Eye prominence - How to get deep-set eyes

Lawyer

Lawyer

Time online
14d 17h 14m
Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.
Under the influence of high estrogen levels, a young woman gains about 35 pounds of fat, changing the shape of her breasts, hips, thighs and lips. By contrast, a young man acquires about one and half times as much muscle and bone mass, controlled by the complex action of androgens (and aromatized androgens) acting both directly and indirectly (via release of growth hormone) on bone and muscle tissues. As a result, the average adult male has a longer and broader lower jaw than that of a female, and brow ridge growth results in more sunken narrow eyes.
Even masculine facial structure may be designed for fighting; heavy brow ridges protect eyes from blows, and robust mandibles lessen the risk of catastrophic jaw fractures, for example.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.
On average, the surface of the soft tissues overlying the supraorbital rim lies 10 mm anterior to the cornea, and the surface of the soft tissues overlying the infraorbital rim lies 3 mm behind the anterior surface of the cornea. This implies that the supraorbital rim usually projects 13 mm beyond the infraorbital rim.

When the orbital rims have a greater projection beyond the anterior surface of the cornea, the eyes appear "deep set", when the orbital rims project less, the eyes appear "prominent".

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:

Classification of eye prominence

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

Depending on your exophthalmometry measurement, your eyes will be:

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Moderately prominent (18 to 20mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

According to this relationship, the orbital vector will be:

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

Negative and positive orbital vectors:

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

Before and after pics of bilateral orbital decompression:

To increase the projection of the orbital rims you can get orbital implants.

Also some osteotomies can augment the orbital rims:
LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:

Modified LeFort 3:

Quadrangular LeFort 2 advances the infraorbital rims

Last edited:
Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

6'5 BWC Mogger of Niggers
Time online
75d 7h 9m
Thanks for the thread. Is there a way to increase PFL?

Mr.cope

Mr.cope

Life ends at 18
Time online
185d 11h 33m
Water ngl

JosephGarrot123

JosephGarrot123

Clinically deformed
Time online
108d 13h 3m
Ngl I'm thinking of getting Lefort 3 because my eyes are bulging

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

Time online
75d 7h 9m
patricknotstar

patricknotstar

Wizard
Time online
8d 16h 17m
Lawyer said:
Introduction

Eye prominence plays a very important role on how your face is perceived, deep-set eyes are a male dimorphic trait, it has been hypothesized that deep-set eyes may be an adaptation for combat, hunting and male intrasexual selection, designed to protect the eyes from hits.

As you can see in the following image, towards the more masculine faces, the eyes become vertically narrower and more sunken:
View attachment 460939

Eye prominence is determined by the projection of the orbital rims in relation to the cornea.

The relationship of the globe to the orbital rims is a primary determinant of the appearance of the upper third of the face. Normal values are shown in the following image:

To measure the degree of eye prominence a hertel exophthalmometer is used, this device measures the position of the globe in relation to the lateral orbital rim.

The normal range of ocular protrusion as measured from the lateral orbital rim to the corneal apex is 14–21 mm in adults.

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

Eye prominence can also be measured with the orbital vector, the orbital vector is determined by the linear relationship of the most anterior projection of the globe to the most anterior projection of the lower eyelid and the malar eminence.

-Positive vector: The most anterior portion of the globe lies posterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies posterior to the anterior malar eminence.​
-Neutral vector: The anterior globe, lower eyelid margin, and anterior malar eminence all lie in the same vertical plane.​
-Negative vector: The anterior globe lies anterior to the lower eyelid margin, which lies anterior to the malar eminence.​

View attachment 460947

The malar eminence is the most prominent point of the zygomatic bone (malar bone) and is always located anterior to the infraorbital rim, this is something that should be taken into account when augmenting the infraorbital rims with implants.

In most cases, a positive vector equates to a deep-set eye, while a negative vector results in a prominent eye.

Achieving deep-set eyes

To achieve deep-set eyes, you can either reduce the prominence of the globe or increase the projection of the orbital rims, in some cases both approaches may be necessary to achieve deep-set eyes.

The surgical procedure to reduce the promience of the eyeballs is called orbital decompression, it involves removing or thinning various safe orbital walls (and orbital fat), thereby expanding the eye socket, allowing the eyeball to settle back.

The best and safest first orbital wall to remove (or thin out) is the lateral orbital wall, followed by the medial wall, and last the orbital floor. More reduction with added risk is taken as more walls are decompressed. Incisions are hidden in the lateral upper eyelid crease (for lateral orbital decompression), caruncle or transcaruncular (for medial wall decompression) and lower eyelid conjunctiva (for orbital floor decompression).

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3 and Modified LeFort 3 advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims.

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:
View attachment 460935 View attachment 460936

View attachment 460931
"sooo you want a modified lefort 3, an extremely invasive high risk procedure that could permanently cause nerve damage and affect your eyesight, becauseee you want uhh what was it again "deep set hunter eyes to look more dom" yeah I'm gonna give you a psychiatric appointment instead"

Lawyer

Lawyer

Time online
14d 17h 14m
JosephGarrot123 said:
Ngl I'm thinking of getting Lefort 3 because my eyes are bulging
Is the rest of your midface retruded? If so, go for it, but you would probably still need orbital decompression to get deep-set eyes and supraorbital rim implants (since a LeFort would not advance the supraorbital rims)

Anyway, if your midface hypoplasia is not severe, I would advise you to get midface implants instead of a LeFort 3, they are cheaper and less risky.

If your midface is fine and your only problem is your orbitals, then get orbital decompression and/or orbital implants.

JosephGarrot123

JosephGarrot123

Clinically deformed
Time online
108d 13h 3m
Lawyer said:
Is the rest of your midface retruded? If so, go for it, but you would probably still need orbital decompression to get deep-set eyes and supraorbital rim implants (since a LeFort would not advance the supraorbital rims)

Anyway, if your midface hypoplasia is not severe, I would advise you to get midface implants instead of a LeFort 3, they are cheaper and less risky.

If your midface is fine and your only problem is your orbitals, then get orbital decompression and/or orbital implants.

Ok thank you, my face is recessed I look ugly in photos but in mirrors I look decent I am going to go for a sleep study for sleep apnea then go to orthodontist to assess my face problems I have severe social anxiety which also causes me depression I don't take pictures and don't go outside because of how self conscious I am about my face

Lawyer

Lawyer

Time online
14d 17h 14m
patricknotstar said:
"sooo you want a modified lefort 3, an extremely invasive high risk procedure that could permanently cause nerve damage and affect your eyesight, becauseee you want uhh what was it again "deep set hunter eyes to look more dom" yeah I'm gonna give you a psychiatric appointment instead"
You are just twisting my words lol.

I was just saying that with a MLF3 you can advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims, but it also advances the rest of your midface so unless your entire midface is severely retruded to the point that midface implants would not be enough to fix it, it would be pointless to get that procedure done.

Literally just read the post I made below yours replying to another user.

Lawyer

Lawyer

Time online
14d 17h 14m
JosephGarrot123 said:
I am going to go for a sleep study for sleep apnea then go to orthodontist to assess my face problems
Good.

These are the midface implants I was talking about, just in case you were wondering.

patricknotstar

patricknotstar

Wizard
Time online
8d 16h 17m
Lawyer said:

I was just saying that with a MLF3 you can advance the infraorbital and lateral orbital rims, but it also advances the rest of your midface so unless your entire midface is severely retruded to the point that midface implants would not be enough to fix it, it would be pointless to get that procedure done.

I know , it was a good thread. I was trying to attempt to be funny

Currypirate4

Currypirate4

Zephir
Time online
200d 17h 27m
Won'tStopNoodling said:
Thanks for the thread. Is there a way to increase PFL?
Funnily enough orbital decompression will decrease PFL if done for non functional reasons. Deeper set eyes usually lacks PFL.

Henry_Gandy

Henry_Gandy

Wizard
Time online
96d 16h 21m
Lawyer said:
Introduction

View attachment 460939

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

View attachment 460947

Achieving deep-set eyes

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:

View attachment 460931
bonesmash your infraorbital rims and superorbital rims and browridge and zygos

Deleted member 5746

Deleted member 5746

Coping manlets hate me - Manlet killer
Time online
118d 15h 58m
Lawyer said:
Do you have evidence of the effectiveness of bonesmashing?
Look up "Famous boxxers"

Deleted member 7776

Deleted member 7776

Time online
75d 7h 9m
Lawyer said:

Wait, hold on, isn't MLF3 a LF3 without touching the maxilla? If so, wouldn't that mean that the midface wouldn't be significantly more forward-projected after all, since the maxilla kind of covers the entirety of the midface, no?

Lawyer

Lawyer

Time online
14d 17h 14m
Won'tStopNoodling said:
Wait, hold on, isn't MLF3 a LF3 without touching the maxilla?
There are various modifications of the LeFort 3, the one I was talking about is the modification in which the nose is not included in the cut.

There is another modification in which the lower maxilla is not included, it is like a normal LeFort 3 but without the LeFort 1 area.

This is the modified LeFort 3 that this guy from jawsurgeryforums got:

From what I've seen, the nose may or may not be included in the cut, I think that in his case it was not included.

It is used in combination with a LeFort 1 in cases where the patient needs different amounts of advancement in the lower maxilla than in the upper maxilla.

OOGABOOGA

OOGABOOGA

Both hotter and uglier than the average guy tbh
Time online
166d 5h 38m
Lawyer said:
There are various modifications of the LeFort 3, the one I was talking about is the modification in which the nose is not included in the cut.

There is another modification in which the lower maxilla is not included, it is like a normal LeFort 3 but without the LeFort 1 area.
View attachment 468246

This is the modified LeFort 3 that this guy from jawsurgeryforums got:

From what I've seen, the nose may or may not be included in the cut, I think that in his case it was not included.

It is used in combination with a LeFort 1 in cases where the patient needs different amounts of advancement in the lower maxilla than in the upper maxilla.
View attachment 468247
Those first two pics omg. That would ascend me so hard

T

tdawg

nofap is the best skin regimen
Time online
5d 9h 5m
Lawyer said:
He actually got it done for functional reasons.

from boomcel to boomchad wow

Gaia262

Gaia262

My Eyes Are Open
Time online
265d 8h 53m
Lawyer said:
Introduction

View attachment 460939

-Deep-set (<14mm)​
-Normal (15 to 17mm)​
-Very prominent (>20mm)​

Orbital vector

View attachment 460947

Achieving deep-set eyes

View attachment 460930

LeFort 3:
View attachment 460933

Modified LeFort 3:

View attachment 460931

Can you explain how a standard bimax leads to improvement in the eye area?

Short Ugly and Brown

Short Ugly and Brown

This account has NO relation to Nathaniel M.
Time online
145d 13h 39m
Chrono said:
If I had his eye area I would of been gigachad slayer. I don't know he he has eye area like that and looks like a tranny.
Chrono said:
Yeah and his skull shape is oval and he has very many feminine features.
so do I have deep-set eyes or not bhai?

the reason why I'm a kissless virgin is simple
1. lower third
2. race

thats what literally everyone close to me irl told me, jaw+chin and race. no woman wants to fuck a shitskin with a 1psl jaw.

Last edited:
Chadeep

Chadeep

Bluepill Philosopher
Time online
129d 21h 29m
Short Ugly and Brown said:
You have deep set eyes bro. No need to worry.

Short Ugly and Brown

Short Ugly and Brown

This account has NO relation to Nathaniel M.
Time online
145d 13h 39m
Chadeep said:
You have deep set eyes bro. No need to worry.
how deepset? also reread that comment I just added onto it

Sikkunt23

Sikkunt23

Retired , here to look better. No affiliations
Time online
144d 13h 14m

1. lower third
2. race

thats what literally everyone close to me irl told me, jaw+chin and race. no woman wants to fuck a shitskin with a 1psl jaw.
U eye mog literally everyone on this fourm jfl

ExCel

ExCel

OG
Time online
6d 5h 8m

1. lower third
2. race

Nah ur just a weirdo

Gaia262

Gaia262

My Eyes Are Open
Time online
265d 8h 53m
Lawyer said:
Her orbital vector looks better in the after, perhaps she got a High LeFort 1? Idk.

Standard lefort 1 (bimax + genioplasty) seems to impact the eye area. But this is never talked about on this forum.

Gaia262

Gaia262

My Eyes Are Open
Time online
265d 8h 53m
Lawyer said:
How exactly?

I don't know how, but you can see in the pictures and a lot of other bimax patients the eye area improves.

My first thought its to do with the increased projection of the maxilla, but I do not know.

Users who are viewing this thread