Found another Carhartt jacket this morning, and got some new straight-legged trousers and jeans

Do I need to spend more on clothing?

• Total voters
Xangsane

Xangsane

pat pat
Will update you in another thread, but in addition to that brown Cathartt jacket I found in my dad's old clothing box a long time ago, I also found another Cathartt jacket, a Polo Ralph Lauren sweater, a couple of cool-looking coloured zip ups/sweaters, a Lacoste polo, some oversized tees (a couple are graphic) and now I just bought a pair of straight legged trousers and jeans.

All of these are from the late 80s - mid 90s I believe, since my dad came to the West in the late 80s and up until the mid 90s he was in his "prime". I won't doxx my exact clothes, but I will give you similar looking ones on the follow-up thread.

I'm gonna try them on with my new trousers as soon as I head home, I haven't done so yet.

I'm thinking of wearing straight-legged trousers with a collared shirt and a jumper underneath for a nice smart casual look.

However, summer is coming and the focus would be on thinner fabrics and shirts.

I'm wondering if I need to spend more on casual clothing if this isn't enough or if the style won't suit me. I still know I need to spend more on smart clothing - I just bought another pair of straight-legged trousers.

FYI, I'm 5'10, have a prettyboy pheno, medium-length brown curtains, blue eyes, light olive/gold skin, wide frame.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Alexanderr, ROTTING, Deleted member 7926 and 2 others
@FailedNormieManlet

• +1
Reactions: coo233
@Sigmamale @nerdycomrade @anactualdude

@TanZera @8PSLcel @jewcel

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Xangsane
@PrinterAndFaxMachin @currylightskin

I was about to type something the minute you posted the thread and then I was like "nah, he's gonna have to work hard and mention me before i reply"
worked like a magic, broke you like drago broke apollo

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and Deleted member 17791
  • Woah
  • JFL
Will update you in another thread, but in addition to that brown Cathartt jacket I found in my dad's old clothing box a long time ago, I also found another Cathartt jacket, a Polo Ralph Lauren sweater, a couple of cool-looking coloured zip ups/sweaters, a Lacoste polo, some oversized tees (a couple are graphic) and now I just bought a pair of straight legged trousers and jeans.

All of these are from the early-mid-90s, I believe, since that's when my dad came to the West. I won't doxx my exact clothes, but I will give you similar looking ones on the follow-up thread.

I'm gonna try them on with my new trousers as soon as I head home, I haven't done so yet.

I'm thinking of wearing straight-legged trousers with a collared shirt and a jumper underneath for a nice smart casual look.

However, summer is coming and the focus would be on thinner fabrics and shirts.

I'm wondering if I need to spend more on casual clothing if this isn't enough or if the style won't suit me. I still know I need to spend more on smart clothing - I just bought another pair of straight-legged trousers.

FYI, I'm 5'10, have a prettyboy pheno, medium-length brown curtains, blue eyes, light olive/gold skin, wide frame.
Straight legged trousers with a collared shirt looks really nice with ur look imo. Go for it

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
I was about to type something the minute you posted the thread and then I was like "nah, he's gonna have to work hard and mention me before i reply"
worked like a magic, broke you like drago broke apollo
View attachment 1658346
Garangutans me

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18418
Straight legged trousers with a collared shirt looks really nice with ur look imo. Go for it
Thank you! It'll make a great work outfit.

@PrinterAndFaxMachin @currylightskin
prettyboy and wide frame dont go together . endomorph and prettyboy dont go together . were you borderline obese in childhood ?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7926 and Xangsane
Post pic of jacket.
I won't doxx my exact clothes, but I will give you similar looking ones on the follow-up thread when I get home!

• JFL
Reactions: Lygodactylus and Deleted member 17791
prettyboy and wide frame dont go together . endomorph and prettyboy dont go together . were you borderline obese in childhood ?
I was chubby in childhood; just overweight.
I'm not a full endomorph; in fact I lean more mesomorph than anything.

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
I won't doxx my exact clothes, but I will give you similar looking ones on the follow-up thread when I get home!
"doxx my exact clothes"
:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
Okay.

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Entschuldigung, Preoximerianas and 3 others
Blue collar work clothes 😂 JFL

• JFL
I was chubby in childhood; just overweight.
I'm not a full endomorph; in fact I lean more mesomorph than anything.
measure wrists now

• JFL
Reactions: Xangsane and Deleted member 17791
  • Woah
  • +1

Based. @OldRooster or @RichmondBread were in their prime back then and might recognize them

Last edited:
  • JFL
You those are blue collar work clothes 😂 JFL
No, I work as a foundation doctor. I graduated med school with a first class at a Russell uni and this is the route we take. At 27 I become a junior doctor. Most lads who I work with wear jeans, a collared shirt tucked in and trainers if they're not in scrubs.

Doctors and surgeons wearing jeans here are pretty common.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5467
No, I work as a foundation doctor. I graduated med school with a first class at a Russell uni and this is the route we take. At 27 I become a junior doctor. Most lads who I work with wear jeans, a collared shirt tucked in and trainers if they're not in scrubs.

Doctors and surgeons wearing jeans here are pretty common.

Ok, i just see a lot of tik tokers wearing blue collar clothes but they don't do shit at all lol

• JFL
Don't worry, I already obtained your IP adress by the description of your dad's clothes and executed a search warrant for suspicious activity with the help of graycel @FBI

• JFL
  • +1
I've never seen anyone spam post the way you do

lookism trait tbh ngl mirin tbh this

• JFL
@Sigmamale @nerdycomrade @anactualdude
Don’t buy more clothes, have a few good pieces that go well together. Girls love relaxed fit jeans, skater aesthetic. Not that you have to look homeless obviously. Focus on cream, light blue, brown and green colors. Get Nike blazers and a pair of black converse. That’s all you need

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and Xangsane
Straight legged trousers paired with a collared shirt looks very aesthetic and high class. Vintage style fits your prettyboy look
Also, a necklace would help too

Last edited:
  • +1
Hmm. describe em then. I'll tell you what they remind me off.
Not the exact, exact clothes, but these examples bear striking similarities.

The first Carhartt jacket I found:

The second Carhartt jacket I found:

Polo Ralph Lauren sweater (can't find the exact one, but it has a pattern like these ones):

The Lacoste polo is just a plain white polo like this one:

I also managed to rummage harder and found an oversized flannel similar to this one colourwise but a tiny bit of extra padding inside so it feels warmer:

Can't find the exact t-shirts (the graphic ones have a unique print), but they're oversized. The shirt fit is oversized like this guy's though:

The coloured zip ups and sweaters are just plain-coloured. I got one in dark blue, light green, black (the black one is the zip up).

All my trousers I got fit similar to this one:

Luckily, almost all the clothing I obtained are made of good-quality fabrics.

I guess my dad 2pacmaxxed, since 2pac used to wear similar clothes back in the day.

Ok, i just see a lot of tik tokers wearing blue collar clothes but they don't do shit at all lol
They're larping as working-class lads or is it just for the aesthetic?

Don't worry, I already obtained your IP adress by the description of your dad's clothes and executed a search warrant for suspicious activity with the help of graycel @FBI
Yeah sure.

Nah, they’re around your dad’s age and might recognize his clothes
Perhaps if their dads were interested in streetwear.

I've never seen anyone spam post the way you do

lookism trait tbh ngl mirin tbh this
Define spam post?

Don’t buy more clothes, have a few good pieces that go well together. Girls love relaxed fit jeans, skater aesthetic. Not that you have to look homeless obviously. Focus on cream, light blue, brown and green colors. Get Nike blazers and a pair of black converse. That’s all you need
I know the fabrics on my dad's old clothes feel so nice, but doesn't the style look 2pacmaxxed?
Was thinking of Timberland shoes instead - I don't really like Converse shoes.

At least the buttoned-up shirts, coloured sweaters and straight-legged trousers (and jeans) would go well for work. It's normal for lads to wear trainers and jeans with a button-up shirt to work as we're standing up in a hospital all day.

Straight legged trousers paired with a collared shirt looks very aesthetic and high class. Vintage style fits your prettyboy look
Also, a necklace would help too
I think it would for work.
Define vintage style, like the sort of stuff people used to wear in the 1940s during WWII?
What sort of necklace?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: anactualdude, Deleted member 7926, Deleted member 1209 and 1 other person
my dad mogs me :(
How do you describe this style?

Not the exact, exact clothes, but these examples bear striking similarities.

The first Carhartt jacket I found:
View attachment 1658507

The second Carhartt jacket I found:
View attachment 1658517

Polo Ralph Lauren sweater (can't find the exact one, but it has a pattern like these ones):
View attachment 1658518

The Lacoste polo is just a plain white polo like this one:
View attachment 1658519

I also managed to rummage harder and found an oversized flannel similar to this one colourwise but a tiny bit of extra padding inside so it feels warmer:
View attachment 1658525

Can't find the exact t-shirts (the graphic ones have a unique print), but they're oversized. The shirt fit is oversized like this guy's though:
View attachment 1658524

The coloured zip ups and sweaters are just plain-coloured. I got one in dark blue, light green, black (the black one is the zip up).

All my trousers I got fit similar to this one:
View attachment 1658526

Luckily, almost all the clothing I obtained are made of good-quality fabrics.

I guess my dad 2pacmaxxed, since 2pac used to wear similar clothes back in the day.

They're larping as working-class lads or is it just for the aesthetic?

Yeah sure.

Perhaps if their dads were interested in streetwear.

Define spam post?

I know the fabrics on my dad's old clothes feel so nice, but doesn't the style look 2pacmaxxed?
Was thinking of Timberland shoes instead - I don't really like Converse shoes.

At least the buttoned-up shirts, coloured sweaters and straight-legged trousers (and jeans) would go well for work. It's normal for lads to wear trainers and jeans with a button-up shirt to work as we're standing up in a hospital all day.

I think it would for work.
Define vintage style, like the sort of stuff people used to wear in the 1940s during WWII?
What sort of necklace?

looks aesthethic . will suit your prettyboy pheno

• JFL
looks aesthethic . will suit your prettyboy pheno
Really? :lul::lul::lul:
All I could imagine were the old-time rappers of the early 1990s, but I like the quality of the clothes.

• Woah
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
All I could imagine were the old-time rappers of the early 1990s, but I like the quality of the clothes.
wtf did you just reply normally to a thread?

• JFL
youll stand out in the crowd

• JFL
Is it because these clothes are more likely to found on a thugmaxxed BBC than some white-passing muzzie prettyboy?
yeah and just act edgy

• JFL