Ankyloglossia(mewing limitation?) tongue tie

What grade are you?

• Total voters
diggbicc

diggbicc

Kraken
Thoughts on this?

tongue grade.jpeg

The doctors who documented patients said that only 19% people had a fully functional i.e. grade1 tongue. Rest were tending towards <60%TRMR. I think it is obvious that someone with a grade 1 tongue will actually see mewing results over time, while those below 60% will barely see anything. Could this also be co-related to the 80/20 attractiveness rule?

Someone with a grade 1 tongue will have a maxillary height of 80-100 units from the floor of the mouth
grade 2 will be between 50 and 80
grade 3 will be <50
grade 4 will be <25

Since we know that transverse maxillary width and outward projection are directly proportional to attraction, we can expect most grade 1 people to be in chad territory with a few outliers from grade 2 who have roughly >70 TRMR. This bracket will be 19%(grade 1 only) + 2-3% of grade 2.

Normies and chadlites will be between mid grade 2(<70) to upper grade 3(>40).

Truecels may fall below 40, making up for the lower end of grade 3 and entire grade 4.

80:20.png

Be among:
1. Only men who have a fully functional tongue(19-20%)
2. Even among those, you additionally need to have practised proper oral posture and chewed on hard foods.
Only then are you attractive to females. Is this idea going somewhere? Maybe the missing link to why everyone can't see results from mewing? Will performing the release surgery followed by mewing bring the maxilla noticeably forward?

I am particularly interested in the answers of truecels and palatecels in the poll.

@Enlil
@7 rings
@karbo

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: ManzareK, AscendingHero, PrisonMike and 14 others
Interesting new thoughts. I have grade 1 if measured correctly. I can almost fully stretch open my jaw and touch my tongue to my palate.
If i completely stretch open my jaw, it doesn't touch. But it touches when my jaw is opened over the ''locking'' position.
I have perfectly straight teeth without braces but had my wisdom teeth removed, the dentist said they won't fit.

Also i'm slightly above average, not chad.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
If i completely stretch open my jaw, it doesn't touch. But it touches when my jaw is opened over the ''locking'' position.
I have perfectly straight teeth without braces but had my wisdom teeth removed, the dentist said they won't fit.

Defo not grade 1. You measured wrong. You need to open your jaw like a lions mouth, as much as physically possible beyond your tmj clicking and then see if you can touch it. But it is not how high your tip can go, it is how high the posterior third of your tongue can go. That is what pushes the maxilla and sphenoid under the eye area giving good under eye support and visible zygos.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 1973 and 3 others
Defo not grade 1. You measured wrong. You need to open your jaw like a lions mouth, as much as physically possible beyond your tmj clicking and then see if you can touch it. But it is not how high your tip can go, it is how high the posterior third of your tongue can go. That is what pushes the maxilla and sphenoid under the eye area giving good under eye support and visible zygos.
Then it's grade 2.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1707
Then it's grade 2.
You can't say for sure, even I felt like I was between 1 and 2. A visit to my doctor blew me out, he said I am somewhere between 3 and 4. JFL :lul: Go to a dentist, ENT or OMFS and get their opinion.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 1973 and EckhartTollemaxx
You can't say for sure, even I felt like I was between 1 and 2. A visit to my doctor blew me out, he said I am somewhere between 3 and 4. JFL :lul: Go to a dentist, ENT or OMFS and get their opinion.
Srs? Quite surprising. I just opened my jaw as wide as possible and looked in the mirror, looks just like pic 2.

interesting thread tbh havent seen this idea before
i looked into it and it seems im grade 2? i never even thought some people are just unable to lift their tongues up jfl
But it is not how high your tip can go, it is how high the posterior third of your tongue can go.
but the picture shows its the tip that determines the grade, no? i opened my mouth as big as i could and it looked like pic 2

btw yeah it makes sense that people with lower grades wont have success with mewing, since they literally cannot mew properly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and EckhartTollemaxx
Srs? Quite surprising. I just opened my jaw as wide as possible and looked in the mirror, looks just like pic 2.
There is a special case known as grade 4 compensating as grade 2. See this video and is this your case?

interesting thread tbh havent seen this idea before
i looked into it and it seems im grade 2? i never even thought some people are just unable to lift their tongues up jfl

but the picture shows its the tip that determines the grade, no? i opened my mouth as big as i could and it looked like pic 2

btw yeah it makes sense that people with lower grades wont have success with mewing, since they literally cannot mew properly
See this video

There is a special case known as grade 4 compensating as grade 2. See this video and is this your case?

See this video

Also read the comments, just 2 of em but he explains how even a grade 4 can compensate to a grade 1

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Bobelbrah, Deleted member 1973, Administrator and 1 other person

See this video

Also read the comments, just 2 of em but he explains how even a grade 4 can compensate to a grade 1

Just tested, no neck muscle tension, i move my tongue with the tongue muscles only. Grade 2.

I have opened my mouth as much as I can with full force, still can touch it

First couple months I started I would have to remember myself to get it up there and its like breathing rn, always on the ceiling of my mouth. I have a narrowish palate I’m looking to fix though, if this is true I will be just fine after palatal expansion and just keep mewing

I have opened my mouth as much as I can with full force, still can touch it

First couple months I started I would have to remember myself to get it up there and its like breathing rn, always on the ceiling of my mouth. I have a narrowish palate I’m looking to fix though, if this is true I will be just fine after palatal expansion and just keep mewing
can you do this?

try this test as well

Well, it seems the frenulum of the tongue is stopping me from lifting it properly if i push it with my finger a bit like in the video.
It's a structural block for me it seems.
Also when i lift my tongue the floor of the mouth in front of the tongue is used.

I have never had any problems breastfeeding as a baby, speech problems except with rolling r in childhood and the only teeth problems i ever had is my wisdom teeth had to be removed. Not a mouth breather naturally.
It seems it's just a variation in the tissues of the mouth instead of an actual disability. Mewing is my natural tongue posture.

But i'm not 6+ psl so it could have aesthetic effects.

Well, it seems the frenulum of the tongue is stopping me from lifting it properly if i push it with my finger a bit like in the video.
It's a structural block for me it seems.
Also when i lift my tongue the floor of the mouth in front of the tongue is used.

I have never had any problems breastfeeding as a baby, speech problems except with rolling r in childhood and the only teeth problems i ever had is my wisdom teeth had to be removed. Not a mouth breather naturally.
It seems it's just a variation in the tissues of the mouth instead of an actual disability. Mewing is my natural tongue posture.
You can use two fingers on either side of the frenulum for the same effect, the same doctor did it in another video. And you are grade 3 compensating grade 1 from the sound of things.

• Woah
can you do this?

I don’t know if I got it right but I can touch it like she does and if I put my hand it creates the dimple but the tounge doesn’t touch the ceiling in that position

Not sure if I got what it means right tho

I don’t know if I got it right but I can touch it like she does and if I put my hand it creates the dimple but the tounge doesn’t touch the ceiling in that position

Not sure if I got what it means right tho
lower grade compensating higher grade. you maybe grade 4/3 compensating to a grade 2.
If I have to be totally honest, I don't expect anyone to fall under grade 1 unless they are 6.5+ PSL, I could be wrong though...

• +1
Pretty sure they can fix this around birth

Pretty sure they can fix this around birth
It is rarely done at birth, even though it should be. But you can also remove it as an adult. I will be going to this doctor.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Thoughts on this?

tongue grade.jpeg

The doctors who documented patients said that only 19% people had a fully functional i.e. grade1 tongue. Rest were tending towards <60%TRMR. I think it is obvious that someone with a grade 1 tongue will actually see mewing results over time, while those below 60% will barely see anything. Could this also be co-related to the 80/20 attractiveness rule?

Someone with a grade 1 tongue will have a maxillary height of 80-100 units from the floor of the mouth
grade 3 will be <50
grade 4 will be <25

Since we know that transverse maxillary width and outward projection are directly proportional to attraction, we can expect most grade 1 people to be in chad territory with a few outliers from grade 2 who have roughly >70 TRMR. This bracket will be 19%(grade 1 only) + 2-3% of grade 2.

Truecels may fall below 40, making up for the lower end of grade 3 and entire grade 4.

Be among:
2. Even among those, you additionally need to have practised proper oral posture and chewed on hard foods.
Only then are you attractive to females. Is this idea going somewhere? Maybe the missing link to why everyone can't see results from mewing? Will performing the release surgery followed by mewing bring the maxilla noticeably forward?

I am particularly interested in the answers of truecels and palatecels in the poll.

@Enlil
@7 rings
@karbo
there is no GRADE 1 for your ossificated palate sutures

It is rarely done at birth, even though it should be. But you can also remove it as an adult. I will be going to this doctor.
If it occurs at my babies I'll cut that shit off myself with a rusty razor blade 😝

lower grade compensating higher grade. you maybe grade 4/3 compensating to a grade 2.
If I have to be totally honest, I don't expect anyone to fall under grade 1 unless they are 6.5+ PSL, I could be wrong though...
I don't see how I'm a grade 4/3 when my tongue can easily touch the palate. Didn't quite got the point of video so I don't know if it was a good judgement for me but yeah could be I guess.

I haven't got rated here but people consider me goodlooking, I get compliments from both guys and girls on my looks, most of the time I get laid thanks to my face from tinder with average height

Mine looks grade 1

eww that is so gross. grade 2 i guess

maybe this can explain why some people cant breath when they mewing?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400 and Deleted member 1973
amazing bro. legit

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc
I heard cutting your toungue tie will drop your hyoid bone since there’s no more tension

• WTF
  • Hmm...
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, FatJattMofo and diggbicc
I heard cutting your toungue tie will drop your hyoid bone since there’s no more tension
WHERE DAFUQ DID YOU HEAR THAT SHIT??? BRO SCIENCE AFFFF...
Here is the real deal, see this picture. The surgeon will only snip excessive genioglossus muscle fibres. Hyoid bone is connected to the Hyoglossus, it isn't even touched so no drop in hyoid will occur.What it will do is free up the tongue to move upward and forward.. ONLY IF YOU TRAIN YOUR TONGUE THO... This means the hyoglossus will pull the Hyoid bone upwards and keep it at a higher position.

Screen Shot 2019 11 22 at 233136

Srs, lotta ignorance and bro sciene is flying in the air like turds. But I hope you understand.

• +1
Reactions: 6’1Chink, Administrator, CopeAndRope and 1 other person
grade 1 but my maxilla is nothing special
maybe this can explain why some people cant breath when they mewing?
people who cant breathe while mewing either have a very recessed maxilla, a lizard tongue, are doing it wrong, or have a narrow palate.

a few months ago I couldnt breathe while mewing, now I can.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and the next o'pry
Grade 2legit son

• Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot
Wtf just tried easily grade 1 also starting to think mewing is kinda a meme. Do you think chico is mewing? Its mostly genetics and hormones anyway

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Wtf just tried easily grade 1 also starting to think mewing is kinda a meme. Do you think chico is mewing? Its mostly genetics and hormones anyway
mewing is the natural tongue posture, chico might be mewing but he doesn't even know that he is

• +1
Reactions: 6’1Chink
grade 2 but you supposed to have moluht closed abnd molars touching lightly with mewing so it doesnt really affect me.

grade 2 but you supposed to have moluht closed abnd molars touching lightly with mewing so it doesnt really affect me.
even grade 4 can put the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth when it is closed boyo. What matters is how constantly and intensely you can keep the posterior third of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Due to simple mechanical constraints it is obvious that only a grade1 or a high grade 2(>70% TRMR) Can effectively mew.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 6’1Chink, Deleted member 1973 and Titbot
even grade 4 can put the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth when it is closed boyo. What matters is how constantly and intensely you can keep the posterior third of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Due to simple mechanical constraints it is obvious that only a grade1 or a high grade 2(>70% TRMR) Can effectively mew.
okay but serious tongue ties can be corrected through surgical cut of tongue tie right?

I think I actually might have it wtf. Why does that even happen?

Thoughts on this?

tongue grade.jpeg

grade 3 will be <50
grade 4 will be <25

Be among:

@Enlil
@7 rings
@karbo

I have grade 3
I mouthbreathed for life
My smile shows only 6teeths

Fuck.

• So Sad
your tongue is supposed to be suctioned to the palate even when you're opening your mouth. i would say if you're below grade 2, it means the damage is already done. if someone is still a child, they would do this exercise to break the tie eventually:

• +1
Dafuq is it with these fake ass grade 1's in the poll? Literally in a random sample of patients only 19% were grade 1 smh. Jfl at this site.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and Deleted member 1973
Interesting new thoughts. I have grade 1 if measured correctly. I can almost fully stretch open my jaw and touch my tongue to my palate.

To be chad, it seems you need to have the perfect phenotype and height alongside with it.
Thoughts on this?

tongue grade.jpeg

grade 3 will be <50
grade 4 will be <25

Be among:

@Enlil
@7 rings
@karbo
Have Grade 3 and I am an Incel
This website is full of Fakecels if most people fall under Grade 1 - 2, jfl.

Last edited:
To be chad, it seems you need to have the perfect phenotype and height alongside with it.

Have Grade 3 and I am an Incel
This website is full of Fakecels if most people fall under Grade 1 - 2, jfl.
they are measuring wrong,even I thought I was grade 1 or 2. A visit to a doctor confirmed that I am between 3 and 4 jfl

• +1
they are measuring wrong,even I thought I was grade 1 or 2. A visit to a doctor confirmed that I am between 3 and 4 jfl
Does having that thing attached under your tongue guarentee you're a grade 3-4? I have it.

Can a grade 3-4 impersonate a grade 1-2?