Dutasteride / Finasteride cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate; decrease androgen receptors, increase estrogen receptors

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
If you contemplate taking finasteride/ dutasteride read this study.
Or just ask yourself:" do I potentially want a fibrotic penis ?"

Another reason not to take dutasteride or finasteride: they cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate and increase the expression of the estrogen receptor and decrease the androgen receptor in the penis.
Dutasteride is probably more harmful than finasteride, as dutasteride inhibits all isoforms of the 5a reductase enzyme and finasteride mostly focuses on 5a reductase type 2 (but also inhibits the other ones).

This is just another sign that those drugs are not side effect free! And it's also not "just 5% decrease in sex life quality " as this more plates more dates guy suggests, who by the way is spreading this misinformation to millions of people online.
I think peat is more correct with his statement that taking finasteride "is basically an insane choice "

Let's get into the study:

"...Group B showed fibrotic changes in the prostate and penis compared with the Group A."

"On the other hand, in Group C, weak expression of the androgen receptor and strong expression of the estrogen receptor beta was noted. In Group B, these changes were noted in the prostate and penis. "

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, SkinjobCatastrophe, Deleted member 7580 and 2 others
minox is ok though right

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
balding is death

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511 and Deleted member 4715
That's in rats not humans though and they were given an insanely high dose relative to their body mass

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, fogdart, Gargantuan and 5 others
If I remember correctly, the dose was like 30 mg/KG of body weight, meaning I would need 2700 mg DAILY to recreate this dose. That's a 7 year supply of DUTASTERIDE (not even Finasteride, the more tested 5AR inhibitor).

Also, humans aren't mice, our biochemistry is simply not identical. For example, corticosterone is the main corticosteroid hormone in rats and mice while cortisol is the main adrenal stress hormone in humans. There are many differences.

OP is a disingenuous piece of shit that WON'T tell you the study design, but he WILL gaslight you into thinking our only real, and to a high degree safe line of defense against hair loss will make your dick disintegrate to pieces.

I can't believe this forum has the audacity to call itself a looksmax forum, what a fucking joke.

I've been a year on Fin, dick still 8x6, still get daily morning wood, horny as fuck everyday. If you're a low T cuck (which every other male is nowadays), don't blame this God sent drug. I watched both of my older brothers go bald, while I have a thick mane because I started it prophylactically.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish, SOS-Sonic and ChristianChad
FYI, OP is a bald and wants you to go bald as well.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14139
If I remember correctly, the dose was like 30 mg/KG of body weight, meaning I would need 2700 mg DAILY to recreate this dose. That's a 7 year supply of DUTASTERIDE (not even Finasteride, the more tested 5AR inhibitor).

Also, humans aren't mice, our biochemistry is simply not identical. For example, corticosterone is the main corticosteroid hormone in rats and mice while cortisol is the main adrenal stress hormone in humans. There are many differences.

OP is a disingenuous piece of shit that WON'T tell you the study design, but he WILL gaslight you into thinking our only real, and to a high degree safe line of defense against hair loss will make your dick disintegrate to pieces.

I can't believe this forum has the audacity to call itself a looksmax forum, what a fucking joke.

I've been a year on Fin, dick still 8x6, still get daily morning wood, horny as fuck everyday. If you're a low T cuck (which every other male is nowadays), don't blame this God sent drug. I watched both of my older brothers go bald, while I have a thick mane because I started it prophylactically.
op is just copypasting posts to troll

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
Fin is the reason why short ugly and brown turned into a tranny and was simping for some 3/10 whore who hated him

fin is poison

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
Fin is the reason why short ugly and brown turned into a tranny and was simping for some 3/10 whore who hated him

fin is poison
That's right.

It's treating the symptom and not the root cause.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
That's right.

It's treating the symptom and not the root cause.
What is the root cause then?

dht (and to a lesser extent free t) in the follicles is clearly the only effective target we have.

If you contemplate taking finasteride/ dutasteride read this study.
Or just ask yourself:" do I potentially want a fibrotic penis ?"

Another reason not to take dutasteride or finasteride: they cause fibrosis of the penis and prostate and increase the expression of the estrogen receptor and decrease the androgen receptor in the penis.
Dutasteride is probably more harmful than finasteride, as dutasteride inhibits all isoforms of the 5a reductase enzyme and finasteride mostly focuses on 5a reductase type 2 (but also inhibits the other ones).

This is just another sign that those drugs are not side effect free! And it's also not "just 5% decrease in sex life quality " as this more plates more dates guy suggests, who by the way is spreading this misinformation to millions of people online.
I think peat is more correct with his statement that taking finasteride "is basically an insane choice "

Let's get into the study:

"...Group B showed fibrotic changes in the prostate and penis compared with the Group A."

"On the other hand, in Group C, weak expression of the androgen receptor and strong expression of the estrogen receptor beta was noted. In Group B, these changes were noted in the prostate and penis. "

This is a study of dut on rats - has anything similar been found in humans?

What is the root cause then?

dht (and to a lesser extent free t) in the follicles is clearly the only effective target we have.
Be born with hair follicles that aren't affected by androgens or genetically modify your own hair follicles to be like that. OR have an unlimited supply of hair to transplant from donor area (hair cloning)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back