Father will not allow me mandibular advancement

wagbox

wagbox

Creator of the bluepill
He mocks me and says I will never have my "perfect trophy wife" if I don't get it and claims that looks are superficial

We both spoke with the orthodontist and my father claims that the ortho only says that my recessed mandible will lead to breathing problems later in life because he is making money off of the surgery. (Although he isn't doing the surgery himself, because he is an ortho, and not a maxiofacial surgeon.)

He also tells me I am a very good looking young man and wants me to go to therapy instead of getting the surgery because once I go to college, I will finally meet women who appreciate me for my intelligence and talent rather than superficial ones who only date for looks.

I have attached my side xray.

IMG 5498

It seems like he has bred an incel and left him to rot without concern. This is disheartening and will prevent me from looksmaxxing any further. How can I make him understand?

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Chadelite, curryslayerordeath, PubertyMaxxer and 9 others
pretend you almost died from suffocating at night

fake sleep apnea

your maxilla could use some advancement too

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 2227, PubertyMaxxer and 4 others
pretend you almost died from suffocating at night

fake sleep apnea
I can't. He has already allegedly walked in on me sleeping on my back. This is impossible because I cannot lay on my back with any comfort at all. If I was sleeping on my back I was almost certainly mouthbreathing, because my airway'd be incredibly restricted. I cannot recall a time I slept on my back in the past two years, which is when a lot of my facial development took place. I currently find it impossible to even fall asleep on my back. He sees this as a purely cosmetic surgery, something he is extremely against, being of a different era.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Hepatologyscribe, DianabolDownie and 2 others
what kind of pretentious ass motherfucker says "father"

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Chadelite, EverythingMaxxer, suddenurge and 8 others
Tell him about tinder, tiktok etc and how over it is for sub8 men in 2025. I told my father that it's over but he just told me to "man up and be a man". He's stuck in the 70's and he'll never understand anyways but at least I tried. Dab on the thots in 2020.

You might need a rhino judging from this pic btw.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430, Chadelite, Hector and 5 others
your maxilla could use some advancement too
I agree. The plan that was laid out by my orthodontist and I was that we'd try a facemask for some months and if that didn't work we would LF1. But who knows if any of that can proceed now
Tell him about tinder, tiktok etc and how over it is for sub8 men in 2025. I told my father that it's over but he just told me to "man up and be a man". He's stuck in the 70's and he'll never understand anyways but at least I tried. Dab on the thots in 2020.

You might need a rhino judging from this pic btw.
I already tried, believe me mate. And as for your last part, yes, that is true, I am aware of my nose being fucked, but any sort of maxilla surgery/advancement would need to take place prior to any sort of rhino because that can drastically alter the shape of the nose.

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and Deleted member 4310
He mocks me and says I will never have my "perfect trophy wife" if I don't get it and claims that looks are superficial

We both spoke with the orthodontist and my father claims that the ortho only says that my recessed mandible will lead to breathing problems later in life because he is making money off of the surgery. (Although he isn't doing the surgery himself, because he is an ortho, and not a maxiofacial surgeon.)

He also tells me I am a very good looking young man and wants me to go to therapy instead of getting the surgery because once I go to college, I will finally meet women who appreciate me for my intelligence and talent rather than superficial ones who only date for looks.

I have attached my side xray.

View attachment 282770

It seems like he has bred an incel and left him to rot without concern. This is disheartening and will prevent me from looksmaxxing any further. How can I make him understand?
Fuark idk tbh fake depression and maybe he’ll budge

No, he has already threatened to take me to a mental hospital and that would just seal the deal
Tell him you earned this and how you worked so hard in school for him and he can’t return the favor just one time

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL
Damn, that's one deep bite

• +1
Reactions: wagbox
Tell him you earned this and how you worked so hard in school for him and he can’t return the favor just one time
No. They think I worked hard in school for myself. I've been getting straight A's since 2nd grade when report cards were introduced just to make them happy. As if a fucking seven year old cares about grades
Damn, that's one deep bite
Wtf really? My dad said it isn't even that bad!

• So Sad
Reactions: Luke LLL and ( ( ( d[-_-]b ) ) )
Tell him you’ll kill him if he doesn’t get you the surgery

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel and Luke LLL
what kind of pretentious ass motherfucker says "father"
idk when talking to strangers saying "dad" just kinda feels odd

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Luke LLL
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and DianabolDownie
i think your dad is just too broke to pay for your surgeries

Last edited:
But in all seriousness, tell your parents that you have been insecure about your looks since you were a kid and that you have to do what you can to improve it in order to move on with your life and be confident. I'm facing a similar situation even though i'm an adult, i'm 100% sure my mom will scream at me and cry if I get surgeries. I'm still trying to figure out what i'm gonna say and it breaks my heart knowing that she'll be upset but I simply have to do it to live a normal life. She knows that I have been insecure about my looks because I came home crying in middle school because people teased me for my looks so I hope she'll understand on some level.

Just look at Elon Musk, he has looksmaxed hard with surgeries even though his profession has very little to do with looks. Everybody wants to look good.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer, Deleted member 5104, EthnicelAscension and 5 others
Am I the only one with a dad that cares about aesthetics and doesnt peddle the personality crap?

• Woah
Reactions: chadpreetinthemaking, Deleted member 2227, Luke LLL and 1 other person
But in all seriousness, tell your parents that you have been insecure about your looks since you were a kid and that you have to do what you can to improve it in order to move on with your life and be confident. I'm facing a similar situation even though i'm an adult, i'm 100% sure my mom will scream at me and cry if I get surgeries. I'm still trying to figure out what i'm gonna say and it breaks my heart knowing that she'll be upset but I simply have to do it to live a normal life. She knows that I have been insecure about my looks because I came home crying in middle school because people teased me for my looks so I hope she'll understand on some level.

Just look at Elon Musk, he has looksmaxed hard with surgeries even though his profession has very little to do with looks. Everybody wants to look good.
In the end, since I'm 18, I just need to convince insurance that I need it.

So now the thread has become

How the fuck do I convince my insurance to give me maxiofacial surgery?

I already have a referral from the ortho. What should I expect to be pressed regarding?

Am I the only one with a dad that cares about aesthetics and doesnt peddle the personality crap?
Yeah, god bless you mate. Fucking lucky bastard

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Luke LLL and Blackout.xl

He only had hair transplant no?

I already have a referral from the ortho. What should I expect to be pressed regarding?

Yeah, god bless you mate. Fucking lucky bastard
Lmao he didn’t teach me to do anything and thinks I’m a disappointment. Is in the hospital rn and may die and take that thought to the grave. It’s over

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4310 and wagbox
OP how old are you? When and What do you plan on doing for school? When did you plan on getting bimax?
Surprising coming from a brother tbh (no hate killa)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Blackout.xl and forwardgrowth
Tell him the importance of looks in career

• +1
Lmao he didn’t teach me to do anything and thinks I’m a disappointment. Is in the hospital rn and may die and take that thought to the grave. It’s over
I'm sorry to hear that man.

• So Sad
Reactions: Blackout.xl
OP how old are you? When and What do you plan on doing for school? When did you plan on getting bimax?

Surprising coming from a brother tbh (no hate killa)
18, going to college in some months, already got accepted for engineering. I planned on getting bimax about a year and a half into my entire MSE/braces treatment, which is hopefully beginning soon (?)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310 and Blackout.xl
I'm sorry to hear that man.
A sledgehammer will be taken to what’s left of my mental health soon tbh

ascend brother. Tell ur dad that you need this surgery. Your recession isn’t healthy and will cause you problems

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe, Deleted member 4310 and wagbox
One lifefuel to take away from this was that I was taller than the max setting on the xray machine and they had to pull up a chair. Amazing.

Edit: Still solves nothing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Luke LLL, Administrator and Blackout.xl
Just save up working a weekend job and go to india or third world surgeon for $5000 bimax (Or $2500 BSSO). You can easily make that working weekends for minimum wage for a year or less. The plane ticket round trip is like $850. Hotel $500 (1 or 2 paycheck)

That's what I'm doing.

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL, wagbox and Blackout.xl
Just save up working a weekend job and go to india or third world surgeon for $5000 bimax (Or $2500 BSSO). You can easily make that working weekends for minimum wage for a year or less. The plane ticket round trip is like $850. Hotel $500 (1 or 2 paycheck)

That's what I'm doing.
King

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe

We'll i'm trying to get a free rhino paid by the government, you can go to a therapist and cry about your looks and how it affects your Life. If you convince them that you can't work and stuff you can legit get free cosmetic surgery. I figured that a nosejob is a "normie surgery" and that normies can understand how bad it is to have a deformed nose. My nose is bulbous and i'll just cry about how I look like a troll and make a big deal about it. My friend told me that his uncle got free surgery this way. I don't know how lenient they are where you live but make a big deal about how it's affecting your professional life.

• +1
One lifefuel to take away from this was that I was taller than the max setting on the xray machine and they had to pull up a chair. Amazing.

Edit: Still solves nothing
Lol, you remind me of myself. As for getting insurance coverage, if you have proof of malocclusion that should be enough. Misaligned jaws is a guaranteed recipe for health problems that will only get worse over time. I had a very slight underbite but got full insurance coverage for double jaw surgery. I had it done when I was 19. My dad was so similar to yours and honestly my mom was much more supportive. My mom is naturally a much more intelligent, empathetic and understanding person while my dad is kind of a delusional bluepilled retard.

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe and wagbox
Maxilla doesn't look that bad, I would worry more about your hook nose.

We'll i'm trying to get a free rhino paid by the government, you can go to a therapist and cry about your looks and how it affects your Life. If you convince them that you can't work and stuff you can legit get free cosmetic surgery. I figured that a nosejob is a "normie surgery" and that normies can understand how bad it is to have a deformed nose. My nose is bulbous and i'll just cry about how I look like a troll and make a big deal about it. My friend told me that his uncle got free surgery this way. I don't know how lenient they are where you live but make a big deal about how it's affecting your professional life.

Won't work in america.

Bernie Sanders wins the presidency

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
Actually nvm it's kinda bad

Maxilla doesn't look that bad, I would worry more about your hook nose.
Yeah, that's what my orthodontist said as well. It does concern me, believe me. Jesus christ. It is by far the worst part of me, but I have to fix my jaw(s) before I do anything.
Actually nvm it's kinda bad
Well

• +1
Oh you were talking about your mandible, lol.

Lol, you remind me of myself. As for getting insurance coverage, if you have proof of malocclusion that should be enough. Misaligned jaws is a guaranteed recipe for health problems that will only get worse over time. I had a very slight underbite but got full insurance coverage for double jaw surgery. I had it done when I was 19. My dad was so similar to yours and honestly my mom was much more supportive. My mom is naturally a much more intelligent, empathetic and understanding person while my dad is kind of a delusional bluepilled retard.
Lifefuel right here. The ortho office said I could just give them a call and they'd shoot over any x-rays, scans, or pics necessary
Oh you were talking about your mandible, lol.
In the title innit

• +1
Reactions: highT
Also he said moving my jaw forward 7mm wouldn't ascend me

• WTF
This is child abuse tbh.
Not getting your child a necessary surgery for them to live a happy healthy life.

You better hope Bernie wins, this shit would be free or cheap and in any other first world country.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 4310, Hepatologyscribe and 1 other person
Also he said moving my jaw forward 7mm wouldn't ascend me

PLease tell us more about why. Wouldn't it make you look atleast subtly better?

• Hmm...
PLease tell us more about why. Wouldn't it make you look atleast subtly better?
No it fucking would and he is coping

Also he has a literally perfect bite, mandible, and maxilla jfl

• +1
He as in dad or the professional?
My dad. The ortho, who would only possibly make money off of the referral, and I haven't even confirmed that yet, said it would ascend me quite handsomely.

• +1
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
My dad. The ortho, who would only possibly make money off of the referral, and I haven't even confirmed that yet, said it would ascend me quite handsomely.

They don't make money off referrals

Referrals are just 2-way streets so its just a small part of a back and forth good professional local relationship

• +1
Your mandible ain’t the problem son, it’s your nose
Srs