FORWARD-GROWN MAXILLA AND A DOWNWARD-GROWN MANDIBLE

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
My facial development is a bit strange and has always baffled me, but I think I have finally figured out what caused all my issues, I made this thread because I have never seen or heard of a case like mine as of yet, or at least not on this forum...

I was born and lived quite normally, never caring for looks, but I didn't have the ideal bite/teeth. Eventually, I was taken to the orthodontist where I had numerous procedures over the years. I had a bit of an overbite and my bite in general was misaligned. Although I believe braces are fine (According to Mike Mew at least?), I also had rubber bands (Which fortunately didn't do much harm against me), and eventually had to wear a retainer (Which I still do to this day). I also have a permanent retainer on the bottom, but it's just one of those wire things on the back of my front few teeth to keep them in place. BTW I did most of my orthodontic work from the ages of roughly 11-14 or so, am currently 17.

Anyways, this is where things get a bit whack
My maxilla is fine, I would say it's at worst average growth, although I personally would say it might even be above average in terms of growth
But then the weird part, my mandible is completely fucked.
Now people will usually say, well, if your mandible is fucked then so is your maxilla, but that genuinely is not the case for me.
I'm almost certain my mandible is quite downward grown, I measured it and it was around a 125 and a 135-degree gonial angle on the left and right sides of my face respectively. My ramuses are definitely quite short but the right one just looks way too steep. My ramuses are asymmetrical due to chewing on the left side for many years, and my other bad habits haven't helped it all either.
But of course, this in itself isn't alarming, but what is alarming is the fact that despite my good, I'd say above average chin projection, my chin doesn't meet my lower lip, it doesn't even meet my browridge, it's quite below average and can give a "weak" look at times, unfortunately. (I must add that my upper lip protrudes slightly, although I seriously don't believe I have an overbite and I believe this is just a result of my mandible being so downward grown compared to my maxilla).
My philtrum is also quite long (Normal for mandibular downward growth), and I am almost totally certain that it alone is what is causing my "long midface" look, I've measured my nose countless times and it is fine (A nose grows long from the downward growth of the maxilla). My maxilla (Nose up) are all totally normal, I have a strong browridge (To the point that it gives my eyes hooding), a sharp and projected nose, good infraorbital rims, projected zygos, all the signs of a well-developed maxilla, but my mandible is a downward grown piece of shit.
It even has antegonial notches (Which I have heard are signs of downward growth, although I'm not too sure), and almost looks as if someone tilted it backward in a way, giving me this long look, this somewhat "weak" looking chin, and so forth, despite my maxilla being totally fine.
TLDR:
So, what the fuck do I think caused my forward-grown maxilla and downward-grown mandible?
I genuinely think that my wearing my retainer daily and consistently kept my maxilla the same way it was, or at least prevented it from growing downwards. As for why my mandible grew downwards? I'm not totally sure but I mainly suspect snoring/mouth breathing in my sleep.

I'm not saying you should wear a retainer btw, but it's just the most likely reason I could've come up with for why I didn't become a totally recessed truecel.

Some of you might bring up the orthodontic work, but rubber bands for an overbite literally pull your maxilla back, and practically all others who undergo this sort of stuff never end up like how I have. I do believe a retainer restricts your palate growth and whatnot, unfortunately, but as a result, it'll also prevent it from growing for the worse (Vertically).

My only problem now is to fix this bullshit, so please let me know if you know what could help me out. I am already looking a lot into mewing and whatnot, and am also open to any surgeries should my mewcoping not do as well as I intended (Bimax? BSSO? Etc.)

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and Deleted member 2729
imagination jerking off GIF

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mike21, kuroganeikki, Krakowski and 18 others
Why would I lie about shit like this? Literally makes no sense. I'm almost 100% certain with myself about everything I've said, but you don't have to believe me if you don't want to.
I think I just MIGHT keep wearing my retainer on top until my mandible "catches up", whether that be artificially or naturally. Perhaps once I get to an ideal amount of forward growth for both I could wear 2 retainers at night daily for the top AND bottom to prevent it from ever "going back", would also keep teeth in place as well.
Fuark, I remember when the orthodontists offered me a bottom retainer as well but they told me that it was "easy to have its progress undone", so my dumbass (Under the influence of my mother) decided to just get the permanent one.
BRB going back in time to duct tape my mouth every single time I slept from age 11 until now.

Why would I lie about shit like this? Literally makes no sense. I'm almost 100% certain with myself about everything I've said, but you don't have to believe me if you don't want to.
I think I just MIGHT keep wearing my retainer on top until my mandible "catches up", whether that be artificially or naturally. Perhaps once I get to an ideal amount of forward growth for both I could wear 2 retainers at night daily for the top AND bottom to prevent it from ever "going back", would also keep teeth in place as well.
Fuark, I remember when the orthodontists offered me a bottom retainer as well but they told me that it was "easy to have its progress undone", so my dumbass (Under the influence of my mother) decided to just get the permanent one.
BRB going back in time to duct tape my mouth every single time I slept from age 11 until now.
he just telling you he can't imagine what your face looks like since he has no pics, not tellign u ur lying lol

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady, Deleted member 14392, Growth Plate and 3 others
Pics tell a thousand words

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: mike21, BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Elvisandreaa and 4 others
Nobody is going to read that wall of autism

Post pics

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady
nvm i was wrong guys lol

• JFL
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
Everything of mine is down grown, including my dick thankfully too at least but still I want more face and voice PSL to my name

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766