Finasteride or Dutasteride for thinning hair?

anyone

anyone

Quiet reader
I feel like my hair is slightly thinning. Its not that bad, but I dont want it to get worse so, do I take Finasteride or Dutasteride? And how much mg for no side effects? Also can I still take creatine when taking fin or dut?

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
I feel like my hair is slightly thinning. Its not that bad, but I dont want it to get worse so, do I take Finasteride or Dutasteride? And how much mg for no side effects? Also can I still take creatine when taking fin or dut?
Yes you could take creatine while taking Fin or dut. Start with Fin, in generał it has less sides effects compared to dut. If that isn't enough switch to dut. Every other day 0.5 mg is still pretty effective or try topical with 0.025% concentration (15mg per 60ml)

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and ConfusedBolivian
Yes you could take creatine while taking Fin or dut. Start with Fin, in generał it has less sides effects compared to dut. If that isn't enough switch to dut. Every other day 0.5 mg is still pretty effective or try topical with 0.025% concentration (15mg per 60ml)
ah alright. Would u even recommend fin for diffuse thinning? I think I got it from accutane back then.

• +1
dutasteride has shown superiority in a meta anaylisis comparing them for hair growth. im too lazy to go find them but haircafe and kwxk (youtube channels) both talk about the studies comparing the drugs efficacy at length.

They also had basically the same rate of side effects

• +1
Reactions: TruestTruecel and SubhumanCurrycel
Whatevers more accessible to you

• +1
Any of the two. But dut is superior

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and dantemaxxing
dutasteride has shown superiority in a meta anaylisis comparing them for hair growth. im too lazy to go find them but haircafe and kwxk (youtube channels) both talk about the studies comparing the drugs efficacy at length.

They also had basically the same rate of side effects
Is it even worth it to take fin or dut when having diffuse thinning that is from accutane I took 6 months ago?

My hairline is fine and hair quality aswell. It’s just that I can see my scalp when doing a middle part

The incident of side effects is same in both fin and dut

Finastride

• +1
BTW should I break my no shampoo streak w rosemary shampoo & oil? I’ve been using only argan oil

• JFL
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
ah alright. Would u even recommend fin for diffuse thinning? I think I got it from accutane back then.
Fin is especially good for diffuse thinning, better compared to receding temples because its higher chance of regrowth.

Fin is especially good for diffuse thinning, better compared to receding temples because its higher chance of regrowth.
how much mg and how many times a week

Fin reduces your DHT levels by 50-70% iirc, dut reduces them by 90%+. So dut would be more effective but may be overkill and will come with more sides as you'll have lower DHT levels than you would on fin. Personally I have gotten more than adequate results and never noticed sides from Finasteride, I have never used Duasteride.

Fin reduces your DHT levels by 50-70% iirc, dut reduces them by 90%+. So dut would be more effective but may be overkill and will come with more sides as you'll have lower DHT levels than you would on fin. Personally I have gotten more than adequate results and never noticed sides from Finasteride, I have never used Duasteride.
50-70% reduction on 5mgs per day of fin and 90%+ reduction on 0.5mgs per day of dut that is

• +1
Reactions: anyone
Will my hair be thicker and denser with finasteride? As I said im diffuse thinning. Or do I have to use fin w minoxidil and derma?

Will my hair be thicker and denser with finasteride? As I said im diffuse thinning. Or do I have to use fin w minoxidil and derma?
for some fin is enough

u need to try it out and see. of course adding minox and microneedling will speed up the process

• +1
Reactions: sub5c3l, anyone and PseudoMaxxer
for some fin is enough

u need to try it out and see. of course adding minox and microneedling will speed up the process
Ah ok. I thought fin just stops the hair loss and doesn’t regrow any hair

for some fin is enough

btw can i stop taking finasteride when i got the results that i wanted