Gave myself horrible insomnia and nightmares for 2 months straight due to overdosing Vitamin D3

DMT

DMT

Iron
So I started taking a Vitamin K2 + D3 supplement, and I had no idea what would happen. I never thought vitamins could have such horrible side effects, because well, they're literally fucking vitamins. As soon as I started taking it my insomnia started and I got very weird vivid dreams and nightmares within a couple days of dosing that would wake me up. For 2 months straight I didn't know why I couldn't sleep at night. If I did get any sleep, it would be 3-4 hours a night that was interrupted so I got like 0 fucking deep restorative REM sleep for the past 60 days.

Google has absolutely zero results other than like 1 study and some Mongolian ice fishing forum website talking about how a overdose of Vitamin D can cause insomnia and suppress melatonin production. No wonder I would workout to the max and go out everyday trying to make myself sleepy but I'd just end up going into bed with an exhausted body but not feeling sleepy at all. I took the reccomended dosage as well on the bottle which was 5000IU per day and it still did this shit. Come to find out Vitamin D is actually considered a hormone and searching on Reddit and Twitter for similar experiences is the only place I could find any talking about how dosing Vit D does this shit.

They need to put a warning label on this fucking shit it fucked up my entire sleep and hormonal profile. I just thought it was a fucking harmless vitamin. Fuck Vitamin D.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 2403 and 6 others
they're literally fucking vitamins
You can easily kill yourself from vitamins

Also, nightmares are linked to a vit-D deficiency, never heard of the opposite.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 15827 and Deleted member 18244
Google has absolutely zero results other than like 1 study and some Mongolian ice fishing forum website talking about how a overdose of Vitamin D can cause insomnia and suppress melatonin production.
:lul:

• +1
Reactions: DMT

Also, nightmares are linked to a vit-D deficiency, never heard of the opposite.
Yeah I knew there was danger from certain vitamins e.g. too much Vit C causing kidney stones, but the amounts you have to take are huge. I had always heard Vit D was just the sunshine vitamin and assumed if I had taken the recommended dose nothing would happen. It took me 2 months to realize the culprit was my supplements, it never occurred to me a vitamin could case insomnia.

Capture

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Because ur a retard and u take that vitamin before bed like the abused animal dog you are .

Vitamin d is stimulant and you take it in the morning as you would take sun rays and produce vit d naturally .

I take 20kiu every morning, k2 later during the day , there s not much difference in my sleep.

5000IU is the equivalent to the synthesis from around 5-8 minutes of sunlight expsoure at noon in summer, fully naked, this has been verified by studies

judging by your report, our ancestors must have been committing suicide left right and centre, come summer time

Because ur a retard and u take that vitamin before bed like the abused animal dog you are .

Vitamin d is stimulant and you take it in the morning as you would take sun rays and produce vit d naturally .

I take 20kiu every morning, k2 later during the day , there s not much difference in my sleep.
Keep crying for me abused retard, I only took it in the morning.

5000IU is the equivalent to the synthesis from around 5-8 minutes of sunlight expsoure at noon in summer, fully naked, this has been verified by studies

judging by your report, our ancestors must have been committing suicide left right and centre, come summer time
I started month 1 at 5000IU per day then upped to it 10,000IU per day in month 2. The thing is, I already get at least 3 hours of straight sunshine everyday while outside and never had a problem until I started taking Vit D3. I used to sleep like a baby with my natural melatonin production

So I started taking a Vitamin K2 + D3 supplement, and I had no idea what would happen. I never thought vitamins could have such horrible side effects, because well, they're literally fucking vitamins. As soon as I started taking it my insomnia started and I got very weird vivid dreams and nightmares within a couple days of dosing that would wake me up. For 2 months straight I didn't know why I couldn't sleep at night. If I did get any sleep, it would be 3-4 hours a night that was interrupted so I got like 0 fucking deep restorative REM sleep for the past 60 days.

Google has absolutely zero results other than like 1 study and some Mongolian ice fishing forum website talking about how a overdose of Vitamin D can cause insomnia and suppress melatonin production. No wonder I would workout to the max and go out everyday trying to make myself sleepy but I'd just end up going into bed with an exhausted body but not feeling sleepy at all. I took the reccomended dosage as well on the bottle which was 5000IU per day and it still did this shit. Come to find out Vitamin D is actually considered a hormone and searching on Reddit and Twitter for similar experiences is the only place I could find any talking about how dosing Vit D does this shit.

They need to put a warning label on this fucking shit it fucked up my entire sleep and hormonal profile. I just thought it was a fucking harmless vitamin. Fuck Vitamin D.
I've been taking somewhere between 20-40k IU of D3 daily after reading this post https://looksmax.org/threads/stack-i-used-to-increase-my-t-levels.275258/ and I sleep like a baby.

I hope I'll be able to get a bloodtest before I die to see if this https://looksmax.org/threads/stack-i-used-to-increase-my-t-levels.275258/ shit works. I'm gonna sacrifice myself for the science :ogre:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14774, Elvisandreaa and Danish_Retard
Then it s a testament to your subhumam genes , over...
The only thing i could suggest is either vitamin a or glycine before bed, or melatonin but that could mess up natural melat production long term .
Banana, pineapple , cinnamon, warm milk and honey all rise melatonin so they re good before bed.

Not sure what you r tryna achieve with 10kiu , im at 20k + the vit d from sunshine and raw milk so i can grow dick as experiment .

I've been taking somewhere between 20-40k IU of D3 daily after reading this post https://looksmax.org/threads/stack-i-used-to-increase-my-t-levels.275258/ and I sleep like a baby.

I hope I'll be able to get a bloodtest before I die to see if this https://looksmax.org/threads/stack-i-used-to-increase-my-t-levels.275258/ shit works. I'm gonna sacrifice myself for the science :ogre:
It's weird. All the results are varied, some people get insomnia from a Vit D deficiency and some from a megadose like me
Then it s a testament to your subhumam genes , over...
The only thing i could suggest is either vitamin a or glycine before bed, or melatonin but that could mess up natural melat production long term .
Banana, pineapple , cinnamon, warm milk and honey all rise melatonin so they re good before bed.

Not sure what you r tryna achieve with 10kiu , im at 20k + the vit d from sunshine and raw milk so i can grow dick as experiment .

I have absolute mogger genes. I've cut off my Vit D supplementation for 4 days and my sleep is starting go back to normal. Before I started taking it, I would sleep very good and had a mogger deep REM sleep. I tried warm milk and banana and nothing worked because I fucked up my melatonin production badly, I have at least 600,000 IU Vit D in my system and it's a fat soluble vitamin :feelswhat:

what form and dose of k2?

I took 40k iu per day and never had this

LOL tf? How's that even possible and how long you been taking it for? The recommended dosage is 600IU per day for adult males: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-Consumer/

40k IU per day is straight Vit D toxicity. Did you get it prescribed for a deficiency?
above 60k or so is toxic

40k should be fine. It is pretty well known that 600 iu per day wont accomplish anything, If you want to measurably raise vit d levels, you need to take a large dose.

I think supplements are cope though. Atleast if you're not deficient. Going past a certain point wont accomplish much

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
LOL tf? How's that even possible and how long you been taking it for? The recommended dosage is 600IU per day for adult males: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminD-Consumer/

40k IU per day is straight Vit D toxicity. Did you get it prescribed for a deficiency?
I got 200k IU/week for 8 weeks straight from my general practioner when I had a vitD deficiency in my bloodtest. It was a tube of liquid that I had to inject in my mouth once a week.

Never noticed anything when I was taking those amounts.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
above 60k or so is toxic

40k should be fine. It is pretty well known that 600 iu per day wont accomplish anything, If you want to measurably raise vit d levels, you need to take a large dose.

I think supplements are cope though. Atleast if you're not deficient. Going past a certain point wont accomplish much
Only reason I was taking it was for it to work alongside the Vit K2 and calcium. I was never deficient, I likely alr had high levels of Vit D from my multivitamins and sun exposure everyday. I do have high sensitivity to big amounts of Vit D as well since 5k-10k IU did this

I got 200k IU/week for 8 weeks straight from my general practioner when I had a vitD deficiency in my bloodtest. It was a tube of liquid that I had to inject in my mouth once a week.

Never noticed anything when I was taking those amounts.
Lol holy shit that's a lot but it makes sense for a deficiency. Sounds like a painful process

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston

I started month 1 at 5000IU per day then upped to it 10,000IU per day in month 2. The thing is, I already get at least 3 hours of straight sunshine everyday while outside and never had a problem until I started taking Vit D3. I used to sleep like a baby with my natural melatonin production
why would you take vitamin d if you get enough sun??? jfl

Lol holy shit that's a lot but it makes sense for a deficiency. Sounds like a painful process
No it's like I said, I noticed 0 difference. VitD supplements never did a thing to me. It's like taking some kind of placebo 0 effect.

But I do feel better after a 30min-60min sunbathing session tbh nowadays.

I was visiting a psychiatrist for my clinical depression at this time, and he suggested for me to take a full blood-test to see if there was anything going on. Nothing out of the ordinary except my vitD was extremely low: 15 ng/mL. My doctors wanted to have this up to 60ng/mL atleast so they gave me these dense liquid tubes of 200k IU that I had to take once a week for 8 weeks. After that I was put on supplements of 800IU/day and recommended to go out when there's sun for 15 minutes/day (lol).

After these 8 weeks of intense 200kIU/week vitD supplementation, they had another blood-test taken shortly after. I got 96ng/mL and it was considered adiquate/good. 8 weeks before that I was 15ng/mL.

were those nightmares enjoyable?
could you please rate them

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21192, Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 17311 and 2 others
Too high of a dose of D to take long term, plus you should take it in the morning, plus k2 can keep you awake as well, but you should keep taking k2

Tl;dr take lower dose and in the mornings only

After these 8 weeks of intense 200kIU/week vitD supplementation, they had another blood-test taken shortly after. I got 96ng/mL and it was considered adiquate/good. 8 weeks before that I was 15ng/mL.
after upping your vit d3 how was your depression and sleep?

Damn , how come? Heard d3 helps with depression and shit . Should've helped a bit.
Differs from human to human I think. The way your body reacts to a lack of d3.

For me personally I notice 0 difference from d3 supplements, but I take them anyways now to stay at a healthy level.

Sitting in the sun for 20 minutes does way more for my mood tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz
nocebo effect possibly?

Keep crying i consume 15k-25K iu everyday with 200 mcg K2 mk7 and 45mg K2 mk4 and i sleep like a little child

You need to take 400mg magnesium with your last meal as well you cuck, d3 is a hormone and it needs all the co factors to work properly