For visual improvment MSE+Facemask is not holy grail

O

OCDMaxxing

Sphinx
It yields very little visual change.

I consulted with enough people to conclude that if you want visual improvements you have to go either Le Fort route or do fillers. MSE and Facemask will give you better airway and slight improvements, but definitely not worth the cost and not worth the time and energy sunk into it.

I'm yet to see where incels go to models with MSE+Facemask. It is a cope.

Either cut your skull into pieces by invasive modified Le Fort III or just use fillers/implants on your entire face which come with their own set of problems.

This sucks.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: thecel, PrisonMike, Lorsss and 3 others
Just wait 63 years for 3 mm advancement bro

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PrisonMike, sorrowfulsad, CopeIsReal and 4 others
I need 20mm forward movement

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796 and Bennett

I consulted with enough people to conclude that if you want visual improvements you have to go either Le Fort route or do fillers. MSE and Facemask will give you better airway and slight improvements, but definitely not worth the cost and not worth the time and energy sunk into it.

Either cut your skull into pieces by invasive modified Le Fort III or just use fillers/implants on your entire face which come with their own set of problems.

This sucks.
Where is it that you have seen so many MSE + facemask results? Can you PM me some before/Afters if you have any?

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery
@Guest ded srs?

@Guest ded srs?

If he actually went to many orthodontists to ask them about how much protraction one could get with MSE and then get these answers, this is probably true. On the side, there's Ronald Ead who's doing this experiment atm and he will surely tell if he got any visual results from it. Wouldn't count on it 100% now though.
It's Bimax + MLF3 or death now.

• Woah
Reactions: Pendejo
whats mse or facemask

If he actually went to many orthodontists to ask them about how much protraction one could get with MSE and then get these answers, this is probably true.
I did this.

On the side, there's Ronald Ead who's doing this experiment atm and he will surely tell if he got any visual results from it. Wouldn't count on it 100% now though.
I am following the guy, bu he is doing it for health reasons and even said it yields little visual change.

• +1
Reactions: Guest
I did this.

I am following the guy, bu he is doing it for health reasons and even said it yields little visual change.
How much protraction did orthos say you could get with MSE + facemask?

How much protraction did orthos say you could get with MSE + facemask?
like 2-4mm, but it won't even be noticeable in facial changes.

Damn that sucks. What if you just wore the facemask 3x longer for up to 12mm advancement? Every study I've seen showing the use of MSE + facemask uses it to treat class III malluclusions which usually only require 2-4mm advancement. What if someone needed 10mm, could he just wear it longer until he gets there?

Wouldnt you get more if u take things that make your bones more malleable? Vit C, Zinc, mk677, redlight

Damn that sucks. What if you just wore the facemask 3x longer for up to 12mm advancement? Every study I've seen showing the use of MSE + facemask uses it to treat class III malluclusions which usually only require 2-4mm advancement. What if someone needed 10mm, could he just wear it longer until he gets there?
Not sure tbh.
I think you would just get Le Fort in that case.

Not sure tbh.
I think you would just get Le Fort in that case.
Is it even possible to get a le fort 3 if you aren't extremely deformed? I need this shit though even my airways/teeth are shit, I hope there are some visual improvements as well. Can you share some before after pics which made you reach this conclusion?

This thread has aged pretty badly now that Ronald Ead is done with his MSE treatment (12 mm palatal expansion in less than 3 months)

Screenshot 2019 10 09 Myofunctional Tongue Posture Advice for AGGA Patients   YouTube

Screenshot 2019 10 09 Demonstrating MSE and Facemask   YouTube

This thread has aged pretty badly now that Ronald Ead is done with his MSE treatment (12 mm palatal expansion in less than 3 months)

View attachment 132356

View attachment 132357

Hmmmm...

View attachment 132356

View attachment 132357
Has it really? You think he looks way better now? Really?

Last edited:

Hmmmm...

he looks very mouth heavy now because of the AGGA treatment prior to that. 12 mm MSE expansion enhanced this issue a bit.

I persoanally am looking for interpupilar increasment and zygos width, and MSE definitely did its job here.

If the teeth are the issue for you: There is no question about it- they are going to be fixed.

Last edited:

Hmmmm...

His phenotype is fucked up, he will never be good looking even with a correctly grown face

Huh? Is there even any proof?
Before and afters?

This sucks.
Even 1 PSL + good airways is a great result for mouthbreathers considering you are sacrificing a couple grand and maybe one year.

Even 1 PSL + good airways is a great result for mouthbreathers considering you are sacrificing a couple grand and maybe one year.
In certain rare cases. Ronald Ead didn't look better, if anything he ended up looking even STRANGER. If you already have a good bite it will fuck it up, because mandible won't grow and expand along with maxilla.

In certain rare cases. Ronald Ead didn't look better, if anything he ended up looking even STRANGER. If you already have a good bite it will fuck it up, because mandible won't grow and expand along with maxilla.
He did AGGA before MSE. From what I've seen, it doesn't make much sense as it doesn't move the entire midface forward, but only expands the upper jaw from the front. Not ideal.

The difference between the before and after was huge, he ended up better looking, but again, not ideal.

Add to this result the fact he the still haven't done anything to pull his face forward like we want to and that's why his results seem underwhelming to us. He's not following the same protocol as we're discussing and comes from a different base.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: YoNips and Administrator
Ronald did not use the facemask though. Also especially in this old video you can see how much worse and more recessed he looked:

Well his wider palate should have made him more robust dimorphic Chad right? Wide face and all that? Look how it worked out. Still looks crap.