But I don't think this applies so much for dev right? Where skills matter
Banking is like 90% nepotism 10% skills

Law maybe 70% nepotism 30% skill

Being a dev probably 50/50

well under the banner of nepotism id also include looks, NT etc

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Lmao and thereallegend
But I'm lower iq on Calculus and mainly I don't feel like doing any Calclulus work and it's boring af. I just procrastinate / don't do math homework and do poorly on tests as a result
You learn the content with YouTube

You practice the content with textbook questions. I suggest book Calculus by Spivak.

You ask questions on MathStackExchange. Pretty simple tbh

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Lmao and Growth Plate
Banking is like 90% nepotism 10% skills

Law maybe 70% nepotism 30% skill

Being a dev probably 50/50

well under the banner of nepotism id also include looks, NT etc
Yeah I'd understand if you said that for banking or law.

But devs too? Hmm :feelswat:

You learn the content with YouTube

You practice the content with textbook questions. I suggest book Calculus by Spivak.

You ask questions on MathStackExchange. Pretty simple tbh
Yeah, I use Organic Chem Tutor and shit like brainly, but it's still not exciting to learn at all

You can either try making your hobby a career

or you can get a career to fuel your hobbies.

I used to be into architecture and wanted to study it, but it doesn't pay very well and is super competitive. If i stop being interested in arch i'll end up w a degree that isn't too useful for anything else and a career i won't be making money of either.

Its higher iq to get a job you make good money from and then if you really want just work part time and still make more than your passion job. You'll have more money for hobbies that require money and much more freedom in general.
I always loved architecture and still do but it’s a very bad career choice, there’s very little room as a newbie to do anything engaging in it, plus both the hours and pay is awful.

It’s one of those activies that are perhaps better done as a hobby, since the structures of your dreams won’t be built in real life anyways, instead you draw up whatever is the most economical for the buyer

Civil engineering is even more boring, you just calculate most of the time

I like to draw and do 3D modeling but have since choosen a well paying, high class field instead in college

https://looksmax.org/threads/rate-drawing-i-am-currently-working-on.432114/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lmao
And the shit those kids say behind your back is insane.
They'd have to like your and how u treat them and it doesn't even matter if you know how to teach or not
Part of being a good teacher is being likable and respected. Easiest ways to attain that is by being a great at teaching, on time and strict when needed but also giving back. For example, a lot of teachers have end of term/semester pizza parties if the class performs well or behaves.

That has drawbacks tho, cus if one kid messes it up for the class they become isolated from the rest. Leads to some kids hating u while most like you. But you can’t please everyone

Part of being a good teacher is being likable and respected. Easiest ways to attain that is by being a great at teaching, on time and strict when needed but also giving back. For example, a lot of teachers have end of term/semester pizza parties if the class performs well or behaves.

That has drawbacks tho, cus if one kid messes it up for the class they become isolated from the rest. Leads to some kids hating u while most like you. But you can’t please everyone
Easiest way to being a teacher and keeping your sanity is just to rule by fear tbh.

First lecture, you talk about how in your younger days you used to shoot and stab people and then you turned your life around. No doubt they will all be quiet and well behaved in your class :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing
Easiest way to being a teacher and keeping your sanity is just to rule by fear tbh.

First lecture, you talk about how in your younger days you used to shoot and stab people and then you turned your life around. No doubt they will all be quiet and well behaved in your class :lul:
The comsci teacher at my old school had phones nailed to the wall. It was to send a message. That and being lined up was a practice he’d use on the year 9s(freshmen). Along with patrolling the class looking for slackers. People still thought he was an uptight dick tho

I see now that I’m older it’s good for routine and respect

Last edited:
The comsci teacher at my old school had phones nailed to the wall. It was to send a message. That and being lined up was a practice he’d use on they year 9s(freshmen). Along with patrolling the class looking for slackers. People still thought he was an uptight dick tho

I see now that I’m older it’s good for routine and respect
Lol. I could never be a teacher. You'd see on the news "School teacher arrested for paying student to beat up other students"

• JFL
Reactions: Lmao and ShowerMaxxing
This is commonly said by teachers to students who are applying to University. "Just study what you enjoy!"

It has the same meaning as this "Just take a shower and get a haircut bro!"

The "study what you enjoy" cope only applies to those who come from well off families, much like the "Just take a shower and get a haircut bro!" only applies to good looking people. This is what you should ask yourself when deciding your subject

Q1. Are you rich? If no, then cross off gender studies, media studies, liberal arts, etc. Cross of all mickey mouse degrees

You should then be left with the following: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Economics,Chemistry

Q2: Are you autistic? If yes, then you cross of medicine, law, economics

You are then left with Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Chemistry.
Why no Econ if I am autist? I wanted to do a combination between Econ and CS is this not possible as an autist?

Why no Econ if I am autist? I wanted to do a combination between Econ and CS is this not possible as an autist?
Well with Econ, there are a lot of possible job options. But a lot of these job options involve having to socialize a lot. If you are autist/incel, you'd wanna keep socialization to a minimum. Especially when it comes to socializing with foids, because they will never value your opinion. They only agree with Chad's opinion, no matter how stupid it may be

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Well with Econ, there are a lot of possible job options. But a lot of these job options involve having to socialize a lot. If you are autist/incel, you'd wanna keep socialization to a minimum. Especially when it comes to socializing with foids, because they will never value your opinion. They only agree with Chad's opinion, no matter how stupid it may be
What about being an investment banker or something like that?

Don't go to University. It's oversaturated.

Chose non-replacable trades instead.

Lastly unironically don't make Money your Nr 1 Priority. There was a long time before capitalism aswell.