First year of Uni and dropping out my experience

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Its taken me a while to take accountability for this because for lack of better words last year during Uni I blacked out a lot of it. Partially from drinking and the fact that my experience was so negative and shameful.

I wasted thousands I am resentful I didn't suck it up and just get mediocre grades putting in the bare minimum but thats life. It was weird people told me Uni would make me feel more free but it was the opposite. First year at Uni they said no one can have a car on campus. This really annoyed me I was confined to a college town and could only go to classes or the downtown area I also picked a bad dorm room since it was far away from the party areas I had to walk forever to get to some of my classes.

The one part that was not my fault entirely:
They made me go to this Covid room for 1-2 weeks after I tested positive (yeah they had a dumb testing policy if anyone in your floor had covid) I never felt sick but tested positive anyways. Forced me to stay in a room away from my dorm and I missed classed for a week and a half also my laptop was acting up and it was hard to do assignments online in many cases.

Where the situation became fucked:
During this I missed a ton of assignments and already had a bad GPA especially in CS I was banking on my exam making up for it but I only got a 70 which isn't horrible but I had all F's at this point on assignments making my grade a 45. After that I was so depressed I refused to leave my room unless if it was past 1 am when no one was out on campus.

Honestly this is mainly my fault I wish I had just sucked up and dealt with shit instead of hiding I should have dropped the CS class and explained to my professor why I was absent so I could get makeup points. But instead I just decided to leave my room less and less at some point my anxiety was so bad I had to drink 2 beers to leave my room at all. I feel much better in online CC classes

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deprived, Kristin and 4 others
We’re very similar in terms of life experiences

• +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 11126
Made this thread for anyone whose going through or went through something similar never run away from your problems. They always come back I still had to pay for my mistakes hiding only made it worse in the long run.

No matter how terrible your situation is hiding will make it worse tomorrow. Every time you hide the monsters become bigger and bigger. If I would have just talked with my professors right away I would have had no issues but instead I avoided and avoided until it become irreconcilable.

The anxiety never got better hiding... hiding makes you feel better for an hour or maybe a day but the next day you will be worse and the day after that and the day after that...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview, germanlooks, Deleted member 16677 and 1 other person
We’re very similar in terms of life experiences
What was your experience like? Honestly I think I can do better when I go back part of it was the location and the other Uni itself. Will be getting an apartment with a friend in the Uni I want

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18244
What was your experience like? Honestly I think I can do better when I go back part of it was the location and the other Uni itself. Will be getting an apartment with a friend in the Uni I want
Oh I just meant with being too depressed to go on with uni normally (though i’m better now), being too depress to clean a room and watching flies form, and even being philosophical about how meaningless effort is and how berserk mogs

• +1
Reactions: Vain786, Deleted member 11126 and Prince88
Oh I just meant with being too depressed to go on with uni normally (though i’m better now), being too depress to clean a room and watching flies form, and even being philosophical about how meaningless effort is and how berserk mogs
Oh yeah my room was disgusting in Uni. I had an embarrassing situation I basically turned my phone off in Uni and cut contact with my parents they got worried and called the RA.

She went in my room and said the standards I was living in were a health risk and reported me for having too much old food. I felt like such a loser subhuman

At that point I didn't care tho I was just a monster I did not want to be seen or heard by anyone I refused to leave my room unless everyone was asleep. I would go to the bar at 1 am and drink until they closed at 5 am and stay in my room till breakfast opened eat a huge meal then pass out and do it all over again

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 18244
@FailedNormieManlet

You should go to the psych jew, from your posts i inferred long ago that you are mentally fucked.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
You should go to the psych jew, from your posts i inferred long ago that you are mentally fucked.
What other posts made you think this?

Also the this shit happened last year sure things aren't amazing now but they are 10X better. I'm doing good in my online classes and recovered quite a bit

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Tbh i went through the exact same word from word. But the only difference is im not saying dumb shit like regrets and stuff.

University is not what i wanted to do at all, not what i was good at doing, and not what i was even doing. I did it at first because i (thought) i had no where else to go, with no real direction. But looking back, that shit was a massive waste of time. And the only reason i probably went was because of societal pressure.

Id advise people to really just cut the nonsense with these degrees and go to the real (changing) world and try to fit in where opportunities lie. Youd better know how to be good with computer science before you try to get that degree, and youd better already be working for financial independence before inflation grabs you but the nuts and takes off.

• +1
Tbh i went through the exact same word from word. But the only difference is im not saying dumb shit like regrets and stuff.

University is not what i wanted to do at all, not what i was good at doing, and not what i was even doing. I did it at first because i (thought) i had no where else to go, with no real direction. But looking back, that shit was a massive waste of time. And the only reason i probably went was because of societal pressure.

Id advise people to really just cut the nonsense with these degrees and go to the real (changing) world and try to fit in where opportunities lie. Youd better know how to be good with computer science before you try to get that degree, and youd better already be working for financial independence before inflation grabs you but the nuts and takes off.
Honestly was in retail for 6 months convinced me to go back to school. I'm getting a degree in something stable as a fall back plan.

Also if inflation is bad going to college won't matter because my debt will be worthless. I mostly feel bad for wasting my current classes are CC classes and very cheap so it doesn't matter as much

Btw out of curiosity what industry are you in rn?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Its taken me a while to take accountability for this because for lack of better words last year during Uni I blacked out a lot of it. Partially from drinking and the fact that my experience was so negative and shameful.

I wasted thousands I am resentful I didn't suck it up and just get mediocre grades putting in the bare minimum but thats life. It was weird people told me Uni would make me feel more free but it was the opposite. First year at Uni they said no one can have a car on campus. This really annoyed me I was confined to a college town and could only go to classes or the downtown area I also picked a bad dorm room since it was far away from the party areas I had to walk forever to get to some of my classes.

The one part that was not my fault entirely:
They made me go to this Covid room for 1-2 weeks after I tested positive (yeah they had a dumb testing policy if anyone in your floor had covid) I never felt sick but tested positive anyways. Forced me to stay in a room away from my dorm and I missed classed for a week and a half also my laptop was acting up and it was hard to do assignments online in many cases.

Where the situation became fucked:
During this I missed a ton of assignments and already had a bad GPA especially in CS I was banking on my exam making up for it but I only got a 70 which isn't horrible but I had all F's at this point on assignments making my grade a 45. After that I was so depressed I refused to leave my room unless if it was past 1 am when no one was out on campus.

Honestly this is mainly my fault I wish I had just sucked up and dealt with shit instead of hiding I should have dropped the CS class and explained to my professor why I was absent so I could get makeup points. But instead I just decided to leave my room less and less at some point my anxiety was so bad I had to drink 2 beers to leave my room at all. I feel much better in online CC classes
There is no reason to be failing school. Lectures are freely available on YouTube ffs lol. :lul:

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Deleted member 15827 and STEVE GAMING
I thought you was high iq tho?

• JFL
brutal. uni is more about social circle than you think (benefiting from each other’s work, motivation, group work, sports, enjoying what you’re doing, etc.). if you’re not on the ladder by end of first year then you’re either going to have to work 3x harder than everyone else or you drop out.

• +1
Reactions: Vain786
brutal. uni is more about social circle than you think (benefiting from each other’s work, motivation, group work, sports, enjoying what you’re doing, etc.). if you’re not on the ladder by end of first year then you’re either going to have to work 3x harder than everyone else or you drop out.
I had one friend (ironically a chad I knew back in HS) he took me to parties probably the only reason I didn't rope. I have yet to properly thank him he saved my life. Every week he would force me to leave my room once or ask how I was doing to this day I have no clue why he did it...

• +1
Reactions: Thinking_Machine
If this ever happens again craft and intracite sob story, your college no doubt has an INC (incomplete) grade they can give you temporarily so you work on the assignments after the class ends. You can create fake documents to back up the sob story too.
I went through something very similar being depressed bad getting addicted to LoL fucked an entire semester for me, ended up having to retake classes. I got on Wellbutrin which gave me energy and stop gaming/masturbating as much and that helped give motivation.
College partying and drinking is just a temporary bandaid to your depression, you gotta attack the root problem

• +1
If this ever happens again craft and intracite sob story, your college no doubt has an INC (incomplete) grade they can give you temporarily so you work on the assignments after the class ends. You can create fake documents to back up the sob story too.
I went through something very similar being depressed bad getting addicted to LoL fucked an entire semester for me, ended up having to retake classes. I got on Wellbutrin which gave me energy and stop gaming/masturbating as much and that helped give motivation.
College partying and drinking is just a temporary bandaid to your depression, you gotta attack the root problem
I was too scared to see an advisor I ended up telling someone over the phone I was dropping out and even that made me feel anxious.

Online uni is better much less personal too. Its lonely but I guess in a different way I also feel less free at home. But its giving me time to figure out a routine

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Just drop out and hustle like me.