Getting blackpilled has made me conclude most "professional" novelists are full of shit

This isn't the first time I've touched upon this topic, but I would like to do so again.

Basically, I've recently (well about a year ago) gotten into writing, and I've been reading various material about what makes for "good" writing. Things like plot outlines, character behavior, understanding how people think etc...

...and it's almost all bullshit.

So called professional writers have literally no idea what they're talking about. They are like the writing community's version of pickup artists: A bunch of bullshitters who insist that they "understand" people, and can tell how you to write "realistic" (aka what normie bluepill society THINKS is realistic) characters. Naturally, that involves deluded gender stereotypes, unrealistic and idealistic notions about how people behave under different circumstances, the idea that different characters are extremely unique and different (aka the snowflake myth).

It's fucking bullshit. Most characters in novels don't behave anything like people do in the real world.

Just lol at anybody starting a writing career that takes these clowns seriously.
good post but jfl at writing ngl

i always wanted be a writer but now i know how people actually behave, i cant create a good hero

It's a blackpilled sci-fi (soft sci-fi mind you, not geeky stuff like Star Trek). It's actually the first part in a quadrilogy. The premise is that all the known races in the galaxy are inherently peaceful, and have formed a galactic society that basically functions largely as it would if our own real world actually operated as the bluepill says (almost everyone is good on the inside, almost no truly evil people, egalitarian society, no war or violent in media entertainment, partners are faithful etc). And that is how it worked for them for hundreds of years within their almost borderline utopian galactic society.

And then one of their exploration ships (where most of the story within the first installment takes place, since the alien explorers are the main protagonists) stumbles across Terran (human) space following a long range jump using a new experimental warp drive (the human region of the galaxy having been largely unexplored at the time). For reasons that I won't explain in detail, a couple of humans (one high IQ gangster, and one low IQ working class dimwit) end up at their ship by accident.

While not immediately violent, it doesn't take long for the crew to realize that there is something heavily off about this new alien race, and once they realize to their horror that humans are a ultra-violent evolutionary abomination (the only race in the galaxy that evolved to be naturally violent/wages war/is sociopathic etc), largely in part because of human sexuality (humans are the only sentient race that practices hypergamy where as every other race practices either monogamy or shares mates. Humans are also the only known instance of primates evolving sentience, also because of abnormal evolutionary conditions), they panic and attempt to warn the Galactic Union (the space version of the EU basically) to avoid first contact and just leave humans alone, as humans at this point in time, while technically spare faring (story starts in 23rd century), have not yet mastered long range warp ability like they have, believing that if left alone it would take humans hundreds of years to reach union space, at which point they might have already destroyed themselves or at least given the rest of the galaxy time to prepare some type of defense by the time they arrive. For reasons I won't give details on, this doesn't work and humans obtain warp tech via stolen alien technology.

The novel then ends with somewhat of a cliffhanger, in which the alien explorers sob over the fact that they haven't been able to prevent humans from making contact with the rest of the galaxy, with all the horrifying implications that come with that. Even worse, is that since the idea of a warlike race is too surreal for most of the galaxy to entertain, Terran authorities are able to bullshit them into believing, at least for a limited time, that they aren't actually warlike at all, thus allowing for some period if massive Terran expansion, which the aliens cannot counter effectively. The novel basically ends on a "Oh uh!" note, because now humans have entered the galactic scene.

I haven't started on the later novels, but I already pretty much know where I intend to take them. Since the idea is to explore the impact human arrival has on the galaxy, there is a 20 year time jump between each installment, and each story features it's own characters and sub-plots taking place withing the grander narrative, though some previous characters may or may not return (I haven't decided yet). Basically the idea is roughly along these lines:

Part I: First contact with humanity established following successful use of an experimental warp drive by a team of alien explorers. Humans learn of the rest of the galaxy.

The story centers on the alien explorers on the ship as they discover humanity, and all the various drama that surrounds the discovery, as well as the events that take place on the ship itself following the arrival of the two humans on board the ship.

Part II: Humans have spent the past 20 years forcing their influence on various nearby systems via the use of underhanded political and economic tactics. While no military force has been utilized as of yet (Terran government (which isn't even technically a government in the conventional sense, but more of an alliance of powerful corporations and dynasties) would rather worm their way into the galactic scene before using more aggressive strategies. Think of it being sort of like corporate colonial exploitation and bullying, like the British East Indian company during the colonial era), the rest of the galaxy is slowly (read: slowly. Word doesn't travel very fast across a vast galaxy) beginning to take note of human activity, and the generally immoral/sociopath behavior of humans. By the time the book begins, the rest of the galaxy has basically embargoed the human worlds in protest, leading to things like famines and other chaos to happen since human colonies are overpopulated and had grown dependent on union infrastructure and trade. This massively backfires on the rest of the galaxy, since the resentment this generates leads to the rise of a genocidal fascist regime with human-centric supremacist doctrines.

The story centers on characters living on one of the alien words currently being exploited by human corporations, how human ruthlessness impacts the economy of the world and it's society, and how corporate atrocities against the inhabitants eventually serve as the tipping point that turns the rest of the galaxy against the humans, only for that to then make things even worse. The rise of the fascist regime is a minor sideplot that slowly unfolds alongside the main story.

Part III: The great galactic war has been going on for 20 years, with humans crushing union forces (or its attempt at union forces more like it, since the vast majority of the aliens aren't even mentally or physically suited for fighting) at almost every turn. Only the large size of the union combined with overwhelming material and economic advantage allows them to slow down human advances. Even then they are still losing badly. But just as things start seeming hopeless, infighting among human factions forces them to sign a cease-fire with the union, thus saving the galaxy from doom, or at least for a while. Out of all the installments, this one will be the most dark by far, because the central subject matter is human cruelty.

The story centers on a peaceful cosmopolitan alien world home to a number of alien races, that suddenly finds itself occupied by Terran forces. The main characters and many others are then taken to death camps where they are forced to labor for the occupation forces, in addition to also being subjected to all kinds of other horrendous things (look up Unit 731 to get an idea of how dark this book will be). The main characters motive is merely to survive, and not die horribly. By the end of the book the humans are driven of the planet as a result of the cease-fire signed with the union, but the horrors of the experience, not to mention all the main character's brutally murdered friends and family, won't ever be forgotten.

Part IV: Focuses on the aftermath of the war and how life in the galaxy has changed following the prior events of all the previous books. The galaxy has basically split into two different regions: One controlled by the alien union races, and another more "lawless" region in which the worlds controlled by the humans have split into their own mini-empires, and who are warring with one another. Despite this state of affairs, the union does not attempt to take advantage of the situation, having already suffered massive death tolls during the war and is just happy there is no more fighting. In spite of this, the rest of the galaxy has not forgotten the horrors of the war, and humans are openly hated and despised, not to mention extremely feared. Not that there are too many humans roaming around the galaxy (almost none in fact), since the various human factions fighting for power are all totalitarian and don't grant their subject peoples freedom of travel. This means humans are not only hated and feared, but are also largely mysterious to most galactic inhabitants, almost to the point of being folklore in some places.

The story focuses on a human deserter who escapes to an alien word, where he is received poorly by most of the locals, but makes some unlikely "friends", including an idealistic alien pcyatrist that has taken great interest in humans, and is convinced that they can be "reformed". Things don´t go quite as planned, however.

Man, this ended up being WAY longer and more detailed than I has expected it to be. Oh well, I guess that just goes to show how well thought out and planned my series are of novels are. I´m not just making shit up as I go along. I have a long term overarching plan. Unlike 90% of writers.
Did you decide to release this book man?
I'd love to read it

Publishing industry has been rigged since the first press was invented. Most famous classical authors were freemasons. Most 20th century authors were hired by CIA etc. And now since the invention of video games, books are a solely female market, and so writing must be devolved to match the market and is so simple that almost anybody could do it, meaning whoever gets to be successful at it is just chosen for whatever reason, almost always they have some sort of connection.

• +1
Reactions: disillusioned
Did you decide to release this book man?
I'd love to read it
I've been publishing chapters on RR for more than a year now. I'm approaching a thousand followers so it's doing pretty ok. Not going to share it because I keep accounts separate.

• So Sad
Reactions: greycel
I've been publishing chapters on RR for more than a year now. I'm approaching a thousand followers so it's doing pretty ok. Not going to share it because I keep accounts separate.
Ah shit anyway I can find it or is there no chance?
Sounded interesting bro

But if not, then that's cool

Keep doing whatever fulfils you in life bro :Comfy: