Eye-level and height

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
If you often times feel shorter than you really are, this could possibly be partially the result of a low eye-level. You can measure this by taking a ruler or something and going from the top of your head and measuring down to your pupil. Here's some info from celebheights:
"Your eye-level. This is probably the most important aspect effecting perceived height. When you think about height, most people are judging other heights based on their own eye-level.
On average a man has a 4.5 inch eye-level, with ladies slightly smaller. Imagine the scenario of 2 people the exact same measured height, but one person has a head size that is small and an eye-level closer to 4 inches. The other person has could have an eye-level closer to 5 inches. The person with the higher eye-level might view the person with the lower eye-level as nearly an inch smaller, whereas the person with the lower eye-level may see the person with higher eye-level as nearly an inch taller, even though they are both the same physical height."
Mine is 5.5 inches so according to celebheights I should see myself as roughly an inch or so shorter than I really am

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
There's also one comment I found that pertains to the subject

Commentor: Hey Rob, I measure 183 cm on the stadiometer and my eyes are set about 5.5 inches below top of my head, what height will eye level this make people think I am? Because people tend to guess me shorter.

Rob: You might be guessed about 181 by others.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
lifefuel for ppl with microcephaly

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8608
lifefuel for ppl with microcephaly
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
cloUder

Good thread.

We subconsciously assume our eye level is our height so if you're 6'4 like u have natural tendency to assume 5'11-6'0 guys are as tall or almost as tall as u and guys your height are actually much taller than u. I retrained this instinct though and now I have elite level height sense.

We subconsciously assume our eye level is our height so if you're 6'4 like u have natural tendency to assume 5'11-6'0 guys are as tall or almost as tall as u and guys your height are actually much taller than u. I retrained this instinct though and now I have elite level height sense.
Ohhhh I'm 6'1 and I feel short this has to be why

Ohhhh I'm 6'1 and I feel short this has to be why
Another reason you feel short is because people notice and remember taller individuals more because they stand out so we have impression that everyone is tall as fuck but it's just because we don't remember the average height randoms because they blend in better. I always check heights of people around me when I go out in public. Even at that metal show I went to there was a decent number of 6'0 guys but I didn't notice even one guy who was my height or taller. Then again metal show probably not best place to gauge because metalheads have tendency to wear boots and other shit with thick soles.

Another reason you feel short is because people notice and remember taller individuals more because they stand out so we have impression that everyone is tall as fuck but it's just because we don't remember the average height randoms because they blend in better. I always check heights of people around me when I go out in public. Even at that metal show I went to there was a decent number of 6'0 guys but I didn't notice even one guy who was my height or taller. Then again metal show probably not best place to gauge because metalheads have tendency to wear boots and other shit with thick soles.
Makes sense. Now that I think about it the vast majority of men that I see are shorter than me, and I only see a handful of men who are taller, but I tend to remember them because they're the exceptions. Im mid puberty so Insha Allah I reach the golden 6'4

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 15827