewing something for too long can potentially get me headaches too.

Started clenching my teeth in my sleep , so I ended up quitting

I don’t know if it’s because my face started off assymeyrical and the chewing made things worse but it didn’t do anything.

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Yeah I have chronic TMD from that shit, I would chew just normal gum for so much that if I chew on the left side of my face I start getting pain and headaches. Chewing something for too long can potentially get me headaches too.

Started clenching my teeth in my sleep , so I ended up quitting

I don’t know if it’s because my face started off assymeyrical and the chewing made things worse but it didn’t do anything.
Yep same, I remember sometimes having headaches, tmj clicking, nerve pain, sensitive teeth, ..

I just pushed through anyway lol. But not worth it. The other effects like shorter teeth I only noticed over time, won't happen from a few times but I overdid it for 2-3 years

• +1
Reactions: PYT
Perhaps chewing made me look better
I always had "kinda narrow" jaw

And now my jaw is the same width as my cheekbones (I have hollow cheeks so it looks cool)

I think you have to use right type of gum,like mastic gum
Dont clench your teeth without a gum!!!!!
If you get ur hands on mastic gum only chew for 20mins every second day

Perhaps I had to stop chewing cuz my face was getting way to "square-ish"
Also my ramus noticeably grew in lenght (not sure if it has anything do to with chewing or just puberty changes)

Last edited:

I chewed on my incisors for experimentation sometime ago and thats where I noticed it. they became shorter quite fast. I never clenched on them. you can try the same if you want

The point is chewing when eating throughout the day and clenching a few times for aggressivness is fine. But there are young people chewing gum for hours thinking it would give them a brad pitt jaw or similar. They will just fuck themself up. Both long chewing and bruxism are unnatural and unhealthy

our ancestors spent hours of their day, if not most of their day chewing and using their jaws. it did indeed wear down their teeth over time, but their jaws and faces were perfect.

I had similar experiences to others. My dentist confirmed that my second molars were worn down (perhaps they could of been pushed more into the gums), my face became wider coming from the lateral portion of my masseter and temporalis. When, the extra mass (buccinator hypertophy) goes past my zygomatic bones

• +1
Chewing only legit if you don’t have inward gonions and a chin that isn’t recessed and vertically short. Aka an already above average lower third. Otherwise you will look like a chipmunk.

• +1
Reactions: alriodai, gloriouse and dadfa
- What I got from it:
Worn down molars
Teeth pushed in gums
Teeth didn't erupt fully
Decreased maxilla height

Looking worse
Same ded srs.

• So Sad
Clenching is fucking retarded whoever made that up and is telling other people to do it needs to die. Chewing is also cope if you have inwards gonions and overall poor maxillary/mandibular development.

too much chewing?
Cdaf37d0a5bc4159b4b94ccbf84daf1b
--------------->>>>>>>>>>>
Screenshot 7

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deprived, Elvisandreaa and 1 other person

- What I got from it:
Worn down molars
Teeth pushed in gums
Teeth didn't erupt fully
Decreased maxilla height

Looking worse

i chewed on dog toys as a kid

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: MissLexotan6MG and mvp2v1
Seems like a good way to get an open bite imo
This post is brutal though because I've been TERRAcoping for a long time that autistically clenching is unironically going to give me god pfl and eye shape and completely change my upper maxilla to 1 in 100 million aesthetics even though I know it won't work
What years of looksmax and inceldom does to a mf

Seems like a good way to get an open bite imo
This post is brutal though because I've been TERRAcoping for a long time that autistically clenching is unironically going to give me god pfl and eye shape and completely change my upper maxilla to 1 in 100 million aesthetics even though I know it won't work
What years of looksmax and inceldom does to a mf
If u could someone avoid the tooth intrusion and subsequent bone resorption as well as the tooth wear and tear then probably it would. Especially if combined with HGH and nighttime clenching. Don’t clench unless u somehow know to avoid the things I mentioned. A 1 in 100 million maxilla is a matter of mm difference…

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
It didnt happen to me

CLenching is not the same. You are grinding your teeth against each other when clenching which led to your molar erosion. Chewing gum and food will not erode your teeth as your teeth are harder than any gum or food you will ever eat. It's comparing rubbing a rock against another rock and rubbing a rock against a piece of meat :lul:

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and mogxa

- What I got from it:
Worn down molars
Teeth pushed in gums
Teeth didn't erupt fully
Decreased maxilla height

Looking worse

yes my dentist said that I have the molars and pre molars of a 60 year old with bruxism. like you said, this has resulted in a decrease to the visual height of my chin as well as temporo mandibular join disorder.
it is definitely worth chewing to maximize craniofacial development but just do it naturally ie make a conscious effort to eat meat/fish every day and chew it well as opposed to chewing mastic chewing gum like an autist for 12 hours a day for 10 years.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, mvp2v1 and Need2Ascend
yes my dentist said that I have the molars and pre molars of a 60 year old with bruxism. like you said, this has resulted in a decrease to the visual height of my chin as well as temporo mandibular join disorder.
it is definitely worth chewing to maximize craniofacial development but just do it naturally ie make a conscious effort to eat meat/fish every day and chew it well as opposed to chewing mastic chewing gum like an autist for 12 hours a day for 10 years.
Sad shit. I mean I got some gains at first from regular chewing, but I just simply overdid it and for too long. Less is really more. Tryharding just comes with major side effects, muh hard work pays off.

Do you have a plan on fixing it?

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and mvp2v1
If u could someone avoid the tooth intrusion and subsequent bone resorption as well as the tooth wear and tear then probably it would. Especially if combined with HGH and nighttime clenching. Don’t clench unless u somehow know to avoid the things I mentioned. A 1 in 100 million maxilla is a matter of mm difference…

I was thinking we could cut a mouth guard in half and keep the incisors to first molar area and keep tucked head posture constantly light clenching and very hard mewing. Then, somehow increase bone remodeling speed massively. A big problem with HGH, increases bone density, reduces bone remodeling. Just grows bone which you don't want unless you are fully CCW rotated. Maybe we could megadose vitamin K2, eat egg shells for calcium, use HGH or MK677, other agents or substances or nutrients that increase bone growth. Then take strong agents such as aromatase inhibitors to cause bone resorption. We just need to increase the turnover rate for bone cells massively by increasing both osteoblasts and osteoclasts, or having some imbalance which is potentially beneficial.

When it comes to night, perhaps we could put something in our mouth that has a tall vertical height that pushes our tongue downwards and then have something underneath our jaw that pushes into the soft tissue under the tongue and consequently the tongue, the object and upper maxilla. Perhaps we can very hard mew awake and just do this method at night and forget about the mouthguard and clenching to avoid tooth intrusion. I think constant heavy pressure is mandatory its whats likely causing hard mewing to not work. Nobody is hard mewing at night and often don't have their chin fully tucked so if they clench they are likely clenching their molars.

These videos and photos are from @browncell from the thread

"The mewing mistake which nullifies progress or even makes faces worse"​

Considering these guys are adults likely not hard mewing at night or increasing bone remodeling increases my optimism for the potential.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
our ancestors spent hours of their day, if not most of their day chewing and using their jaws. it did indeed wear down their teeth over time, but their jaws and faces were perfect.
No they didn’t.

• JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1
big problem with HGH, increases bone density, reduces bone remodeling. Just grows bone which you don't want unless you are fully CCW rotated. Maybe we could megadose vitamin K2, eat egg shells for calcium, use HGH or MK677, other agents or substances or nutrients that increase bone growth
Yes that is an issue with hgh at older ages, it IS increasing osteoblasts and osteoclasts activity, however, it is also building new bone mass, and as I have mentioned before the advantage young people have in mewing is that their bones are smaller and bone remodeling is higher. I'm not sure what other than growth hormone influences bone remodeling. K2 inhibits bone resorption which is 1/2 of bone remodeling. The thread bellow covers this dilemma:

Then take strong agents such as aromatase inhibitors to cause bone resorption. We just need to increase the turnover rate for bone cells massively by increasing both osteoblasts and osteoclasts, or having some imbalance which is potentially beneficial.
This is a very interesting idea but im not knowledgeable to comment on it. Best bet is for someone in the 20+ age group to try something like this.

Nobody is hard mewing at night and often don't have their chin fully tucked so if they clench they are likely clenching their molars.
The upside of hard mewing is that it helps habituate mewing, many who regular mew during the day may not be mewing at night. I probably am not.

"The mewing mistake which nullifies progress or even makes faces worse"​

Considering these guys are adults likely not hard mewing at night or increasing bone remodeling increases my optimism for the potential.
The latino guy was hard mewing during that one year. Whether he was able to do it at night is unclear, but I have spoken to a 30 year old who hard mew'ed for about a year, expanded his IMW by 1cm just with mewing and made a notable change to his face, and he talked about how after some time applying hard pressure on the pallete became habitual...

I dont understand your other idea.

does retainer affect your facial aestetics?