Game development

Games are the worst way to make money. Just spam shitty games till ones hit if you aren't a aaa studio or some well known indie developer.
pretty much any half decent game can make money if enough promotion. i see shitty games on steam that probably make billions and probably was coded by a evil scientist in 2 weeks

• Woah
Reactions: Spiritualcell
pretty much any half decent game can make money if enough promotion. i see shitty games on steam that probably make billions and probably was coded by a evil scientist in 2 weeks
No they don’t. Your game needs to be a proper game to make money. And you need a fanbase and niche, say for example you make a Sonic inspired game after having made sonic shit in the past. That way people will actually buy and play your game. You also need collab from illustrators/musicians and probably extra programmers. You probably have to work for free for a good amount of time before any real money comes in.

Last edited:
  • JFL
No they don’t. Your game needs to be a proper game to make money. And you need a fanbase and niche, say for example you make a Sonic inspired game after having made sonic shit in the past. That way people will actually buy and play your game. You also need collab from illustrators/musicians and probably extra programmers. You probably have to work for free for a good amount of time before any real money comes in.
How many indie developers have made a name for themselves? I can only think of one. You can't just publish a game and expect everyone to know who you are. To make a name for yourself, you would need to do a lot of extra things, such as youtubermaxxing like yanderedev. As a developer, he is completely inept. However, he created a niche game that appeals to high school girls who watch anime, and he was quickly rewarded. Of course, you can't just publish your somewhat good game and suddenly get millions of views. Even if that were the case, only a tiny percentage of those who watch the video will purchase the game.
So millions of views aren't even enough to make a living; you need tens of millions. That, however, will never happen. Because not everyone can be a yanderedev.
So I wouldn't put my money on it.

I think the best strategy for maximizing your profits; Is to make a really good game. This video:
Made me realize that at least on Steam if you make a very good game you will almost certainly profit.

Of course this is just from intellectualizing the process. I haven't actually released a game yet, so I don't truly have an accurate experience of what it's like.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
How many indie developers have made a name for themselves? I can only think of one. You can't just publish a game and expect everyone to know who you are. To make a name for yourself, you would need to do a lot of extra things, such as youtubermaxxing like yanderedev. As a developer, he is completely inept. However, he created a niche game that appeals to high school girls who watch anime, and he was quickly rewarded. Of course, you can't just publish your somewhat good game and suddenly get millions of views. Even if that were the case, only a tiny percentage of those who watch the video will purchase the game.
So millions of views aren't even enough to make a living; you need tens of millions. That, however, will never happen. Because not everyone can be a yanderedev.
So I wouldn't put my money on it.

I think the best strategy for maximizing your profits; Is to make a really good game. This video:
Made me realize that at least on Steam if you make a very good game you will almost certainly profit.

Of course this is just from intellectualizing the process. I haven't actually released a game yet, so I don't truly have an accurate experience of what it's like.

Bro, I literally said the same thing.

• Hmm...
The game looks like it has a lot of potential. The graphics are great, and the gameplay seems really fun. I think with some more work, it could be a really great game that people would be willing to pay for.

• Love it