First Post. Any Success with Jaw implant removal

M

mooseman23

Iron
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I recently had a genioplasty (12mm forward and 4mm vertical shortening) and jaw implants. 2 weeks post surgery rn but I can already tell that I'm cooked. Never felt this bad about my looks. I'm just 22 years old. I was probably a 4.75-5.75 (face) before, now I'm like a 1-2. I think the main culprit for my uncanny look right now is the jaw implant. I am going to remove it as soon as I can before I rope, but I just wanted to see if people have successfully removed jaw implants before? Any forum about removals would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I don't rope from this whole ordeal, I will make a second post about the lessons I have learned. The last week I have grown a lot mentally (despite the depression), and I want to make sure that you guys don't make the same mistakes as me. This forum attracts a lot of young naive people, thinking that one or 2 surgeries here and there will change everything. Thanks for any help that you guys can provide! It's been a rough couple of weeks and I just want to get this over with

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Wallenberg, Iblamejordan, Shmuel and 3 others
Greycels getting more surgeries then the frequent posters hahah

• +1
Reactions: Shmuel
You're only 2 weeks post op jfl
It could be swelling.
Also are you sure these jaw implant measurements is proportional to your face and fits the ideal ratios?

• +1
Reactions: Shmuel, Deleted member 14392 and Mongrelcel
How the fuck do yall have money for this shit. I am 21 and i cant even afford rent.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman
You're only 2 weeks post op jfl
It could be swelling.
Also are you sure these jaw implant measurements is proportional to your face and fits the ideal ratios?
Thanks for the reply. Swelling obviously is still playing a role. I'm a little over the 2 week mark now, so roughly 50% of the swelling should be gone by now. The swelling argument helped me cope for the first week or so, but there were a couple of things that I noticed that I couldn't ignore.
  1. My implant looks uneven. I didn't have a perfectly symmetrical face beforehand, but my jaw is clearly uneven now. I doubt that is solely caused by swelling. To confirm my suspicions, I scheduled a 3D CT face scan this Friday. I want to see the placement of my implant and compare it to my previous skull.
  2. My chin is sticking out a bit too much and looks too thick. I don't think 12mm advancement in my case was too much. From a strictly side profile, the genioplasty was a success. However, from a frontal view, and especially from a 3/4 view, I look comical. Comparing my before and after pics looks like I dropped 80 iq points. I want to see the 3D CT face scan this Friday because my suspicion is that there is plastic on my chin that is adding additional width and length. During my design, the plan was to have no plastic on my chin. The gonial angle implants were supposed to stop at my chin, but after a couple more design sessions plans were changed a bit. The implant design became more for a wrap around, but the plan was still to cut off the plastic on my chin. Based off the look and feel of my chin, I think there is plastic on it which I did not want. That could just be swelling, but the 3D CT Face Scan will sort it out.
  3. In terms of ratios, I'm not entire sure that it's ideal. The implant is relatively small, only 5mm horizontal and 8/9mm vertical, but it doesn't seem to fit my face. During consultations, my surgeon noted that I have high jaw angle and a genioplasty alone may have left my jaw angle even more "behind". However, the implant just doesn't seem to fit my face and looks uncanny. I think I would have been better served with just a genioplasty to improve my side profile which is why I want to remove it.

• +1
Reactions: Shmuel and fruitgunpop
How the fuck do yall have money for this shit. I am 21 and i cant even afford rent.
I got lucky with crypto. After the removal I'm probably going to be a poorcel though. I wasted a ton of money on a looksmin. I would rather be in your shoes brother

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop
What material were your implants?
Were they custom design or off the shelf?
How much asymmetry are we talking about here, in mm?

• +1
Reactions: Swole bravo
Pics.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman
What material were your implants?
Were they custom design or off the shelf?
How much asymmetry are we talking about here, in mm?
Silicon and they were custom.
I'm not sure about the exact measurements for the jaw asymmetry, but once I get my face scans back I should be able to tell. But you can notice it relatively easily

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I recently had a genioplasty (12mm forward and 4mm vertical shortening) and jaw implants. 2 weeks post surgery rn but I can already tell that I'm cooked. Never felt this bad about my looks. I'm just 22 years old. I was probably a 4.75-5.75 (face) before, now I'm like a 1-2. I think the main culprit for my uncanny look right now is the jaw implant. I am going to remove it as soon as I can before I rope, but I just wanted to see if people have successfully removed jaw implants before? Any forum about removals would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I don't rope from this whole ordeal, I will make a second post about the lessons I have learned. The last week I have grown a lot mentally (despite the depression), and I want to make sure that you guys don't make the same mistakes as me. This forum attracts a lot of young naive people, thinking that one or 2 surgeries here and there will change everything. Thanks for any help that you guys can provide! It's been a rough couple of weeks and I just want to get this over with
holy fuck why would you get a vertical shortening genio as a male, it's absolutely over

• +1
Reactions: Shmuel and LightSkinNoob
Absolutely swelling involved. The timeline they give people with percentages if WRONG. Especially if you have thick skin.

I had malar and jaw implants done end of May and I am still VERY swollen. I would wait at least 7 months - you actually don't have any information at all right now.

Yes, they can be removed BUT depending on the size you will require a smaller implant or the skin will bounce back too much and knot.

• +1
Why didn’t you get PEEK, rip.

• +1
you said yourself you're literally 2 weeks post op. You need to wait until the swelling has gone down before you should make any decision about wanting to remove. your surgeon is gonna tell you the same thing.

Can you just post chin pics before and after? You can be fixed with just chin pics, please dude it'll help alot of people

• Ugh..
Reactions: Hipcel
holy fuck why would you get a vertical shortening genio as a male, it's absolutely over
I had a really long chin before the genio. Rn my chin to philtrum ratio is closer to the ideal. But time will tell if shortening it was the wrong move. If it's over, it's over ☹️

Last edited:
Absolutely swelling involved. The timeline they give people with percentages if WRONG. Especially if you have thick skin.

I had malar and jaw implants done end of May and I am still VERY swollen. I would wait at least 7 months - you actually don't have any information at all right now.

Yes, they can be removed BUT depending on the size you will require a smaller implant or the skin will bounce back too much and knot.
Thanks for your feedback! I had a relatively smaller implant. If you don't mind, what do you mean by the skin bouncing back and knoting? Also, 7 months seems like a ton of time to evaluate an implant. What percentage of swelling do you think you still have?

you said yourself you're literally 2 weeks post op. You need to wait until the swelling has gone down before you should make any decision about wanting to remove. your surgeon is gonna tell you the same thing.
My left side actually looks pretty solid, but the unevenness of my jaw is really bothering me. I want to see the results of the scan but rn I think its more than just swelling

Can you just post chin pics before and after? You can be fixed with just chin pics, please dude it'll help alot of people
I may post it in the future. Just worried about showing too much on this forum.

I had a really long chin before the genio. Rn my chin to philtrum ratio is closer to the ideal. But time will tell if shortening it was the wrong move. If it's over, it's over ☹️
bro it's not about ratio it's about bone supporting the tissue lmao. When u reduce ur chin height all that space where ur chin was vertically stretching ur submental and cheek tissue becomes more lax

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18776
terrible idea to both shorten the chin and elongate the jaw height that much. both were prolly too much jfl. vtaper jaw looks much better them square from the front. i would personally recommend shaving the height of the jaw implant to like only 2-3mm (wich would be 9 before) additional height and fixing the assymetry. also unless u had a stupid tall chin 4mm reduction is ridiculous, pls get revision for like only 9-10mm advancement and 2mm impaction (yes 1mm in chin height is a lot, 2 is even more) u needed to go more conservative and now ur bogged, u need revision buddy, on your whole surgery, not removal

also if u posted ur lower third before i could give u the exact measurements u needed moved. nobody is going to know who u are just from lower third, send it bitch

I may post it in the future. Just worried about showing too much on this forum.
send in dms, im an expert (not actually but surgery obssessed)

can you take a post-op xray to be sure

you are swollen

but who did the surgery

post pics before and after of jaw

it's not over, relax. removal is easy anyway. swelling might give you the wrong idea, share ct and more details so we can help maybe

Post your design

When it comes to jaw implants swelling is going to be there for weeks to months. When it comes to infraorbital/cheek implants the majority of sweling is gone in 2 weeks (50-70% as eppley and many doctors say). Jaw implants do alot of trauma and swelling to the jaw. If you watch a video during surgery, you'll see what i mean. Compared to cheek implants, where it's a quick procedure. Cheek implants being placed under the eyelid don't cause much trauma. Are you getting these two mixed up in terms of swelling?

Hey guys! Thanks for some of the supportive comments a couple of months ago. I’m a few weeks away from removing my implant and reversing my genioplasty. Nervous/excited for it. The last couple of months have been horrible ngl. I hope things go well and thanks again for the supportive comments.

• +1
Hey guys! Thanks for some of the supportive comments a couple of months ago. I’m a few weeks away from removing my implant and reversing my genioplasty. Nervous/excited for it. The last couple of months have been horrible ngl. I hope things go well and thanks again for the supportive comments.
can u post a picture?

What did you say to ur surgeon about removing and reversing your procedures?

did you ever figure out why it looked off on you? did you get the CT scan?