Finasteride Shed has begun (FINCELS GTFIH)

D

Deleted member 1862

I'm on day 62 of finasteride. Thought I'd been on longer but I just worked it out.

Today I legitimately lost like ~60 hairs in the shower jfl. My density's looking the same as before fin rn, maybe marginally worse. Hairline seems to have stayed intact.

What should I expect for the next couple of weeks? How brutal is the shed?

I've seen that (anecdotally) some people start getting gradual results from around month 3 so looking forward to that at least.

Stay strong mane.Also start minox.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Deleted member 685
jFL, I lose 45 hairs in the shower every day without fin shedding. Keep calm and be my lab rat till I can get my hands on this stuff myself.

• JFL
Reactions: Biiyo03 and Deleted member 1862
I'm on day 62 of finasteride. Thought I'd been on longer but I just worked it out.

Today I legitimately lost like ~60 hairs in the shower jfl. My density's looking the same as before fin rn, maybe marginally worse. Hairline seems to have stayed intact.

I've seen that (anecdotally) some people start getting gradual results from around month 3 so looking forward to that at least.
I experienced a super brutal shed because it occured in the same period when I was wearing the otoplasy bendage which did not let the scalp breath. luckily the hair has grown back stronger than before

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
Minoxidil is just a terrible drug
Anything you recommend chief? In the process of setting up redlight lamp since I can just have it on while I'm studying.
jFL, I lose 45 hairs in the shower every day without fin shedding. Keep calm and be my lab rat till I can get my hands on this stuff myself.
You're welcome br0

how long is ur hair

I experienced a super brutal shed because it occured in the same period when I was wearing the otoplasy bendage which did not let the scalp breath. luckily the hair has grown back stronger than before
surgery can sometimes cause TE as well I think

It's so hard to get a scalp biopsy here as well the GPs are shit. I have sneaking suspicions that there's more to it

how long is ur hair
Similar length to yours. Down to almost my chin at the front. It grows stupid fast too. Had it cut to pretty short curtains bout 2/3 months ago

For a lot of people, finasteride/dutasteride either doesn't cause a shed at all or just a slight one. I get a slight one every 6 months or so that lasts for 10ish days. You get heavier shedding from minoxidil (cause that is sort of the point - they fall out and grow out new stronger ones).

stay strong bro

• +1
Reactions: needsolution and Deleted member 2846
Similar length to yours. Down to almost my chin at the front. It grows stupid fast too. Had it cut to pretty short curtains bout 2/3 months ago
how’s ur texture? bc i lose hair in the shower too when i don’t wash my hair for a few days and do muay thai/ sweat a lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
Anything you recommend chief? In the process of setting up redlight lamp since I can just have it on while I'm studying.

You're welcome br0
Switch to Dutasteride if you think the fin isn't strong enough. But if you just need to cope through the shedding you could get some GHK-cu or Biotinyl-GHK cream/foam for the short term. But idk if it's a "shedding phase" if you're 62 days on fin. Usually the shedding happens when you start taking it or when you just stop. You can ask @SquareChinOrDeath about Setipiprant. But first you need to try diagnose whether you're going through a shedding phase or if the Finasteride just isn't strong enough and could only help for the first 62 days. I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but GHK-cu is the best option right now. You really need to find out what's causing your hair to shed. Is the shedding aggressive or mild? If it's not aggressive shedding then it's probable that the Fin just isn't strong enough to balance your C:A phase activity.

• +1
Reactions: SquareChinOrDeath, LordNorwood and Deleted member 1862
how’s ur texture? bc i lose hair in the shower too when i don’t wash my hair for a few days and do muay thai/ sweat a lot
Its straight, can't tell if it's thin or medium as it looks fairly dense but is prone to breakage. & yeah, if I work out & don't wash my hair properly asap it gets oily/ knotty & tends to fall out more.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Do you know if peppermint oil is legit for balding?
It helps stimulate hair growth in a lot of people. It's definitely not something that's needed for MPB prone people. It's just a short/quick boost in growth through some inflammatory/histamine response.

Its straight, can't tell if it's thin or medium as it looks fairly dense but is prone to breakage. & yeah, if I work out & don't wash my hair properly asap it gets oily/ knotty & tends to fall out more.
how can u tell it’s prone to breaksge

blasphemy
I'm just salty :feelswah:
how can u tell it’s prone to breaksge
sometimes there'll be hairs half the length & without the bulb that are kinda brittle in the shower/ on my towel.
Switch to Dutasteride if you think the fin isn't strong enough. But if you just need to cope through the shedding you could get some GHK-cu or Biotinyl-GHK cream/foam for the short term.
Thanks man. When I was looking online it looked like GHK-CU foam wasn't as readily available to buy online. I'll look again. As for Dut, I figured I should stick to fin at least for a little while longer (or if my hair gets significantly worse) before switching to Dut. Still no major sides from Fin (touch wood.)

sually the shedding happens when you start taking it or when you just stop. You can ask @SquareChinOrDeath about Setipiprant. But first you need to try diagnose whether you're going through a shedding phase or if the Finasteride just isn't strong enough and could only help for the first 62 days.
Damn, I read that it's fairly normal to have a shedding phase around now.

Is the shedding aggressive or mild?
The issue is I didn't ever track my baseline ie. up until recently(perhaps the last ~3 months) I didn't pay attention to how many hairs I was losing in the shower. At this point I think it's too late to differentiate between an aggressive or mild shed. The only thing that's certain is that my hairline has remained pretty much the same throughout & my density has slightly decreased.

Last edited:
Why the fuck does fin cause shedding anyway? People say that its pushing the bad hair out or some shit but that always sounded like witch doctor bullshit to me. What is it for real? Is it similar to a reperfusion injury maybe?

@x30001 can I get a second opinion on my hairline? won't post pics on here but will pm.