Facial bloat

D

dbs

Iron
I've had some great results in eliminating lateral facial bloat after getting Botox injected into my parotid. Has really improved my jawline. Would strongly recommend. Had Botox injected into my masseters previously but the results were poor, angles disappeared.

I've still got some mildly masseter hypertrophy, particularly noticeable after eating and could do with them slimmed.

Some doctors have suggested chin wing to stretch the master and slim it. Anyone with experience of this or any advice?

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369
thank you for sharing
Is the parotid just further back (closer to the ear) than the masseter? @dbs

Is parotid at same level of depth as masseter?
7151BE06 7C5E 457A 92E5 C3876168DD74

tagging @DonewithIncel

Is this even a thing?
Parotid botox!?

Is this even a thing?
Parotid botox!?
The parotid is further back but has some overlap with the masseter.

It's been known for a while but isn't mainstream

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
The parotid is further back but has some overlap with the masseter.

It's been known for a while but isn't mainstream
What does it actually do though? I can’t find any before / afters?

What does it actually do though? I can’t find any before / afters?
The parotid produces saliva.

The Botox blocks the neuro junctions, like it does in muscle, resulting in atrophy. As it is often more superior than the masseter angle that atrophy results in slimming at a better place for male aesthetics

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
No pics so you’re probably just being schizo op no offence.

• +1
Reactions: dbs
The parotid produces saliva.

The Botox blocks the neuro junctions, like it does in muscle, resulting in atrophy. As it is often more superior than the masseter angle that atrophy results in slimming at a better place for male aesthetics
That makes sense, so it slims that area between the zygos and masseters?

Yes, creating that dip that can accentuate the jaw angle
When I feel my masseter, it goes all the way from my zygos down to my gonial, would this mean that hypertrophying the masseter would eclipse the aesthetic gains from this?
Cause I’m getting lateral temporal botox to slim the area between my zygos and browridge, to increase perceived ES ratio/PFL, and once I do that, I want to start chewing again, so that my bizygo:bigonial is 1:1 or even 1:1.1 (I like look of wider jaw than zygos, so long as it doesn’t look bloated, and the zygos remain prominent, and the lower third is balanced with a tall height).
With all this, I’d be aiming to achieve as much angularity as possible, do you think this could happen?
I have my botox + fillers (3ml to chin for height and square off) appt on Wednesday, so trying to sort out exactly what I want now.

@dbs is this something many injectors do?

Not many injectors do it, but it's not difficult for them to do if they know the anatomy.

Masseters typically bulk at the angle, with any hypertrophy they would likely bulk the whole way down from zygoma to masseter but that would retain the bulk at the angle shape. Reducing parotid bulk will accentuate the masseter angle bulk as the parotid largely overlaps the bit above the angle.