GET INTO GME ITS GOING TO THE FUCKING MOON

Just seeing this thread now. If I would've seen it back then I would've told you guys to not even fucking think about putting money in $GME. I feel bad for all the people who are new to the market and lost a ton of money because they bought when it was clearly too late. Rule of thumb, if you're seeing in the news and from mainstream social media people, it's most likely too late.

I made a ridiculous amount of money off of $AMC and $GME but I got in a long time ago and once the hype got out of control I was already out. Trading can make you money but it takes a long time to learn what you're doing, and there's no room for emotions in this shit. "Diamonds hands" is a meme and without smart risk management you'll lose everything. I've spent basically the past year dedicating a ton of time to learning this stuff and I can't tell you how valuable experience in the market is. If this WSB fiasco happened around this time last year I most likely would've lost a ton of money.

• +1
Reactions: bwrauycnee, Stevensmithgerard, Looks234 and 3 others
Th
Rule of thumb, if you're seeing in the news and from mainstream social media people, it's most likely too late
this is true but only to an extent. If it reaches the news and the mainstream, odds are it will still double or even triple but you have be damn quick. Once it reaches the news, yes it's about to collapse any second but it doesn't mean it still won't double or more in price.

• +1
Reactions: Morpheus
Just because the short squeeze didn't happen doesn't mean it was necessarily a bad investment

People will always be result oriented however

Th

this is true but only to an extent. If it reaches the news and the mainstream, odds are it will still double or even triple but you have be damn quick. Once it reaches the news, yes it's about to collapse any second but it doesn't mean it still won't double or more in price.
Yes definitely. I guess what I mean is at that point you're basically just yoloing it. And the risk/reward is no longer worth it, at least for people like me. Once the big boys pull out it comes crashing down much faster than it went up and you don't want to be stuck with your hand in the cookie jar.
Just because the short squeeze didn't happen doesn't mean it was necessarily a bad investment

People will always be result oriented however
The squeeze literally did happen though lol. I don't why people are under the impression that it didn't just because some WSB posts said it was going to $1000+. It hit almost $500 at its peak. It was a $20 stock before the fiasco. Look at the short% of shares over the time period and how it fell from like 150% to like 20%. Hedge funds had to cover the shit out of their positions and other hedge funds who weren't shorting were were helping drive up the price since it's not just hedge funds vs retailers. It's also hedge funds vs hedge funds. They're not all on the same team.

It's not result oriented. It was a dumb trade if you got in when it was worth a few hundred dollars especially once it was made clear brokerages would start significantly limiting buy orders. What happens to a stock when people can really only sell and can barely buy? The house aka Wall Street always wins eventually. People had this "let's stick it to the man" mentality but it was a losing war from the start. The way you make money is to just try to win the battle aka get in early and then take your money and run once it becomes clear that the bubble was ready to burst with Wall Street pissed off, brokerages having to protect their investors, and the media attracting a ton of newbies to the stock who will obviously panic sell as soon as it starts dipping. You'll never make money in the stock market chasing. I was in $AMC from $2 and I got out at like $10 with a hefty profit before it even hit the news. Yeah it ended up going to $25 but good traders leave a lot of money on the table all the time. The key is to secure gains and then move on to the next one that's under the radar, rather than slapping the ask on the stock that's getting all the attention and hype.

Yes definitely. I guess what I mean is at that point you're basically just yoloing it. And the risk/reward is no longer worth it, at least for people like me. Once the big boys pull out it comes crashing down much faster than it went up and you don't want to be stuck with your hand in the cookie jar.

The squeeze literally did happen though lol. I don't why people are under the impression that it didn't just because some WSB posts said it was going to $1000+. It hit almost $500 at its peak. It was a $20 stock before the fiasco. Look at the short% of shares over the time period and how it fell from like 150% to like 20%. Hedge funds had to cover the shit out of their positions and other hedge funds who weren't shorting were were helping drive up the price since it's not just hedge funds vs retailers. It's also hedge funds vs hedge funds. They're not all on the same team.

It's not result oriented. It was a dumb trade if you got in when it was worth a few hundred dollars especially once it was made clear brokerages would start significantly limiting buy orders. What happens to a stock when people can really only sell and can barely buy? The house aka Wall Street always wins eventually. People had this "let's stick it to the man" mentality but it was a losing war from the start. The way you make money is to just try to win the battle aka get in early and then take your money and run once it becomes clear that the bubble was ready to burst with Wall Street pissed off, brokerages having to protect their investors, and the media attracting a ton of newbies to the stock who will obviously panic sell as soon as it starts dipping. You'll never make money in the stock market chasing. I was in $AMC from $2 and I got out at like $10 with a hefty profit before it even hit the news. Yeah it ended up going to $25 but good traders leave a lot of money on the table all the time. The key is to secure gains and then move on to the next one that's under the radar, rather than slapping the ask on the stock that's getting all the attention and hype.
It's very hard to tell whether everything has been squoze. What would've happened if the brokerages didn't limit the buying? Still think it's kind of results oriented, but oh well.

At least now I'm even more convinced of crypto and put an even bigger % of my net worth into it

if it weren’t for stock trading platforms gme would’ve been in the thousands FUCK ROBINHOOD

• +1
Reactions: UltimateMan and Looks234
Should have sold the hype fellas 350 was the best you finna get
people were right about the squeeze till robinhood and other platforms shut that shit down

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
It's very hard to tell whether everything has been squoze. What would've happened if the brokerages didn't limit the buying? Still think it's kind of results oriented, but oh well.

At least now I'm even more convinced of crypto and put an even bigger % of my net worth into it
I've been in bitcoin since around $10k but I only have about 10% of my net worth in it. I said it in another thread but I think it's more risky NOT to own bitcoin than it is to own it at this point. I don't treat it like a trade or a traditional investment. It's more so buying into a very useful revolutionary technology you believe will be important to own in the future. And it's better to buy now when less people own it and when it's less globally adapted or you'll be paying more for it. I don't think about it day to day and I think people who buy into it trying to fund surgeries or whatever are misguided.

Obviously the day when you use bitcoin in your everyday life to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks is so far away because you can't have a currency that's more volatile in value than what you're purchasing with it. But it'll be great as a storage of value against inflation and as a way of taking the power out of the hands of the government and banks. Which people are starting to place importance in more than ever especially after the WSB craze when they stepped in to protect the hedgies but also in general because people really distrust government and big money these days.

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
I've been in bitcoin since around $10k but I only have about 10% of my net worth in it. I said it in another thread but I think it's more risky NOT to own bitcoin than it is to own it at this point. I don't treat it like a trade or a traditional investment. It's more so buying into a very useful revolutionary technology you believe will be important to own in the future. And it's better to buy now when less people own it and when it's less globally adapted or you'll be paying more for it. I don't think about it day to day and I think people who buy into it trying to fund surgeries or whatever are misguided.

Obviously the day when you use bitcoin in your everyday life to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks is so far away because you can't have a currency that's more volatile in value than what you're purchasing with it. But it'll be great as a storage of value against inflation and as a way of taking the power out of the hands of the government and banks. Which people are starting to place importance in more than ever especially after the WSB craze when they stepped in to protect the hedgies but also in general because people really distrust government and big money these days.
Yeah the US printing 20% of the total dollar amount and the GameStop shit made me realise what a giant joke USD and the stock market is lol

If I didn't have to keep a lot of dollars and euros on hand to play poker with, I would put almost everything in BTC and ETH

• +1
Reactions: doncel
I just doubled my money

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
I sold, fuck my ass

• JFL
Reactions: KingofKong and Deleted member 1862
I sold, fuck my ass
No one would have known my man i stopped because you see how easy hedgefunds can cheat for now in i invest longterm in 3 stocks and never look back reduce stress and stress makes you ugly :p

• +1
Reactions: doncel
WTF is going on?
maybe real short interest reporting again, after the last one was on 29-1-2021
Gme1

• JFL
Reactions: Lars
WTF is going on?
maybe real short interest reporting again, after the last one was on 29-1-2021
View attachment 1006867
I sold everything at 70 :lul: but i learned my lesson and Just invest in longterm stocks and dont look back this gave me too much stress and almost lost my job because i kept looking at my phone at work

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard
I sold everything at 70 :lul: but i learned my lesson and Just invest in longterm stocks and dont look back this gave me too much stress and almost lost my job because i kept looking at my phone at work
Long term approach moggs. I think so to. It should not interfere that much with life, than it's not good.
For me, I luckily only put in fun money into this. So it didn't affect me, nor did I glue myself to screen.

When I jump banck into stock in furture. for pension building copeing or something.
I will this time, only do boring big etf's and index stuffs.

• +1
Reactions: doncel and Lars
this thread didn't age well

• JFL
Reactions: AlexAP
bumping this banger thread that made subhumans put all their money in fck gme:lul::lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Moggable