Expand Lower Dental Arches

IWantToMax

IWantToMax

I'm getting to 99.99% tier
I recently went to an Orthodontist.

I asked him to widen my palate, which he said is fine already, but he's willing to widen it a bit.

He also took a look at my lower teeth, that are slightly crooked in the front.
He said he doesn't need to remove any teeth, but he'd change their shape slightly to make them fit.

Was wondering if there's any other way to make more space in the lower dental arch, for the teeth.
Like an expander, but for the lower arch.

I know about myobraces. But are the really worth it? Do they have any sides in facial development?

I recently went to an Orthodontist.

I asked him to widen my palate, which he said is fine already, but he's willing to widen it a bit.

He also took a look at my lower teeth, that are slightly crooked in the front.
He said he doesn't need to remove any teeth, but he'd change their shape slightly to make them fit.

Was wondering if there's any other way to make more space in the lower dental arch, for the teeth.
Like an expander, but for the lower arch.

I know about myobraces. But are the really worth it? Do they have any sides in facial development?
Imdo is the only way I know of

It also aesthetically makes your jaw wider

• Love it
Reactions: IWantToMax
I think I remember Mew claiming that if you expanded the upper palate the lower palate would also expand to meet it, don't remember what his reasoning was though, been a while since I watched his videos

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, IWantToMax and Deleted member 2846
Imdo is the only way I know of

It also aesthetically makes your jaw wider
Shit I just googled this, they ascend kids for a living it seems

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and Deleted member 2581
what’s imdo
Inter molar distraction osteogenesis

It’s like a upgraded version of bsso besides lengthening the jaw it also widens it for a more aesthetically pleasing look.

0723765B 9F99 4512 BF3C 5A61950A073F

ED831F83 8E84 41F6 A050 A081EB8D91AE

Shit I just googled this, they ascend kids for a living it seems
It’s the perfect cure for a overbite they need to make this wide spread ASAP I only know a couple of people who offer it hopefully more overtime

I’m talking to my dentist about this myself soon.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: IWantToMax, LordNorwood and Deleted member 2846
S
I think I remember Mew claiming that if you expanded the upper palate the lower palate would also expand to meet it, don't remember what his reasoning was though, been a while since I watched his videos
Sounds good. Need 1cm in both upper and lower palate and I'm happy.
I thought it only widened the lower arch with upper expansion.

That's the spirit, and MSE has the biggest likelihood of replicating this (for the inpatient ones)

• Love it
That's the spirit, and MSE has the biggest likelihood of replicating this (for the inpatient ones)
Mse is not done everywhere though. Am I right? Anyway I'm still 18, so time is not really much of a problem ngl

When the coping is too strong.

On a side note, expanders seem to work until late age, they just become less effective after growth spurt (14), but can still yield great results.
If your palate fused completely already, which happens gradually, and ends at a later age.
To get decent results you need surgical assistance. (SARPE)

When the coping is too strong.

On a side note, expanders seem to work until late age, they just become less effective after growth spurt (14), but can still yield great results.
If your palate fused completely already, which happens gradually, and ends at a later age.
To get decent results you need surgical assistance. (SARPE)
the effects of SARPE are minor

do not expect that MSE is half as good

• So Sad