Factors that affect height

currylightskin

currylightskin

Yakhiiiiiiii 😹😹😹😹🤙🤙🤙🤙💦
Minimise Oestrogen (The big one)
  • Oestrogen is the hormone that closes growth plates. The spiking of oestrogen levels in the body is what fuses growth plates during puberty. It also partly explains why women have a shorter growth period during puberty than men.
  • In men, oestrogen is primarily created by it being aromatised (converted) from testosterone via the aromatase enzyme. Therefore, higher testosterone = higher oestrogen naturally.
  • Anabolic steroids stunt growth because this massively increased testosterone means a huge increase in oestrogen also, leading to faster closing of growth plates. So YES, being shorter is debatably more masculine, as more testosterone is likely to make you shorter, not taller.
  • Teenagers who have been castrated or have any genetic defect that leads to low testosterone or low oestrogen often grow to be very tall, lanky and with large wingspans (see first video below for more). Example : Dev from our forum
  • Body fat has a significant amount of aromatase enzyme, and so higher body fat levels often corresponds to higher oestrogen levels. Takeaway? Don't be overweight during puberty and ideally get lean.
  • Caloric deficits (dieting) aren't ideal though as that would work against the following points...
Maximise mTOR
  • mTOR is your body's primary signalling for entering a state of anabolism i.e. growth.
  • mTOR signalling also ages you faster, this explains why minimising it through caloric restriction, fasting and lower protein intake is a good thing for longevity. If you want muscle and height, do the opposite, stimulate mTOR (but don't get fat).
  • Protein is the primary molecule that turns on mTOR, consume as much as possible around the clock.
  • Contrary to popular belief, protein spikes insulin as much as carbohydrate, so insulin and IGF-1 will be circulating this way, stimulating mTOR through these additional pathways.
  • Don't eat in a caloric deficit, but also avoid fat gain (minimising oestrogen).
Maximise hGH and IGF-1
  • Everyone talks about hGH and understands its significant role in height growth, but never it's close brother IGF-1.
  • hGH secretion is many times higher when sleeping, so ensure you get enough sleep.
  • Studies on hGH therapy show increases of end height between only 3-7cm on average, so it is not the holy grail if you aren't hGH deficient already and haven't been on it since pre-puberty. Genetics remains supreme.
  • Studies that investigate the combined use of hGH AND IGF-1 intervention show increased growth, but again still only in that 2-7cm ballpark.
Myths and Misc.
  • Most people are finished growing by the time they are 16/17. It is very unlikely your growth plates are still open past the age of 18.
  • People growing into their 20's are extremely rare and likely had severely delayed puberty or health complication. Many people like myself even stopped by 15.
  • Protein is more important than vegetables for growth but don't be micronutrient deficient.
  • Lifting weights does not stunt or maximise height growth. Both testosterone and hGH increases are transient (too temporary) and too small to make any actual difference.
  • Stretching does not stretch bones, this is why stretching can't make you taller. If you have such bad posture that you hunch over, then of course you'll be taller when you fix that, but you didn't actually grow.
  • Malnourishment can stunt growth yes, but permanent stunting is only likely to occur if you are truly chronically malnourished i.e. so emaciated that several ribs show from the back or chronic micronutrient deficiency where other negative health effects are present.
  • Growth following growth plate closure is next to impossible.
What would I do during puberty in an ideal world?
  1. Get lean, avoid dieting once lean.
  2. Eat as much protein around the clock as possible.
  3. Avoid undersleeping.
  4. hGH is only prescribed if you are either deficient, growing unnaturally slowly and predicted to not reach near-parental height ("target height" i.e. genetic potential). None of these apply to me and most of you.
Videos for more information (most teens won't read studies but they're easy to find):

Oestrogen & Puberty on Height:

Oestrogen, Protein, Obesity & mTOR on Height:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Iblamejordan, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, incel194012940 and 11 others
animal source protein stimulates mTOR more so than from other sources, thus, ideal to consume during puberty and/or are actively trying to gain muscle, but also, perhaps, it is better to cut it to lower amounts after you are done growing (21-25 or so) as mTOR spikes are also a contributing factor to aging (less mTOR activation = age slower, also this is why fasting "reverses" aging)

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin and ChristianChad
animal source protein stimulates mTOR more so than from other sources, thus, ideal to consume during puberty and/or are actively trying to gain muscle, but also, perhaps, it is better to cut it to lower amounts after you are done growing (21-25 or so) as mTOR spikes are also a contributing factor to aging (less mTOR activation = age slower, also this is why fasting "reverses" aging)
It seems also too much Iron becomes a factor after stopping growth, and will worsen aging etc.
At puberty I wouldn't worry about it though.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
Minimise Oestrogen (The big one)
  • Oestrogen is the hormone that closes growth plates. The spiking of oestrogen levels in the body is what fuses growth plates during puberty. It also partly explains why women have a shorter growth period during puberty than men.
  • In men, oestrogen is primarily created by it being aromatised (converted) from testosterone via the aromatase enzyme. Therefore, higher testosterone = higher oestrogen naturally.
  • Anabolic steroids stunt growth because this massively increased testosterone means a huge increase in oestrogen also, leading to faster closing of growth plates. So YES, being shorter is debatably more masculine, as more testosterone is likely to make you shorter, not taller.
  • Teenagers who have been castrated or have any genetic defect that leads to low testosterone or low oestrogen often grow to be very tall, lanky and with large wingspans (see first video below for more). Example : Dev from our forum
  • Body fat has a significant amount of aromatase enzyme, and so higher body fat levels often corresponds to higher oestrogen levels. Takeaway? Don't be overweight during puberty and ideally get lean.
  • Caloric deficits (dieting) aren't ideal though as that would work against the following points...
Maximise mTOR
  • mTOR is your body's primary signalling for entering a state of anabolism i.e. growth.
  • mTOR signalling also ages you faster, this explains why minimising it through caloric restriction, fasting and lower protein intake is a good thing for longevity. If you want muscle and height, do the opposite, stimulate mTOR (but don't get fat).
  • Protein is the primary molecule that turns on mTOR, consume as much as possible around the clock.
  • Contrary to popular belief, protein spikes insulin as much as carbohydrate, so insulin and IGF-1 will be circulating this way, stimulating mTOR through these additional pathways.
  • Don't eat in a caloric deficit, but also avoid fat gain (minimising oestrogen).
Maximise hGH and IGF-1
  • Everyone talks about hGH and understands its significant role in height growth, but never it's close brother IGF-1.
  • hGH secretion is many times higher when sleeping, so ensure you get enough sleep.
  • Studies on hGH therapy show increases of end height between only 3-7cm on average, so it is not the holy grail if you aren't hGH deficient already and haven't been on it since pre-puberty. Genetics remains supreme.
  • Studies that investigate the combined use of hGH AND IGF-1 intervention show increased growth, but again still only in that 2-7cm ballpark.
Myths and Misc.
  • Most people are finished growing by the time they are 16/17. It is very unlikely your growth plates are still open past the age of 18.
  • People growing into their 20's are extremely rare and likely had severely delayed puberty or health complication. Many people like myself even stopped by 15.
  • Protein is more important than vegetables for growth but don't be micronutrient deficient.
  • Lifting weights does not stunt or maximise height growth. Both testosterone and hGH increases are transient (too temporary) and too small to make any actual difference.
  • Stretching does not stretch bones, this is why stretching can't make you taller. If you have such bad posture that you hunch over, then of course you'll be taller when you fix that, but you didn't actually grow.
  • Malnourishment can stunt growth yes, but permanent stunting is only likely to occur if you are truly chronically malnourished i.e. so emaciated that several ribs show from the back or chronic micronutrient deficiency where other negative health effects are present.
  • Growth following growth plate closure is next to impossible.
What would I do during puberty in an ideal world?
  1. Get lean, avoid dieting once lean.
  2. Eat as much protein around the clock as possible.
  3. Avoid undersleeping.
  4. hGH is only prescribed if you are either deficient, growing unnaturally slowly and predicted to not reach near-parental height ("target height" i.e. genetic potential). None of these apply to me and most of you.
Videos for more information (most teens won't read studies but they're easy to find):

Oestrogen & Puberty on Height:

Oestrogen, Protein, Obesity & mTOR on Height:

Keep this in mind aswell maybe https://looksmax.org/threads/solution-to-height-high-iq-only-smartcels-gtfih-rn.226753/

Too much muscle may constrict bone growth. I would still stretch muscles at the start and end of the day.

• +1
Reactions: HeightOrDie and currylightskin
It’s genetics
There malnourished kids in the hood that eat top ramen and hot Cheetos daily and they’re 6’ or over

• +1
Reactions: Ahmat31, Gandy, PeakMaleHeight and 3 others
What about precocious puberty ? Yakhi

• +1
It’s genetics
There malnourished kids in the hood that eat top ramen and hot Cheetos daily and they’re 6’ or over
They probably have low Estradiol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and currylightskin
  • +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
and kleinefelters @2000

• JFL
early puberty happens because of higher testosterone levels meaning low final height
Negative IQ retard, so as per you Maher is a low T soy model? -.
Large 1632996323 65af1aa8e6f16564429c3280888830e5 1

@currylightskin Stretching can increase height because of cartilaganeous syntheis and spinal disc thickening in spine.

That's why some people who did sleep stretching saw 2-3 inches at the age of 23+,there's a telegram group for that,if any1 reading this wnats to get in that group just let me know ur telegram username so i can add u,also the mods are deciding to clsoe the group because of high amount of numbers ,so do it soon

• +1
@currylightskin Stretching can increase height because of cartilaganeous syntheis and spinal disc thickening in spine.

That's why some people who did sleep stretching saw 2-3 inches at the age of 23+,there's a telegram group for that,if any1 reading this wnats to get in that group just let me know ur telegram username so i can add u,also the mods are deciding to clsoe the group because of high amount of numbers ,so do it soon
:y'all: please add
my username: @Sfortesque

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and currylightskin

add me
user is omegaalpha456

• Hmm...