Factors influencing craniofacial growth

D

Deleted member 12472

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎creator of shit threads
  • Androgens during puberty – is this purely genetic, to what degree does environment affect this? Any potential for resistance training to influence facial growth by improving androgen concentration during puberty?
  • Proper oral habits – I believe improper oral habits can lead to malocclusion
  • Genetics
@RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

What's the % of significance of these? I think my class II malocclusion and recessed chin was partially caused by genetics and partially poor bite habits before puberty and could be mouthbreathing to some extent.

Can chewing rectify it to a small extent at age 17 up? Also till what age does the face continue to remodel, any hopes for brow ridge growth after this point?

• +1
Reactions: ellisadrian, AscendingHero, Deleted member 6695 and 1 other person
4. Nootrients
1f072dbfc8fac96fc11d48259894acf227a50d518caad1659ddd4f7a04500c3f.png

• JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6695, antiantifa and 3 others
i think proper orals habits is a cop out for bad genetics - especially tongue tie. Not a singe person with a narrow palate doesn't have a tongue tie, the cause of which is to overproduction of neural crest cells in the womb

i think proper orals habits is a cop out for bad genetics - especially tongue tie. Not a singe person with a narrow palate doesn't have a tongue tie, the cause of which is to overproduction of neural crest cells in the womb
my dad and grandpa and uncles have insane jaw structures and good brow ridge. Mine is non existent although I have a decent glabella and I seem to have inherited my mother's recessed chin and I had bad oral habits prior to puberty so in my case I could attribute it to either genetics or environment leading to my underdeveloped mandible

Having a tongue tie though doesn't stop proper development though in some cases

my dad and grandpa and uncles have insane jaw structures and good brow ridge. Mine is non existent although I have a decent glabella and I seem to have inherited my mother's recessed chin and I had bad oral habits prior to puberty so in my case I could attribute it to either genetics or environment leading to my underdeveloped mandible
recession isn't genetic

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 12472
Having a tongue tie though doesn't stop proper development though in some cases
who gives a shit about tongue tie talk about my recessed chin brother I want to know if I'm genetically inferior or environmentally ruined

who gives a shit about tongue tie talk about my recessed chin brother I want to know if I'm genetically inferior or environmentally ruined
I do because I have one but I have one but my jaw and maxilla are good lol. Why don't you post pics for us?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12472
androgens during puberty will also depend on food, you can make someone with average t in womb look like a sissy fag in a few years if they are a vegan adept

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12472
if you have correct development you will always have correct occlusion unless you have a genetic mutation which is quite rare

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, hairyballscel, Deleted member 6695 and 3 others
prenatal Test levels. Thyroid function of mother prenatally.
Thyroid levels of the male.

age of mother. 19-25 is ideal.