Facial development and its effects on airway size and facial aesthetics

Elias

Elias

223FA1EF 0B37 4C61 8E2F 891B19AD0BAB

There are many growth and development factors that your parents should’ve kept into consideration in the first decade of your life. Amazingly, instead it is actually your dentist who becomes the vital guardian of your facial growth and development. Remember, the role of the dentist is more than just taking care of your teeth. The goal of your dentist should achieve the following:

• Beautiful, wide smile
• Pretty face that equals optimal aesthetics
• No sleep apnea
• Lifetime oral health
• No temporal-mandibular Joint, TMJ problems
• Normally functioning Bite and free from malocclusion

What Hinders Normal Facial Development?
The most common disturbance of normal and natural facial development is mouth breathing. At a tender age, nasal breathing can become difficult at times. Apart from other causes, tonsils and Adenoids are the most common causes of obstruction of nasal breathing. When you begin to breathe through the mouth, the nasal passage begins to narrow stunting proper growth because the tongue does not press into the palate, which is its normal position.

When the shape of the upper jaw changes, the lower jaw starts to grow to compensate and maintain an open airway. This results in a long facial profile, less prominent chin, and an overall small mouth. This leads to a smaller airway and a less desirable facial appearance.

Take a look at your teeth— if you notice your bottom front teeth are taller than the bottom back teeth, then you are a mouth breather.

Tongue positioning and Facial Growth:
If not addressed early, improper tongue positioning can lead to much dental health and other health issues. If the tongue rests at the bottom of your mouth, it can put pressure on the lower teeth. It gradually pushes the lower jaw and the teeth forward into pathologic positions that are sometimes painful. Additionally, poor tongue positioning can result in crowded teeth as well as bite issues. These tongue forces can change your facial appearance, and place a lot of strain on your back and neck.

Also, improper tongue positions can make you develop forward head posture, making it difficult to swallow food. Besides, inappropriate tongue position can lead to the development of spaces and gaps, malocclusion and other health problems throughout your facial growth and development.

If there is no early intervention, these signs and symptoms can lead to severe TMJ pain in the future. These issues include snoring and sleep apnea, chronic headache, difficulties in breathing, daytime fatigue and more mouth-body related issues.

When you realize the position of your tongue is inappropriate you can try mewing to return it to its position before everything fall out of hand.

Teeth and Airway:
Even as early as 2 years old, the position of your teeth can tell insufficient jaw size, poor facial and airway development. Furthermore, this can indicate symptoms of poor dysfunction that can result in obstructive sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing. The earlier these signs are noticed and treated, the healthier you will grow.

Issues around Mouth Breathing and Midface deficiency:
Other issues that can affect facial growth include the thumb or finger sucking, tongue-tie, chewing objects like pencil/pen or lip biting.

As true to other maladaptations, mouth breathing affects other body parts apart from the face and jaws. Mouth breathing can trickle into the rest of the body affecting your body posture.

Over time, these postures can lead to skeletal changes like loss of neck curvature, rotations of the vertebrae, a tilted pelvis, forward head postures, and tight calf muscles among others.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: subhuman incel, randomvanish, Deleted member 6401 and 11 others
thats cool and all but we gain absolutely nothing from this thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5891, Deleted member 5694, Chadelite and 6 others
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NateJacobs, horizontallytall, retard and 11 others
MashaALlah high iq cel @Elias

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Kingkellz and Elias
You gain knowledge low iq cel
Bro... did you know that .... Mouthbreathing. Bad. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me on this one

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 2205 and 4 others
I already know why i'm ugly but thanks for the reminder

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 1464, Chadelite and 2 others

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
How is facial development related to shadows under the eyes?
Are those result of narrow palate/recessed maxilla?

• +1
-mouth breathing fucks face up
-mewing is cope if not done young
Pretty sure we all know this
Yes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 3195 and wannabenormie
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, wannabenormie and Chadelite
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 1464 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
  • +1
@retard
@Golden Glass
@nelson
@CopeAndRope
@Lorsss

• +1
Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Holy smokes batman, so having bad facial development can affect health???!!

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit

I'll just post this here
>inb4 "muh it's all genetics"

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and Mr.cope
View attachment 340911

There are many growth and development factors that your parents should’ve kept into consideration in the first decade of your life. Amazingly, instead it is actually your dentist who becomes the vital guardian of your facial growth and development. Remember, the role of the dentist is more than just taking care of your teeth. The goal of your dentist should achieve the following:

• Beautiful, wide smile
• Pretty face that equals optimal aesthetics
• No sleep apnea
• Lifetime oral health
• No temporal-mandibular Joint, TMJ problems
• Normally functioning Bite and free from malocclusion

What Hinders Normal Facial Development?
The most common disturbance of normal and natural facial development is mouth breathing. At a tender age, nasal breathing can become difficult at times. Apart from other causes, tonsils and Adenoids are the most common causes of obstruction of nasal breathing. When you begin to breathe through the mouth, the nasal passage begins to narrow stunting proper growth because the tongue does not press into the palate, which is its normal position.

When the shape of the upper jaw changes, the lower jaw starts to grow to compensate and maintain an open airway. This results in a long facial profile, less prominent chin, and an overall small mouth. This leads to a smaller airway and a less desirable facial appearance.

Take a look at your teeth— if you notice your bottom front teeth are taller than the bottom back teeth, then you are a mouth breather.

Tongue positioning and Facial Growth:
If not addressed early, improper tongue positioning can lead to much dental health and other health issues. If the tongue rests at the bottom of your mouth, it can put pressure on the lower teeth. It gradually pushes the lower jaw and the teeth forward into pathologic positions that are sometimes painful. Additionally, poor tongue positioning can result in crowded teeth as well as bite issues. These tongue forces can change your facial appearance, and place a lot of strain on your back and neck.

Also, improper tongue positions can make you develop forward head posture, making it difficult to swallow food. Besides, inappropriate tongue position can lead to the development of spaces and gaps, malocclusion and other health problems throughout your facial growth and development.

If there is no early intervention, these signs and symptoms can lead to severe TMJ pain in the future. These issues include snoring and sleep apnea, chronic headache, difficulties in breathing, daytime fatigue and more mouth-body related issues.

When you realize the position of your tongue is inappropriate you can try mewing to return it to its position before everything fall out of hand.

Teeth and Airway:
Even as early as 2 years old, the position of your teeth can tell insufficient jaw size, poor facial and airway development. Furthermore, this can indicate symptoms of poor dysfunction that can result in obstructive sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing. The earlier these signs are noticed and treated, the healthier you will grow.

Issues around Mouth Breathing and Midface deficiency:
Other issues that can affect facial growth include the thumb or finger sucking, tongue-tie, chewing objects like pencil/pen or lip biting.

As true to other maladaptations, mouth breathing affects other body parts apart from the face and jaws. Mouth breathing can trickle into the rest of the body affecting your body posture.

Over time, these postures can lead to skeletal changes like loss of neck curvature, rotations of the vertebrae, a tilted pelvis, forward head postures, and tight calf muscles among others.
We need to call this MEWING this will be holy grail

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 5634
My face was deformed by mouth breathing, but there was no alternative for me other than mouth breathe. I didn't mouth breathe because I wanted to, so it really has to do with genetics.

• +1
We need to call this MEWING this will be holy grail
What if there was a way to speed up this “mewing”?
I propose a mechanical device, capable of “pulling” the bones into place

this revolutionary device will be called:

“THE FACE-PULLANATOR 3000”

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and GarixTheChad
who the fuck actually mouth breathes? I can count on one hand the times I've seen a mouth breather. it's the fucking slouched posture that affects 99% of people, not mouth breathing

• +1
@Mr.cope @Elias Do you know which one of narrow palate/recessed maxilla is the main cause for the shadows?
After corona thing is over I am visiting ortho/surgeon regarding MSE and would prefer to know the topic beforehand.

• +1
I wish I did
same tbh, wish I grew up in a tribe on an island and then moved to western society when i'm fully grown and slay

• +1
tldr all dentists and PE teachers must be interned

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 4430
who the fuck actually mouth breathes? I can count on one hand the times I've seen a mouth breather. it's the fucking slouched posture that affects 99% of people, not mouth breathing
low IQ. I agree mouth breathing is rare, but to say mouth breathing doesn't cause facial deformity is retarded.

• +1
same tbh, wish I grew up in a tribe on an island and then moved to western society when i'm fully grown and slay
No I wish I lived in a tribe in general. The west can rot away

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 5634 and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
  • +1
MSE + FaceBow + GH + Mewing post MSE = MulattoSlayer = GetThatBread

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 6401
  • +1
  • Woah
  • +1
You have a truecel tier face, you’re 5’8, but you have some slays? Something isn’t right...
i'm actually 6'4 6 psl face

• +1
You have a truecel tier face, you’re 5’8, but you have some slays? Something isn’t right...
Hes chadlite
Good body, 5’10 and good jaw/eyes and is also white and high T

• +1
You are all not the sharpest foxes in the foxhouse

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Elias
very good thread, mirin high iq. I'll make sure that my kid has good facial development btw mirin new avi

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 6401, Pubertymaxxer3 and 1 other person
They're the result of low cheekbones, which are a result of a downward grown maxilla, which is a result of mouthbreathing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, It'snotover, Chadelite and 2 others
Elaborate
StolenDays

You do it for the dopamine
All pseudo-intellectual bullshit and especially this topic should have been clear to everyone. Wonder whyn functional surgery exists ? Or Mew familiy's endeavour to spread the word about it? Pottenger said how all this is important? Or ultimately Price

We are all kids, for most this is their edgy phase

but ultimately you should take the useful stuff and move on and dont wither away in this loop

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Elias