Genioplasty recovery & diet

UnseasonedChicken

UnseasonedChicken

Iron
I'm finally having my genioplasty tomorrow (8-9mm advancement, 3-4mm lengthening)

Has anyone had it and can tell me what recovery was like?

And in terms of food, how long were you on liquid diet afterwards, and how long before reintroducing solid foods?

Ty

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry, Mr.Proper, Pumanator and 2 others
How’s your recovery going? I am 1.5 months post-op from mine and very happy with the results. I remember being in bad pain for a few days but after the first week tylenol made me feel pretty good and I went back to solid foods. Still a bit numb in my chin and lower lip but it’s gradually going away.

Congrats on making the plunge! This is by far the best looksmaxxing surgery IMO. Relatively inexpensive, easy recovery, and quick but significant results. 8mm is a good amount. I think you’ll be very happy with your results.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, Mr.Proper and UnseasonedChicken
Hope you will look good after the swelling!

• +1
Reactions: UnseasonedChicken
How’s your recovery going? I am 1.5 months post-op from mine and very happy with the results. I remember being in bad pain for a few days but after the first week tylenol made me feel pretty good and I went back to solid foods. Still a bit numb in my chin and lower lip but it’s gradually going away.

Congrats on making the plunge! This is by far the best looksmaxxing surgery IMO. Relatively inexpensive, easy recovery, and quick but significant results. 8mm is a good amount. I think you’ll be very happy with your results.
Hey man, recovery is going really well to be honest. The pain is very minor - I don't really need the Oramorph and codeine but they're nice anyway :)

Hardest thing has been no nicotine. I stopped smoking 3 months ago, but have been vaping to ease cravings. I really want some fucking nictonine but I've been told wait another 10 days.

Will be worth it in the end though!

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese and ROTTING
Hey man, recovery is going really well to be honest. The pain is very minor - I don't really need the Oramorph and codeine but they're nice anyway :)

Hardest thing has been no nicotine. I stopped smoking 3 months ago, but have been vaping to ease cravings. I really want some fucking nictonine but I've been told wait another 10 days.

Will be worth it in the end though!
Hope you have a good recovery bhai :feelsgood:
Do remember to post before after photo as well bhai :feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: UnseasonedChicken

Can you pm?

I'm definitely already getting addicted to the oral morphine. Stay safe out there kids

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
I'm definitely already getting addicted to the oral morphine. Stay safe out there kids
Damn, yeah be careful man. Not unheard of for people to get addicted and then move onto the harder shit. Which if you get into that stuff will do horrendous things to your SMV (skin issues mostly).

• +1
Reactions: callisto

how much did it cost for you. seems like it can cost upwards of $10k in the US

how much did it cost for you. seems like it can cost upwards of $10k in the US
I was extremely lucky in that I didn’t pay a dime. My healthcare covered it. That said, even if I had to go $10k into debt to get my results I would still have gone for it any day. Such a big improvement, easy recovery, and it doesn’t look unnatural which is a big problem with most of the surgeries people discuss.

• +1
Reactions: sanchez451 and UnseasonedChicken
is the final result starting to come through yet? Much of the swelling should be down by now.
Yeah man. Swelling seems pretty much gone. Happy with result - genioplasty is not a miracle worker but I no longer look recesses. Overall 8/10

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
Actually I saw the surgeon today for a follow up, and he told me the final result will look much better.. which makes me pretty happy as I was already very content with the result

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis

Could you PM before and after pics? Also answer on my thread please as I need this surgery done.