dont get cope surgeries

im_still_here

im_still_here

not paulie_walnuts
example:

if you actually need double jaw but are too high inhib for double jaw or you simply dont have the money for it dont get cope surgery instead which doesnt adress the problem

eg: you actually need double jaw with rotation but you decide to get chin wing instead because the recovery is shorter and its cheaper.

only get chin wing if the problem is only the chin.

• +1
Reactions: Nobody96, CupOfCoffee, Lorsss and 3 others
That's why I'm getting genio instead of chin implants tbh

never do compromises when it comes to your face

never think i would need option A but its too expensive/whatever and i also want to do at least something on my face so i will choose option B which might dont adress the problem directly but is cheaper/shorter reecovery whatever

compromises can make you end up looking worse

• +1
Reactions: rtsssy, Lorsss, Zeta ascended and 1 other person
example:

if you actually need double jaw but are too high inhib for double jaw or you simply dont have the money for it dont get cope surgery instead which doesnt adress the problem

eg: you actually need double jaw with rotation but you decide to get chin wing instead because the recovery is shorter and its cheaper.

I know it might sound retarded but are implants and fillers the only way to get a wider jawline.

That's why I'm getting genio instead of chin implants tbh
chin osteotomy does not change the width of your chin.
this is why I will do a lipofilling on my chin instead of anything else

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
chin osteotomy does not change the width of your chin.
this is why I will do a lipofilling on my chin instead of anything else
Yes it does, I’m widening my chin by 5mm with my genioplasty.

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
example:

Semi agree with the concept as a whole, but chin wing surgery does not only address the chin since it moves the whole lower mandible border forward. If your bite and occlusal plane are fine it may or may not be a viable option considering the risks and time investment of bimax.

Semi agree with the concept as a whole, but chin wing surgery does not only address the chin since it moves the whole lower mandible border forward. If your bite and occlusal plane are fine it may or may not be a viable option considering the risks and time investment of bimax.

you can have both a fite bine and a recessed jaw or even both jaws recessed

in that case chin wing or genioplasty wont give you aesthetical pleasing results

you can have both a fite bine and a recessed jaw or even both jaws recessed

in that case chin wing or genioplasty wont give you aesthetical pleasing results
Yes, that's my point. If your bite is fine but both jaws recessed you would need both jaws advanced i.e. bimax. Even then you often need to combine it with genio or chin wing as an addon to correct lower jaw / chin deficency.

However I am saying that IF you don't have a recessed maxilla and your bite is fine, then bimax might not be the best idea since it comes with it's own aesthetic trade offs, risks not to mention the significant time and financial investments.

If your maxilla is already in a good position you would risk creating a monkey face, dwarf the upper midface (which is not moved in bimax) by comparison, and upturn the nose (which may or may not be benecial depending on your case) with bimax.

There is a place for all of these procedures.

Last edited:
Yes, that's my point. If your bite is fine but both jaws recessed you would need both jaws advanced i.e. bimax. Even then you often need to combine it with genio or chin wing as an addon to correct lower jaw / chin deficency.

However I am saying that IF you don't have a recessed maxilla and your bite is fine, then bimax might not be the best idea since it comes with it's own aesthetic trade offs, risks not to mention the significant time and financial investments.

If your maxilla is already in a good position you would risk creating a monkey face, dwarf the upper midface (which is not moved in bimax) by comparison, and upturn the nose (which may or may not be benecial depending on your case) with bimax.

There is a place for all of these procedures.

this is a good example (hyperbole to make the point clear) to demonstrate what i mean

qAwS8K7.png

if your mandibular is recessed you need to adress the mandibular. not the chin. even if the bite is fine

if your chin is the problem then get chin wing or genioplasty. but only then

• +1
Reactions: HSM1 and kota
this is a good example (hyperbole to make the point clear) to demonstrate what i mean

qAwS8K7.png

if your mandibular is recessed you need to adress the mandibular. not the chin. even if the bite is fine

if your chin is the problem then get chin wing or genioplasty. but only then
Agreed.

i need lefort