Finasteride Poll

Would you take finasteride at 18?

• Total voters
GenericChad1444

GenericChad1444

Kraken
If you started losing hair at 18, at a quick rate, would you take finasteride?
Possible but unlikely sides are:

-Lower Libido
-Erection issues
-Loss of morning boners
-Depression
-Gyno/swelling in breasts
-Abnormal/watery semen

The issues listed above end to go away once you stop btw, although there is a tiny possibility that they may be permanent.

Yes. Although I don't think there are any studies on it, I suspect side effects occur mainly in men who have low T/some other hormonal imbalance.

If DHT is so important, why can people take dutasteride which NUKES DHT almost entirely and be fine on it.
Trade your hair for possible 0.5 inch in height / minor pubertal changes

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
Yes. Although I don't think there are any studies on it, I suspect side effects occur mainly in men who have low T/some other hormonal imbalance.

If DHT is so important, why can people take dutasteride which NUKES DHT almost entirely and be fine on it.

I agree. Checking testosterone levels before taking is ideal tbh.

@Goblin- This article gave a good reason why you should get more advanced blood tests rather than the regular ones at your doctor.

"You should get your baseline total testosterone, free testosterone, DHT, Estradiol and SHBG levels tested."

Testing your bloods should be done by "a high-pressure liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS)."

"It is a more sensitive and specific method when measuring Testosterone and Estradiol concentrations when compared to immunoassay, and the difference in test results between the two methods are night and day.

Direct ECLIA Vs. LC/MS-MS Blood Test Results
Direct ECLIA (local doctor tests) is stated to be “sufficiently sensitive and accurate” for screening for androgen dysfunctions in men.

I'll tell you right now, it's not.

If you aren't getting highly sensitive and specific testing done via LC/MS-MS, you will not get accurate blood test results.

I have proven this in my own blood work numerous times.

For example, the following test results are wildly different."

Roche ECLIA estradiol test resultSensitive Estradiol Test Result

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
being afraid of fin is cringe

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
alhamdulillah i dont have to