Funny story of Plato and Socrates that talks about what a big range of options do to us

John Cracovizk

John Cracovizk

Life is so short, you should smile more anon...
One day young Plato asked his teacher Socrates: “What is love? How can I find it?”

The old philosopher answered: “There’s a huge field of wheat in front of you. Go forward and don’t turn back. Pick only one stalk. If you have found the most beautiful stalk, you’ve found love.”

Plato went forward and quickly came back empty-handed. He didn’t pick a single stalk. Socrates asked him: “Why didn’t you pick any stalk?”

And Plato answered: “Because I was allowed to choose only once and I couldn’t go back. I’ve found the most beautiful stalk but I didn’t know if there were better stalks in front of me, so I didn’t pick it. As I kept going forward, I realized that the stalks I saw weren’t as good as the previous one, so I didn’t pick any in the end.”

His wise mentor said: “Well, that’s love!”

After some time Plato came to Socrates again and asked him: “What is marriage? How can I find it?”

And his teacher said: “There’s a lush forest in front of you. Go forward and don’t turn back. Knock down only one tree 🌳. If you find the tallest tree 🌳, you’ve found marriage.”

And so Plato went forward and after a short period of time, he came back with a tree. It was neither lush nor tall. It was just an ordinary tree.

Socrates asked his disciple: “Why did you knock down such a common tree? 🌳

The young philosopher answered: “Because of my past experience. I walked through half of the forest. This time I saw a tree and felt it wasn’t so bad, so I knocked it down and pulled it right over here. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity.“

And his mentor told him: “Well, that’s marriage!”

:lul: @zap @HarrierDuBois @bishōnenmaxxer @DelonLover1999

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SharpOrange, whitepilled4life, Deleted member 40986 and 14 others
DNRD, all philosophers are low iq

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: whitepilled4life, Whatashame and John Cracovizk
One day young Plato asked his teacher Socrates: “What is love? How can I find it?”

The old philosopher answered: “There’s a huge field of wheat in front of you. Go forward and don’t turn back. Pick only one stalk. If you have found the most beautiful stalk, you’ve found love.”

Plato went forward and quickly came back empty-handed. He didn’t pick a single stalk. Socrates asked him: “Why didn’t you pick any stalk?”

And Plato answered: “Because I was allowed to choose only once and I couldn’t go back. I’ve found the most beautiful stalk but I didn’t know if there were better stalks in front of me, so I didn’t pick it. As I kept going forward, I realized that the stalks I saw weren’t as good as the previous one, so I didn’t pick any in the end.”

After some time Plato came to Socrates again and asked him: “What is marriage? How can I find it?”

And his teacher said: “There’s a lush forest in front of you. Go forward and don’t turn back. Knock down only one tree 🌳. If you find the tallest tree 🌳, you’ve found marriage.”

And so Plato went forward and after a short period of time, he came back with a tree. It was neither lush nor tall. It was just an ordinary tree.

The young philosopher answered: “Because of my past experience. I walked through half of the forest. This time I saw a tree and felt it wasn’t so bad, so I knocked it down and pulled it right over here. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity.“

Mirin thread ngl

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SubSigma and John Cracovizk
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: whitepilled4life and Niklaus Mikaelson
DNRD, all philosophers are low iq
Philosophers were giga high iq considering the ones lived in ancient times, also they were scientists too and mathematicians. It's just in our times that most philosophers don't know shit abt current scientific knowledge

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: whitepilled4life and John Cracovizk
Wheat=becky on dating apps
Tree=becky after shes 30
Brooootal

• JFL
Reactions: whitepilled4life, nasusdog, apocalypse and 3 others
Ngl I caged a lot when reading this shit, made me even more enthusiastic to read Plato's books :feelsez:
Pretty based, but not surprised as we have almost the same join date

• Love it
Reactions: John Cracovizk
Philosophers were giga high iq considering the ones lived in ancient times, also they were scientists too and mathematicians. It's just in our times that most philosophers don't know shit abt current scientific knowledge
Not only they were high IQ, they were also athletic af, Plato competed in the olympics. Can you imagine your modern philosopher who is literally this: 🤓 in the fucking olympics? :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: whitepilled4life
Not only they were high IQ, they were also athletic af, Plato competed in the olympics. Can you imagine your modern philosopher who is literally this: 🤓 in the fucking olympics? :lul:
Common ancient Greece W.

• +1
Make Greece great again and bring back Zeus religion

• Love it
@Ryldoo IS COPING

• Love it
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING
Maybe one day I'll visit Greece and join the Olympic religion community just for fun even if my country is christian, because saying I'm atheist(agnostic actually) is boring af.

This religion or not-western original buddhism which is also based about women and life.

• Love it
Thank the Cosmos my father introduced me into Greek mythology by playing one of the most baseds RTS: Age of Mythology.

HD-wallpaper-age-of-mythology-zeus-age-gods-mythology.jpg

Ever since, it's been painted in my mind the most mogger warrior look, the hoplite:

2-hoplite-warrior-andrea-mazzocchetti.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 41371 and Deleted member 43403
Maybe one day I'll visit Greece and join the Olympic religion community just for fun even if my country is christian, because saying I'm atheist(agnostic actually) is boring af.

This religion or not-western original buddhism which is also based about women and life.
I'm looking forward to it someday as well (visiting Greece, but ofc visiting some surviving temples would be in my book as well)! Running the marathon that Pheidippides run as well!

BAL_337855_3x2.jpg

nowadays you divorce the tree because you came across a slightly taller one

• JFL
No Tag No Care Diogenes & @_MVP_ Mog

• Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: whitepilled4life, URL code and John Cracovizk
I can't read this knowing that Plato and Socrates were actually real people, and this didn't happen.

• JFL
Thank the Cosmos my father introduced me into Greek mythology by playing one of the most baseds RTS: Age of Mythology.

HD-wallpaper-age-of-mythology-zeus-age-gods-mythology.jpg

Ever since, it's been painted in my mind the most mogger warrior look, the hoplite:

2-hoplite-warrior-andrea-mazzocchetti.jpg
Greeks were also lookists, "kalos kai agathos" means good people are also attractive. Thersites is an ugly soldier which is represented as a coward in the Iliad.

Obviously there are exceptions because Odysseus was ugly but got the highest iq of all mythology lore and was full of girls (eg Circes and Calypso) simping him even if he was married to Penelopes.

Also Socrates was bald and unattractive but wise af. Alopecia maybe comes from Alopex because it's the city where Socrates was born.

• +1
View attachment 2510473
Sorry Bhai, pwease forgive me 😭

Also, Diogenes was a hella of a man, I need to read more about his cynicism. I know that his school of philosophy (cynicism) influenced the one I identify the most as a good lifestyle (stoicism) because Zeno, the founder of Stoicism, studied with the cynics.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 43403
View attachment 2510473
A young man contemplating marriage sought advice from Diogenes. "Should I marry?"

"Marriage is too soon for a young man"

"Would you have me wait then until I am old."

"Oh no, Marriage is far too late for an old man."

"What am I to do then? I love the girl."

"Love is a luxury no one can afford. It is for those who have nothing better to do."

"What should we be doing then?"

"To seek freedom. But it is not possible to be free if you have a wife and children."

"But having a wife and family is so agreeable."

"Then you see the problem, young man. Freedom would not be so difficult to attain were prison not so sweet."

"You mean to be free is to be alone?"

"We come into the world alone and we die alone. Why, in life, should we be any less alone?"

"To live, then, is terrible."

"No, not to live, but to live in chains.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 43403 and John Cracovizk
A young man contemplating marriage sought advice from Diogenes. "Should I marry?"

"Marriage is too soon for a young man"

"Would you have me wait then until I am old."

"Oh no, Marriage is far too late for an old man."

"What am I to do then? I love the girl."

"Love is a luxury no one can afford. It is for those who have nothing better to do."

"What should we be doing then?"

"To seek freedom. But it is not possible to be free if you have a wife and children."

"But having a wife and family is so agreeable."

"Then you see the problem, young man. Freedom would not be so difficult to attain were prison not so sweet."

"You mean to be free is to be alone?"

"We come into the world alone and we die alone. Why, in life, should we be any less alone?"

"To live, then, is terrible."

"No, not to live, but to live in chains.
Diogenes: Zeno, have you heard of this John Cracovizk?

Zeno: John Cracovizk? No, I can't say I have. Who is he?

Diogenes: He's a paragon of virtue and wisdom. Some say he embodies the perfect Stoic and Cynic qualities.

Zeno: An interesting concept. What virtues does John Cracovizk possess in your imagination?

Diogenes: Well, he embodies self-control and simplicity, like us Cynics. John is a Brazillian tranny who lives in a modest barrel, owning only a cloak and a lantern.

Zeno: That sounds quite similar to your lifestyle, Diogenes. But does he also value reason and wisdom like the Stoics?

Diogenes: Absolutely, he's known for his profound wisdom, which he shares with others through Socratic dialogues.

Zeno: It seems he's a combination of our philosophies, promoting both virtue and self-control. How does he maintain emotional stability in your vision?

Diogenes: He approaches life's challenges with humor and indifference, finding tranquility by embracing the present moment.

Zeno: A harmonious blend of Stoicism and Cynicism, it seems. It's intriguing to contemplate such an ideal figure, even if he's a product of imagination.

Diogenes: Indeed, it's a reminder that our philosophies share common goals and principles, even if our approaches differ. John Cracovizk serves as a symbol of the virtues we both hold dear.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: URL code, John Cracovizk and zap

482c3550 87bf 41fa 8083 f0f9fc74297a

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43403 and John Cracovizk
 bfda8ca8 0d0a 454a b7fe 5fbc4ee9d9a0

• +1
Mf put the tree emoji 💀

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar and John Cracovizk

platos me

• JFL
A lot of ancient (and modern) philiosophers understood so little about life that they transformed simple topics that an healthy person understands purely by intuition in something unnecessarily complicated-