Getting Custom IOT/Cheek and Wrap-around Jaw Implants in beginning of October now. Thoughts on redesign?

O

OA1125

Iron
I'm getting implants the beginning of October, and I just wanted some thoughts on the redesign. I made a lot of changes including making the implant more angular to compensate for thick soft tissue, increasing the height of the cheekbones, and preventing the cheekbones from going into the submalar region and making my face look too full and feminine. One flaw I have already identified is that the left cheekbone projects more in the front than the right. I am thinking about telling him to increase the projection of the right cheekbone by 1mm to compensate. I just wanted any suggestions on improvements that could be made before submitting the final design.

Attachments

• 4244386_20240714_192423.jpg
    4244386_20240714_192423.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 4244387_20240714_192425.jpg
    4244387_20240714_192425.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4244388_20240714_192503.jpg
    4244388_20240714_192503.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4244389_20240714_192512.jpg
    4244389_20240714_192512.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4244390_20240714_192515.jpg
    4244390_20240714_192515.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Implants 1.png
    Implants 1.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Implants 2.png
    Implants 2.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Implants 3.png
    Implants 3.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Implants 4.png
    Implants 4.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Implants 5.png
    Implants 5.png
    786.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey bro who designed them and which surgeon are you going with

• +1
Reactions: Meister!
Implants will make you look bloated, what you need is BIMAX

Your gonion/jaw angle is already pretty low and the implant will only lower it further giving you a boxy look from the front. Also looks like too much implant mass in the mid body of the mandible, not good for agularity.

lips will also still be left behind while the chin moves forward which would just look weird

you need a BIMAX with vertical lengthening of the chin and you can decide on maybe small gonion implants from there but imo you will most likely regret these implants and they won't give you the optimal angular look you're going for

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese, Meister!, Acne Victim and 2 others
I'm getting implants the beginning of October, and I just wanted some thoughts on the redesign. I made a lot of changes including making the implant more angular to compensate for thick soft tissue, increasing the height of the cheekbones, and preventing the cheekbones from going into the submalar region and making my face look too full and feminine. One flaw I have already identified is that the left cheekbone projects more in the front than the right. I am thinking about telling him to increase the projection of the right cheekbone by 1mm to compensate. I just wanted any suggestions on improvements that could be made before submitting the final design.
Yea

Your gonion/jaw angle is already pretty low and the implant will only lower it further giving you a boxy look from the front. Also looks like too much implant mass in the mid body of the mandible, not good for agularity.

lips will also still be left behind while the chin moves forward which would just look weird

you need a BIMAX with vertical lengthening of the chin and you can decide on maybe small gonion implants from there but imo you will most likely regret these implants and they won't give you the optimal angular look you're going for
My bite, airways, and forward mandibular projection are fine. I just want to correct for my other falios such as cheek projection, a short chin, and asymmetry. The previous design was A LOT more rounded, and I purposely told my designer to make the implant sharper and more angular to prevent myself from looking bloated. The wrap-around implant is meant to be sleek and subtle. Should I ask him to make it more angular

The design looks reasonable to me, will be interested to see how it turns out.

The gonial angle is only be increased on the right side to match up with the left. If anything, it will look better with the increased height in the chin. What do you mean by too much implant mass in the mid body of the mandible?

@NZb6Air thoughts?

My bite, airways, and forward mandibular projection are fine. I just want to correct for my other falios such as cheek projection, a short chin, and asymmetry. The previous design was A LOT more rounded, and I purposely told my designer to make the implant sharper and more angular to prevent myself from looking bloated. The wrap-around implant is meant to be sleek and subtle. Should I ask him to make it more angular
It doesn't seem that bad now that I'm looking at it again but I've seen similar implant designs to yours that end up looking bloated and uncanny; the fact that you have thick skin doesn't help either

And the issue with your chin moving forward while your lips stay behind still persists; your chin is already pretty projected(horizontally) in relation to your mandible

I think a carefully planned conservative BIMAX with a vertical genio would be better. The design doesn't seem too unreasonable though and if you have no other choice then I guess asking him to make it more angular wouldn't hurt.

The gonial angle is only be increased on the right side to match up with the left. If anything, it will look better with the increased height in the chin. What do you mean by too much implant mass in the mid body of the mandible?

with wraparounds they usually also augment the area between your jaw angle and chin, which can give the jaw kind of a rounder appearance as opposed to augmenting the chin and gonions seperately

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanForever
It doesn't seem that bad now that I'm looking at it again but I've seen similar implant designs to yours that end up looking bloated and uncanny; the fact that you have thick skin doesn't help either

And the issue with your chin moving forward while your lips stay behind still persists; your chin is already pretty projected(horizontally) in relation to your mandible

I think a carefully planned conservative BIMAX with a vertical genio would be better. The design doesn't seem too unreasonable though and if you have no other choice then I guess asking him to make it more angular wouldn't hurt.

with wraparounds they usually also augment the area between your jaw angle and chin, which can give the jaw kind of a rounder appearance as opposed to augmenting the chin and gonions seperately
I do have thick skin. That's exactly why I had the designer make the implant more angular. Any more angularity would probably make the implants too sharp. Honestly, I was thinking about asking him to make the, less sharp because it looks like it could puncture my muscle lol. I understand the issue with further projection of the chin, but I can't imagine how 1.5 mm of added projection will make my chin look too projected from the side. I can see if he can maybe reduce it to 1mm, but even then, I don't see that making any significant difference and the added height will greatly improve the appearance regardless.

I do have thick skin. That's exactly why I had the designer make the implant more angular. Any more angularity would probably make the implants too sharp. Honestly, I was thinking about asking him to make the, less sharp because it looks like it could puncture my muscle lol. I understand the issue with further projection of the chin, but I can't imagine how 1.5 mm of added projection will make my chin look too projected from the side. I can see if he can maybe reduce it to 1mm, but even then, I don't see that making any significant difference and the added height will greatly improve the appearance regardless.
you're actually right now that i look at it again mb, you don't need to reduce the projection since its pretty miniscule already

If you're going through with the implants, the only thing I would change is add a tiny bit more vertical height to the chin if it's viable

• +1
you're actually right now that i look at it again mb, you don't need to reduce the projection since its pretty miniscule already

If you're going through with the implants, the only thing I would change is add a tiny bit more vertical height to the chin if it's viable
I've considered making it taller (like 5-6mm), but I realized that it would throw off my horizontal thirds and thus my harmony. 3mm is just enough to get rid of the curve effect that my chin has by being short and changes the farthest point of projection to the bottom of my chin

Please drop the wraparounds

If you are gonna get anything, it should be a bimax, your base is perfect for it and it should give you the angularity you want

For the love of god, do NOT get wraparounds

• +1
Reactions: Meister! and SubhumanForever
Lol it's funny how from the midface and up your base is the exact same as mine but from below you mog me to death. And my result was very good already. Yours will be even better, even if you need less advancement

• +1
Lol it's funny how from the midface and up your base is the exact same as mine but from below you mog me to death. And my result was very good already. Yours will be even better, even if you need less advancement
If all I am looking for is to correct for asymmetry in my jaw, make my jaw slightly wider, and increase the height of my chin, why ditch the wrap-around? Why is there such a stigma against wrap-around implants here? Bimax seems to be the solution to everything although it can't accomplish what I am looking to do. The only thing a bimax would do is bring my jaw slightly forward and give me the chin height that I want. I don't understand how it can achieve the angularity I am looking for

My lips and chin are already in line with the ridge between my brow and nose. The only thing that has frontal recession is my cheeks

My lips and chin are already in line with the ridge between my brow and nose. The only thing that has frontal recession is my cheeks
Dude you are so fucking clueless. We've been telling you to drop that subhuman wraparound for how many threads now?
LOOK:

This is your side vs ideal side
Now tell me, do you REALLY fucking think that wraparound will make your side go from left to right?
Of FUCKING course no. It will make you EVEN MORE subhuman.

Dude you are so fucking clueless. We've been telling you to drop that subhuman wraparound for how many threads now?
LOOK:
View attachment 3096987View attachment 3096989

This is your side vs ideal side
Now tell me, do you REALLY fucking think that wraparound will make your side go from left to right?
Of FUCKING course no. It will make you EVEN MORE subhuman.
The only difference I see is that he is much leaner (I have a lot of submental fat) and his lips protrude out more.

The only difference I see is that he is much leaner
Nicolascage Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Ok, dude, I tried but it's over for you. Just get the fucking wraparound and enjoy life.

Ok, dude, I tried but it's over for you. Just get the fucking wraparound and enjoy life.
I don't understand how it will make me look WORSE than I look now. Everyone just references other wrap-around implants that look like shit that were poorly designed, made huge changes, and were bulky. The dimensional changes for the implant are pretty minute in comparison to a lot of the other ones I have seen.

If I made my chin taller with the implant, projected my cheeks forward, and lost some weight, theoretically, the results could look something like this. How is this subhuman?

Attachments

• 4310465_1723696555547 edit.png
    4310465_1723696555547 edit.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 0
Holy fuck retard. I never comment but this time I will: Stop the cope, drop this uncanny asf designed implants and get BIMAX.

• +1
Holy fuck retard. I never comment but this time I will: Stop the cope, drop this uncanny asf designed implants and get BIMAX.
Can't y'all provide some constructive criticism instead of just calling me retarded. I posted on here to get honest opinions and not to get shamed...but then again this is the internet ig :/

• So Sad
Thats because your forehead has a forward growth too and yours lack forward growth as well. Thats why they are in line. You will regret your implants 100%. You need bimax. Then consider implants.

• +1
Thats because your forehead has a forward growth too and yours lack forward growth as well. Thats why they are in line. You will regret your implants 100%. You need bimax. Then consider implants.
How is my forehead supposed to look? Is the brow bone supposed to be projected like a neanderthal or something? I thought my slope was fine

How is my forehead supposed to look? Is the brow bone supposed to be projected like a neanderthal or something? I thought my slope was fineDude
Dude stop arguing with people and listen to them. Screwing on plastic dildos to your skull isnt going to fix foundational flaws of your face. You already have a tall lower third and a long midface not to mention your numerous recessions. No implant will give you the effect of a well planned and constructed bimax. You need bimax with maxillary impaction and something to fix that long ramus.

• +1
Lol my midface is the shortest segment of my horizontal thirds as I have a short nose and philtrum. My lower third is just tall in comparison. It's a good height, but I just want the chin implant to correct for the asymmetry in the chin and correct the flattening out effect at the peak of the chin.

If I were you I get a vertical lengthening genioplasty, this will give you horizontal height and decrease the at nasty mentolabial fold (look it up), also get a custom peek jaw angle implant and not that silicone crap.

Btw You must avoid adding volume to the place between the chin and the gonial angle or else you will look like Human Shrek or American Dad.

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Back