Final Finasteride thoughts

N3XT

N3XT

Steady Looksmaxxing
I will likely need to start a hair loss (androgenic alopecia) prevention regimen.
These are my conclusions and my understanding of finasteride after a few days of studying it.
The thread is intended to clarify the subject as a whole but also to see if I'm missing something.
Feel free to correct me if you see something wrong, or if you want to add useful information.

Finasteride:
  • Dihydrotestosterone = DHT
  • DHT is an androgen: a sex steroid and hormone.
  • DHT plays a major role in producing your male sex characteristics until adulthood.
  • DHT does not play a significant role in adults.
  • There are DHT receptors on most frontal/top hair follicles on the scalp.
  • High DHT causes hair miniaturization to the point of visual balding.
  • 5α-reductase is an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT.
  • Finasteride is a 5α-reductase inhibitor and suppresses the enzyme up to 70%.
  • Finasteride almost always successfully prevents further hair loss.
  • Finasteride cannot reverse hair loss (only very slightly), but rather prevent it.
  • Finasteride (or rather 5α-reductase inhibition) comes with certain risks for only <2% of its users.
  • Main side effects are decreased libido, erection issues, gynecomastia, and depression.
  • Any other side effect is either unimportant or way too uncommon.
  • Potentially lower chance of side effects (or less harsh) by using topical finasteride.
  • Goal of topical finasteride is to reduce systemic effects and only inhibit 5α-reductase on the scalp.
  • This means it reduces scalp DHT concentrations rather than serum DHT (present in the blood).
As a conclusion, I believe Finasteride will be what I'll go for but only after getting a blood test and check if everything is alright (estrogen, and other bullshit). The only reason I would stop using it would be a depression side effect.

Notes:
- To my understanding, you can always stop finasteride use if you get side effects.
- Some people have reported something called PFS (post finasteride syndrome) which means the persistence of side effects after discontinuing finasteride use. I personally believe this is mostly anecdotal and/or simply psychological for most people, but I'll have to research much more on this.

Alternatives & options:
- Dutasteride, is basically a stronger version of Finasteride. Not going to bother at least for now.
- RU58841 not enough studies done on this one so again, I'm not even going to bother.

More DHT-related stuff:
- Ketoconazole shampoo fights the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
- Caffeine shampoo slightly reverses the effects of DHT.

More stuff, which is only cosmetic but can help:
- Minoxidil 5% topical
- Dermarolling or Microneedling 1.5mm
- Castor oil
- MK-677
In shampoo as well: Taurine, Cysteine, Biotin, Ornithine, Amodimethicone, Rooibos tea,
Ginseng, Pocyanidin B2, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, MSM, Tricopper peptides.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gggg3333, Cidre enjoyer, ChristianChad and 2 others
I'm diffuse thinning NW4 it's over for me.

@Baldingman1998

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Richard_Hungwell and N3XT
I'm diffuse thinning NW4 it's over for me.

Hair transplant, and then use a mix of some of the above to keep & improve what you currently have.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 16058
Hair transplant, and then use a mix of some of the above to keep & improve what you currently have.
can't get hair transplants with diffuse thinning :( hair system is the only way

• Woah
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell

It's a wrap, over for me.

God cursed me with being a hairy ape with a hairy ass and buttcrack.

Only good thing DHT gave me is deep voice and thick cock.

• +1
Reactions: FootLongDong and Richard_Hungwell
hair system or say bye bye to prime women appeal :feelswhy:

I live in a fucking warzone what fucking hair system i can get?!!

Maybe if i kill someone and take their scalp :oops::oops::oops:

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20056, Deleted member 13332 and twilight
can't get hair transplants with diffuse thinning :( hair system is the only way

I'm sure a mix of the components in the thread can make it look human

• +1
Reactions: twilight and Corleone
its definitrly more than 2%. out if 100 people get that would be 2. alone on this forum i know of 10-20 guys who suffer from sides and only a handful who say they have no sides and even they often later admit to having slightly less erection quality or they only take it for 2 weeks

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Elvisandreaa, Kroker and 1 other person
ask yourself y people from 50 years ago rarely balded in their 40s but now there are 15 yr olds who are NW2.5

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 20056 and Richard_Hungwell
ask yourself y people from 50 years ago rarely balded in their 40s but now there are 15 yr olds who are NW2.5
what source says people from 50 years ago rarely balded? there are ancient greek statues of bald men lol. advances in technology and the internet have just made it easier to see the extremes, for example the 15 y/o who’s nw2

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, SteveRogers, Richard_Hungwell and 1 other person
what source says people from 50 years ago rarely balded? there are ancient greek statues of bald men lol. advances in technology and the internet have just made it easier to see the extremes, for example the 15 y/o who’s nw2
brother, i asked my grandmother if she ever saw young bald people in the 1970s, she said no, it was rare. now most 30 year olds are balding.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17918
brother, i asked my grandmother if she ever saw young bald people in the 1970s, she said no, it was rare. now most 30 year olds are balding.
wow bro your 80 year old grandmother with dementia doesn’t remember some random shit like the amount of young men balding

breaking news grandma proves lookism theory
about balding men :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AverageTevvezFan, to_stop_da_cope, Elvisandreaa and 6 others
alone on this forum i know of 10-20 guys who suffer from sides

People without sides are a much less likely to report NOT having sides, it's common sense.

It can be many things from nutrition, cosmetic products (shampoos, etc. as well), less exercise, more stress, air pollution to water quality, etc... Despite all of these, there's not much of a choice once you're already in that situation.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Richard_Hungwell and Corleone
People without sides are a much less likely to report NOT having sides, it's common sense.

It can be many things from nutrition, cosmetic products (shampoos, etc. as well), less exercise, more stress, air pollution to water quality, etc... Despite all of these, there's not much of a choice once you're already in that situation.
not on this site. if i claim many people have sides, the majority of people who dont have sides and read my comment would say they have non.

not on this site. if i claim many people have sides, the majority of people who dont have sides and read my comment would say they have non.

Not only do I disagree with this, I also think people who don't have sides will go out of their way to lie and say they have sides (I've seen it happen). Dark triad stuff.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, buflek and Richard_Hungwell
I live in a fucking warzone what fucking hair system i can get?!!

Maybe if i kill someone and take their scalp :oops::oops::oops:
Where are U from? From brazil?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16058
Sorry broski, ukraineians are great people, fuck Putin tbh. He is little midget anyway. Do U Need to stay in Ukraine?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16058
Sorry broski, ukraineians are great people, fuck Putin tbh. He is little midget anyway. Do U Need to stay in Ukraine?

Manlet Zelensky prohibits males aged 18-60 from leaving the country ( rich can just leave the country no problems if they have connections and money )...

Even if one million men will serve in the military, MILLIONs of others wont, and they can't just LDAR because they need money to get by...

I fucking hate that faggot Zelensky he was laughing and downplaying the warnings of incoming invasion, no trench systems were built in the anticipation of Russian attack on Kyiv, nothing was done because MUH investors scared,

And now that fucking jew tells people can't leave because muh Fatherland defend.

Instead of investing into the military that faggot decided to build FUCKING roads ( easier to steal money, for example government picks a loyal company to build a stadium, real price of the stadium for example 10 millionn USD, yet they say 15 so they get 5 mil).

I FUCKING HATE the western media and portrayal of MUH brave ukrainians and they also put our flag next to LGBT faggots.

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope, Elvisandreaa, SteveRogers and 2 others

I fucking hope russians kill that jewish pig Zelensky.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 17918, ItsOverCel, Deleted member 13588 and 2 others
Finasteride is great drug to be honest. 90% of guys won't get any sides, few percent will get some minor sides which are reversible with discontinuation of taking this drug and then some unlucky guys will get persistent sides like gyno or dry eye syndrome.

I disagree. DHT is the GOAT androgen

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 17918
Finasteride is great drug to be honest. 90% of guys won't get any sides, few percent will get some minor sides which are reversible with discontinuation of taking this drug and then some unlucky guys will get persistent sides like gyno or dry eye syndrome.
bro i already have dry eyes should i take fin ? oral or topical if i should ?

I will likely need to start a hair loss (androgenic alopecia) prevention regimen.
These are my conclusions and my understanding of finasteride after a few days of studying it.
The thread is intended to clarify the subject as a whole but also to see if I'm missing something.
Feel free to correct me if you see something wrong, or if you want to add useful information.

Finasteride:
  • DHT plays a major role in producing your male sex characteristics until adulthood.
  • Finasteride cannot reverse hair loss (only very slightly), but rather prevent it.
  • Finasteride (or rather 5α-reductase inhibition) comes with certain risks for only <2% of its users.
  • Main side effects are decreased libido, erection issues, gynecomastia, and depression.
  • Potentially lower chance of side effects (or less harsh) by using topical finasteride.
  • Goal of topical finasteride is to reduce systemic effects and only inhibit 5α-reductase on the scalp.
  • This means it reduces scalp DHT concentrations rather than serum DHT (present in the blood).
As a conclusion, I believe Finasteride will be what I'll go for but only after getting a blood test and check if everything is alright (estrogen, and other bullshit). The only reason I would stop using it would be a depression side effect.

Notes:
- To my understanding, you can always stop finasteride use if you get side effects.
- Some people have reported something called PFS (post finasteride syndrome) which means the persistence of side effects after discontinuing finasteride use. I personally believe this is mostly anecdotal and/or simply psychological for most people, but I'll have to research much more on this.

Alternatives & options:
- Dutasteride, is basically a stronger version of Finasteride. Not going to bother at least for now.
- RU58841 not enough studies done on this one so again, I'm not even going to bother.

More DHT-related stuff:

- Minoxidil 5% topical
- Castor oil
- MK-677
In shampoo as well: Taurine, Cysteine, Biotin, Ornithine, Amodimethicone, Rooibos tea,
you shouldnt have read about it. shouldve just swallowed the pill and went on about your day. enjoy nocebo effect

Anecdotal, asked my 80 year old grandmother who is completely mentally lucid

She very rarely saw young (30 year olds) who were bald back in 1950s-1970s~ in the Soviet Union

Finasteride:

Notes:

Alternatives & options:

More DHT-related stuff:

- Minoxidil 5% topical
- Castor oil
- MK-677
I red that finasterid increases T so u can still lose hair on it. Also it only reduces dht on your head by 40% or so. So u need to combine it with an topical anti androgen

I red that finasterid increases T so u can still lose hair on it. Also it only reduces dht on your head by 40% or so. So u need to combine it with an topical anti androgen
T increase is less likely to cause hairloss, the main dish is DHT which is suppressed.

Most cases are good to go with fin alone let alone adding minox daily.

The topical approach is when you're sensitive to oral.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Virgin at 29 😔
T increase is less likely to cause hairloss, the main dish is DHT which is suppressed.

Most cases are good to go with fin alone let alone adding minox daily.

The topical approach is when you're sensitive to oral.
Yes but some guys are sensitive to T also. And fin just reduces dht by 40% so u bald from dht + increased T also. Maybe at the end u stay at the same balding level.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker
Yes but some guys are sensitive to T also. And fin just reduces dht by 40% so u bald from dht + increased T also. Maybe at the end u stay at the same balding level.
Are you on fin? Whats your NW scale?

• +1
Reactions: Virgin at 29 😔
Are you on fin? Whats your NW scale?
I was but stopped after 5 months now cuz i have ED. Idk if its from Fin or mental. Ordered ru now. Nw 1,5

• +1
Reactions: Kroker and buflek
I was but stopped after 5 months now cuz i have ED. Idk if its from Fin or mental. Ordered ru now. Nw 1,5
What was your dose? And yeah it's fin, don't delued yourself otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Elvisandreaa and ChristianChad
Its over. Fin made me attracted to femboys.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Schizoidcel and Kroker

Do you live alone or with parents? Cause its going to be hard to explain having it in your freezer.

Do you live alone or with parents? Cause its going to be hard to explain having it in your freezer.
Who gives a shit bro. If u live with parents u r probably too young to even need it

I get what you're trying to say but there's a misunderstanding your having about the way the test increase works in fin/dut.

All DHT is created from testosterone through a 5A reductase enzyme (The same enzyme that fin/dut blocks).

Any increase in T would almost be directly related to the amount of DHT that's reduced.

You're right some people are more sensitive to T, but DHT will always be more androgenic than test, So it's not really possible for someone to be worse off from taking fin/dut, maybe not much better either - but never worse off.

• +1
Reactions: Virgin at 29 😔
suck my dick
Putin defends Russian people and Ukrainians from a clown jew zelensky and nazis

Anecdotal, asked my 80 year old grandmother who is completely mentally lucid

She very rarely saw young (30 year olds) who were bald back in 1950s-1970s~ in the Soviet Union
I can definitely believe this. Hypothyroidism / chronically low metabolic rates are causing men to bald earlier than ever

In 1945, during the Minnesota starvation experiment, participants were fed 1800 calories- and they observed all kinds of intense symptoms. Today, many men don't eat much more than 1800 calories daily- people used to eat more and have higher metabolic rates in the day.

Seed oils and other crap have infected everybody's mitochondria.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1, ChristianChad and Elvisandreaa
Minox + fin mixed stuff from like hims.com? Anyone have thoughts on this? It’s a topical spray :feelswah: fuck Hypothyroidism and company.:feelsuhh:

I can definitely believe this. Hypothyroidism / chronically low metabolic rates are causing men to bald earlier than ever

In 1945, during the Minnesota starvation experiment, participants were fed 1800 calories- and they observed all kinds of intense symptoms. Today, many men don't eat much more than 1800 calories daily- people used to eat more and have higher metabolic rates in the day.

Seed oils and other crap have infected everybody's mitochondria.
What’s causing the increased rates of hypothyroidism? (I also have v D deficiency btw)