Don't listen to this Bluepilled advice: "Just study what you enjoy!"

Kraken
This is commonly said by teachers to students who are applying to University. "Just study what you enjoy!"

It has the same meaning as this "Just take a shower and get a haircut bro!"

The "study what you enjoy" cope only applies to those who come from well off families, much like the "Just take a shower and get a haircut bro!" only applies to good looking people. This is what you should ask yourself when deciding your subject

Q1. Are you rich? If no, then cross off gender studies, media studies, liberal arts, etc. Cross of all mickey mouse degrees

You should then be left with the following: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Economics,Chemistry

Q2: Are you autistic? If yes, then you cross of medicine, law, economics

You are then left with Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Chemistry.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766, BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Racky and 21 others
They are correct obviously your degree need to make you money but if you enjoy you will work hardwr if you don’t you might not work

• +1
Reactions: JBcollector and Hero of the Imperium
They are correct obviously your degree need to make you money but if you enjoy you will work hardwr if you don’t you might not work
JFL. None of the STEMcels I know enjoy studying math 6-8 hours per day. But we do it because we know it will make us bank at the end of it.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: incel194012940, Deleted member 14262, Lmao and 6 others
JFL. None of the STEMcels I know enjoy studying math 6-8 hours per day. But we do it because we know it will make us bank at the end of it.
I wouldent be able to studie something i dont enjoy. And making bank dosent mean shit if you dislike your job that is the biggest part of your life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and rand anon
Such wisdom & insight. Where would I be without all this clairvoyance gifted by an 18 year old

• JFL
Reactions: Crusile, Prettyboy, Hero of the Imperium and 1 other person
I wouldent be able to studie something i dont enjoy. And making bank dosent mean shit if you dislike your job that is the biggest part of your life
Do you come from a well of family? I think this is why you are saying this shit.

I think most poor people would be willing to study something they don't like if they were gonna get a 150k starting salary from it

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
Mathematics are useless asf. Slave ur ass off just to become a math teacher

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate, ShowerMaxxing and GetShrekt
Do you come from a well of family? I think this is why you are saying this shit.

I think most poor people would be willing to study something they don't like if they were gonna get a 150k starting salary from it
Middle class and in my country you don't start with 150 k salary. But yeah i understand if you got 150 k but barely any jobs make that

Business majors are decent if you know how to talk to people, but ur too low iq for stem.

JFL. With mathematics, you can get into anything. Mathematics ranks amongst the highest paid degree subjects in most colleges.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and rand anon
Middle class and in my country you don't start with 150 k salary. But yeah i understand if you got 150 k but barely any jobs make that

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lmao, Growth Plate and hebbewem

you say that as if you just study for 3 years hating your life and then you get 150k salary and boom life sorted

No you stusy for 3 years and then if youre lucky you get entry level role on 30-40k

And then if you bust your ass hard and work long hours you get an more experienced role earning 50-100K or higher in some disciplines afyer literally dedicating your entire life to it. JFL

Study something you enjoy is legit blackpill advice because once youre comfortable moeny is a redpill cope

Disclaimer: Im a graduate software engineer and come from well off background

you say that as if you just study for 3 years hating your life and then you get 150k salary and boom life sorted

No you stusy for 3 years and then if youre lucky you get entry level role on 30-40k

And then if you bust your ass hard and work long hours you get an more experienced role earning 50-100K or higher in some disciplines afyer literally dedicating your entire life to it. JFL

Study something you enjoy is legit blackpill advice because once youre comfortable moeny is a redpill cope
I guess the 30-40k you are referring to is £ UK starting salaries? Yeah starting salaries in the UK is bad, that's why most will go abroad to work where it's much higher.

The average starting salary for a software dev is like 100k in America, if you are actually decent, then this will be a bit higher

Mayb3 i would in usa but in my country the median is 40 k for that job
Same. Starting salary is bad in my country too. But that's why I will travel abroad. US and Switz really pay well to software devs

• +1
Reactions: Deleted and hebbewem
I guess the 30-40k you are referring to is £ UK starting salaries? Yeah starting salaries in the UK is bad, that's why most will go abroad to work where it's much higher.

The average starting salary for a software dev is like 100k in America, if you are actually decent, then this will be a bit higher
that literally says 77k USD above you and converted to £ thats about 60k

You can either try making your hobby a career

or you can get a career to fuel your hobbies.

I used to be into architecture and wanted to study it, but it doesn't pay very well and is super competitive. If i stop being interested in arch i'll end up w a degree that isn't too useful for anything else and a career i won't be making money of either.

Its higher iq to get a job you make good money from and then if you really want just work part time and still make more than your passion job. You'll have more money for hobbies that require money and much more freedom in general.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: incel194012940, Lmao, thereallegend and 4 others

I used to be into architecture and wanted to study it, but it doesn't pay very well and is super competitive. If i stop being interested in arch i'll end up w a degree that isn't too useful for anything else and a career i won't be making money of either.

Its higher iq to get a job you make good money from and then if you really want just work part time and still make more than your passion job. You'll have more money for hobbies that require money and much more freedom in general.
actually a good level headed mindset

but the only issue is a lot of high pay jobs involve long hour and lots of stress so you need to consider this in your decisiona as well.

Often better to go for a more mid paying job so you can stress min

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend

Making a hobby of a carrer is probaly the best idea . No matter what your work will be most of your life. You will lose freedom if you don’t chose that

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted
that literally says 77k USD above you and converted to £ thats about 60k
And that's much higher than the 30-40k you mentioned right? Also, I believe it's much closer to 100k usd, especially if you are somewhat decent and graduated from the right colleges

actually a good level headed mindset

but the only issue is a lot of high pay jobs involve long hour and lots of stress so you need to consider this in your decisiona as well.

Often better to go for a more mid paying job so you can stress min
A Java developer makes good money and it isn't stressful but not exactly interesting either.

It'll give high salary + high flexibility so you can focus on what really matters in life (booze and women)

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: incel194012940 and DoctorLooksmax
Indian parents make their kids become Doctors/engineers first and then tell them they can study what they want after that :lul:

And that's much higher than the 30-40k you mentioned right? Also, I believe it's much closer to 100k usd, especially if you are somewhat decent and graduated from the right colleges
It is much higher. Salaries are much higher in the US than the UK in general but a lot of american companies make you workcel like a legit abused dog which would put me off

But its not the number that was literally qouted above

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, thereallegend and buckchadley31
Making a hobby of a carrer is probaly the best idea . No matter what your work will be most of your life. You will lose freedom if you don’t chose that
Making your hobby your career is EXTREMELY hard and its not freedom either because it'll mean you'll do highly specified work most likely which means your stuck at that job. Doesn't matter what you do it won't be fun after 30 years but with your mindset you'll be stuck either way.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: incel194012940, Lmao, thereallegend and 1 other person
A Java developer makes good money and it isn't stressful but not exactly interesting either.

It'll give high salary + high flexibility so you can focus on what really matters in life (booze and women)
yes and thats exactly the carrer I have chosen (well almost- Im a developer but not in Java)

and I choose it for EXACTLY those reasons.

It pays fairly well- not as well as a lawyer or investment banker but I have nothing like their stress levels and hours.

I can focus on what really matters in life and thats enjoying the fruits of hedonism on this planet during my breif existence before my spark goes out and I die.

ngl I have disagreed with you on some stuff in the past here but you have really hit the nail on the head for once

• Ugh..
Reactions: incel194012940
Useless to go uni if u dont do STEM (bar law and med Ig)

• Ugh..
Reactions: incel194012940
Making your hobby your career is EXTREMELY hard and its not freedom either because it'll mean you'll do highly specified work most likely which means your stuck at that job. Doesn't matter what you do it won't be fun after 30 years but with your mindset you'll be stuck either way.
If you want to make a choice every time you go to your job you wanna blow your brains out for some little extra money. And I don't think making job of a hobby will mean its super specified

It is much higher. Salaries are much higher in the US than the UK in general but a lot of american companies make you workcel like a legit abused dog which would put me off

But its not the number that was literally qouted above
My plan is to studycel... graduate from top uni... aim for some big tech company... work 5 years or so, make a few million and then retire in Dominican Republic and live out my days fucking big booty bitches whilst living in a mansion

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and incel194012940
My plan is to studycel... graduate from top uni... aim for some big tech company... work 5 years or so, make a few million and then retire in Dominican Republic and live out my days fucking big booty bitches whilst living in a mansion
Tech is probably one of the best ways to retire early tbf especially if you're willing to live in a tech capital like San Fransico and can change company often to get higher pay quicker as they're under high demand.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: incel194012940 and thereallegend
sounds like a decent plan but ngl even in the absolute best case scenario I dont see how you can retire after 5 year.

Absolute best case scenario would be like 12-15 id say

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and hebbewem
what if I am low IQ and autistic? Am I destined to work at McDonald's like @Octillionaire? :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

sounds like a decent plan but ngl even in the absolute best case scenario I dont see how you can retire after 5 year.

Absolute best case scenario would be like 12-15 id say
Ahh yeah tax is a thing right. And when you are getting paid through a company they deduct the tax before paying you, so it's not even like you can just run off with the all moneys

Last edited:
what if I am low IQ and autistic? Am I destined to work at McDonald's like @Octillionaire? :feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelswhy::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:
Most Indians are low IQ, even the ones that go to the top IITs and transfer to MIT for masters and PHD. Just studycel. 12h per day minimum

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 20452 and Zer0/∞

Fantasy land. Most stem degrees have like a 60k start

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Ahh yeah tax is a thing right. And when you are getting paid through a company they deduct the tax before paying you, so it's not even you can just run off with the all moneys
living costs are a thing too- and if you wanna work in a big tech company then youll have to live in a high cost city most likely.

that 100k usd if you did manage to get a high paying tech job in america (massive if its isnanely competivie)- will be 70 ish after taxes, make that 45k once you take off your living costs (assuming your giga frugal).

Even if the absolute best case scenario you arent retiring before 35

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
Most Indians are low IQ, even the ones that go to the top IITs and transfer to MIT for masters and PHD. Just studycel. 12h per day minimum
No, they're smarter than me. I am just a low IQ Bangladeshi muzzie.:feelswhy:

When statistical adjustments are used to convert the backward digit span results to full-scale IQ scores, Indian Americans place at about 112 on a bell-shaped IQ distribution, with white Americans at 100. 112 is the 79th percentile of the white distribution. For more context, consider that Ashkenazi Jews are a famously intelligent ethnic group, and their mean IQ is somewhere around 110.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Math teacher is a good rebound job if you couldn’t get a proper job. However you need public speaking + teaching skills. Thats why so many math teachers are aspy garbage teachers

“Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach”

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: buckchadley31
No, they're smarter than me. I am just a low IQ Bangladeshi muzzie.:feelswhy:

When statistical adjustments are used to convert the backward digit span results to full-scale IQ scores, Indian Americans place at about 112 on a bell-shaped IQ distribution, with white Americans at 100. 112 is the 79th percentile of the white distribution. For more context, consider that Ashkenazi Jews are a famously intelligent ethnic group, and their mean IQ is somewhere around 110.
Brahmins basically. We iq mog the entire world that's y I could solve arvid iq puzzle @the BULL

living costs are a thing too- and if you wanna work in a big tech company then youll have to live in a high cost city most likely.

that 100k usd if you did manage to get a high paying tech job in america (massive if its isnanely competivie)- will be 70 ish after taxes, make that 45k once you take off your living costs (assuming your giga frugal).

Even if the absolute best case scenario you arent retiring before 35
Cope. I will live in a hostel or even a van if I have to. I'm not working past 30

Cope. I will live in a hostel or even a van if I have to. I'm not working past 30
lol im not the one coping buddy boyo

you will learn the reality of life soon enough

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20452
Math teacher is a good rebound job if you couldn’t get a proper job. However you need public speaking + teaching skills. Thats why so many math teachers are aspy garbage teachers
And the shit those kids say behind your back is insane.
They'd have to like your and how u treat them and it doesn't even matter if you know how to teach or not

That nowhere near the truth lol. Peeps with 0 experience aren't getting 80k right after they graduate.
And most of us are incels with no social life... so no doubt most of us can spend lots of time... get really good... get really good college... and then get into top companies and they definitely pay 150k starting salaries

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: buckchadley31
I'm weird af

I enjoy and excel in Computer Science courses. I just love computers, programming and all the problem solving shit

But I'm lower iq on Calculus and mainly I don't feel like doing any Calclulus work and it's boring af. I just procrastinate / don't do math homework and do poorly on tests as a result

I'd probably do good in endocrinology though thanks to all my autistic gymcelling and height hormone research that made me interested in it. That's not as fun as learning CS though because there's no computer problem solving

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20452
And most of us are incels with no social life... so no doubt most of us can spend lots of time... get really good... get really good college... and then get into top companies and they definitely pay 150k starting salaries
half of getting into top companies is nepotism btw

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Lmao and thereallegend
Everywhere I look seems to suggest it's the truth

View attachment 1814130
sorry to break it to u bud but that's just not realistic, like at all.
When there is a possibility of extreme values ie (senior SE jobs with 10+ years of experience at big tech companies in a huge city), averages give very skewed results.
Median is a better way to get a good idea on how much you'll be making in an entry-level job.

Lmao unless you're some rich chink, ivy League graduate and wanna rot away memorising hundreds of useless algos then maybe.