Elastics

Its_over_gooner

Its_over_gooner

Iron
Does anyone know if elastic bands with braces for an overbite are good or bad for an a slightly receding chin? Has anyone seen results, does it fuck up your maxilla, should I wear them, is it like towel pulling, pls help??

show an example
I had braces for a while
they fixed my overbite

If your wearing braces overall no matter what it will help ur looks by aligning your teeth so ur jaw will sit right so no matter what it will be a plus side for you might notice changes in face shape but assuming your young your face is gonna change like for me i completely changed over one year due to puberty. Now if your not young wearing them will make you more attractive overall and more likely to be symmetrical

they are not going to fix your receding chin

• +1
Reactions: Its_over_gooner
they are not going to fix your receding chin
not true since he has a overbite that means his jaw will go from being back more to forward more since the teeth will be normal so it will help a bit use the image I added to explain better on how it would look

Attachments

• illustrations+of+malocclusions.jpg
    illustrations+of+malocclusions.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 0
You need a Forsus appliance.Trust me, talk to your ortho about it.

• +1
Reactions: Its_over_gooner and Donkeyballs
his jaw will go from being back more to forward more
I so ur jaw will sit right so no matter what
How are braces and elastics which pull the upper teeth backwards (with the aleovar process of the maxilla) going to fix his chin? It will 'fix' his overbite but not because they are treating the deficient aspect.

your right about the upper but it does pull/push lower in some cases but it has nothing to do with the treatment it will align the teeth better meaning fully being able to close his mouth which will help but other then that i was just being optimistic so he wont just stop wearing them all together since they will help a little bit

I’m in America rn visiting my grampa when I get back to aus I’ll ask

But I don’t just want to fix my overbite and fuck my maxilla and other stuff are you sure forsus will help with aesthetics

But I don’t just want to fix my overbite and fuck my maxilla and other stuff are you sure forsus will help with aesthetics
Well no matter they do the same band pulls the lower teeth forward and the upper teeth back, gradually correcting the overbite but forsus did it at much quicker rate or a orthognathic surgery helps align your upper jaw (maxilla) and lower jaw (mandible) but that's up to you really you could talk to your ortho abt all this and see what they say could help if you describe what your looking for

• +1
Reactions: Its_over_gooner