Getting MSE + FM with Ting

S

Sinjiyam

Iron
He said that my mandible will autorotate so I get a win in that regard. All I wanted MSE for was the undereye support that will come from it combined with FM but now I may not need bimax.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, MXY3N, Deleted member 3020 and 6 others
Pics or gtfo

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Pics or gtfo

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 98Zdeed98, 000 and Lev Peshkov
Age?

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
Pics of what? He doesn't even begin that.
Before side profile pics with CT scans, I am tired of this nonproven MSE + FM = Lefort 3 cope here

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, AscendingHero, Deleted member 4301 and 5 others
keep us updated! good luck

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Good_Little_Goy
Mse doesnt do shit for undereye support

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Mse doesnt do shit for undereye support
If he gets upswing then it will give slightly better under eye support

Getting mse and fm just for under eye is questionable though

• +1
Reactions: 98Zdeed98 and s3-s3
If he gets upswing then it will give slightly better under eye support

Getting mse and fm just for under eye is questionable though
No
I saw a study and its said that it doesnt change at all
Idk about the better forward growth too
Mike mew has god forward growth and still has shit eye area
He never even stated that dark circles are a result of mouzhbreathing

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 3990
No
I saw a study and its said that it doesnt change at all
Idk about the better forward growth too
Mike mew has god forward growth and still has shit eye area
He never even stated that dark circles are a result of mouzhbreathing
Maxilla and under eye are related but obvs orbital bones are still the main factor
The orbital bone under the eye is called the maxillary orbital bone because it sits at the top of the maxilla, if you move the maxilla upwards then some of the orbitals should follow

The study participants probably didn’t access the bone anchored pulling like op is planning to.

Either way he’s still better off getting implants .

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 3020 and goat2x
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 1140, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 3 others
Maxilla and under eye are related but obvs orbital bones are still the main factor
The orbital bone under the eye is called the maxillary orbital bone because it sits at the top of the maxilla, if you move the maxilla upwards then some of the orbitals should follow

The study participants probably didn’t access the bone anchored pulling like op is planning to.

"The frontozygomatic, frontoalveolar, and frontodental angles were not significant different "

the FM should affect undereye support
yeah maybe that will

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 98Zdeed98, hairyballscel and Good_Little_Goy
the FM should affect undereye support

tbh i had marpe before
it changed my life ngl

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ascentium, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Good_Little_Goy
srs? how old were you and what results did you see?
i was 15 and had a fucking subhuman sideprofile
but at 15 i didnt even know that facepulling exists so i didnt do it
the results were amazing ngl

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, hairyballscel and Good_Little_Goy
i was 15 and had a fucking subhuman sideprofile
but at 15 i didnt even know that facepulling exists so i didnt do it
the results were amazing ngl
fucking lucky tbh, what changes did you see bro?
and how much expansion took place?

fucking lucky tbh, what changes did you see bro?
and how much expansion took place?
idk how much expansion took place
i was 15 tbh i didnt know shit about looksmaxxing and all that
i just turned it everyday
better sideprofile,increased forward growth,better bite,wider face,
and wider nose

and wider nose
@Gudru

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 685
and wider nose
fuck im gonna need alar base reduction after MSE tbh

good shit tbh, did your nose become more upturned?

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and goat2x
Massive lifefuel, did your eyes widen too somewhat?
i havent measured it but all the studies suggest that it will widen it
i was only 14-15 at that time so i never really took selfies
fuck im gonna need alar base reduction after MSE tbh

good shit tbh, did your nose become more upturned?
nah tbh
the tip of the nose is more cartilige than bone
the nose will widen as much as the face so its not that nitocable

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 685
i havent measured it but all the studies suggest that it will widen it
i was only 14-15 at that time so i never really took selfies

nah tbh
the tip of the nose is more cartilige than bone
the nose will widen as much as the face so its not that nitocable
fucking lifefuel tbh, i might have to prostitute max for MSE tbh

my nose is already wide, 43mm wide so Alar base reduction was already happening tbh

MSE expansion is pretty much always asymmetric.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
MSE expansion is pretty much always asymmetric.
Everyone's face is asymmetric... The expansion doesn't have to be exactly symmetrical, just close enough to as where it isn't noticeable.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
OP are you getting this for medical or aesthetic reasons? In other words is it being covered by your insurance?

Everyone's face is asymmetric... The expansion doesn't have to be exactly symmetrical, just close enough to as where it isn't noticeable.
The jawhacks dude got like 8mm expansion on one side and 3 on the other, PRETTY BAD.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 4053
The jawhacks dude got like 8mm expansion on one side and 3 on the other, PRETTY BAD.
He expanded way too fast, I think he said he did 7 turns in a day

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 8758, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
OP are you getting this for medical or aesthetic reasons? In other words is it being covered by your insurance?
Only orthodontic insurance covers it. Not medical. I asked cause I said the reason was breathing. But I want it for aesthetics of course

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4053
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Anyways, post some before-after photos to see your ascension.

He expanded way too fast, I think he said he did 7 turns in a day
Yes but it always goes asymmetric, there is a study with all the exact data somewhere, its like 3 mm difference on average.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 4053
OP do you have an underbite or overbite?

OP do you have an underbite or overbite?

I'm in a weird situation where I'm class one but if I let my jaw go slack and come up naturally my upper and lower incisors meet. So Ting is gonna rotate my mandible and bring my maxilla forward and hopefully upward a little (but I don't think ccw is possible).

• +1
Reactions: hopelessphoenix
Did he tell you you need to get bimax after the MSE ?

Did he tell you you need to get bimax after the MSE ?
He said that all my issues would be fixed and my profile would be fixed and my mandible would autorotate because he would intrude my molars and then pull my maxilla forward with FM that would be combined w MSE. But if it doesn't work I will probs get bimax. I mostly want MSE for eye gains cause my eyes are already hooded I just need better undereye. sorry for being repetitive

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Chadelite, SPFromNY914 and 2 others
I wish you well

• +1
Reactions: Sinjiyam
He said that all my issues would be fixed and my profile would be fixed and my mandible would autorotate because he would intrude my molars and then pull my maxilla forward with FM that would be combined w MSE. But if it doesn't work I will probs get bimax. I mostly want MSE for eye gains cause my eyes are already hooded I just need better undereye. sorry for being repetitive
Fuck I’m so jealous. I got MSE but no face mask cause I have an overbite . What does he mean by intrude your molars? What does that entail?

• +1
Reactions: Sinjiyam and Deleted member 3020
because he would intrude my molars
Is he intruding your molars to fix occlusal cant?
He also said to me, the mandible moves forward by auto rotation or when or if the VDO is reduced in the MSE+FM process. Did he tell you this?

Last edited:
Fuck I’m so jealous. I got MSE but no face mask cause I have an overbite . What does he mean by intrude your molars? What does that entail?
Use braces to move the teeth up into the maxilla. He said there's no risks for molars and its common practice to either extrude or intrude teeth to affect angle. In fact, that's why some people experience downward mandibular effects post palatal expansion because the teeth extrude.

Is he intruding your molars to fix occlusal cant?
He also said to me, the mandible moves forward by auto rotation or when or if the VDO is reduced in the MSE+FM process. Did he tell you this?
Idk the specifics I have an in person appt in a few weeks. He was saying he was gonna intrude them for my mandibular angle. I don't think I have a cant but I will update if the info changes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
Idk the specifics I have an in person appt in a few weeks. He was saying he was gonna intrude them for my mandibular angle. I don't think I have a cant but I will update if the info changes.
Does he think you have a bad mandibular angle? Or is this needed with MSE+FM to avoid more overbite?

Does he think you have a bad mandibular angle? Or is this needed with MSE+FM to avoid more overbite?
Nvm just realized intruding teeth doesn’t fix overbite

Nah I just have a bad mandibular angle but my mandible is big enough that if I get rotation my profile will be nice. I can make my occlusion class one but if I let my jaw go slack and go up my incisors are almost on top of each other so he's gonna rotate my mandible which could cause an underbite so that's why I'm doing the MSE+FM. But I'm doing this all for the cheekbone/infraorbital gains. The mandible rotation is just a bonus

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 5385
Nvm just realized intruding teeth doesn’t fix overbite
It can fix (reduce) overjet, but it increases overbite. And some people mix these two concepts (overjet and overbite) so it really depends on what your situation is and your understanding of these definitions.

Dr. Ting seems to be a good orthodontist, I’d trust him.

Although I wonder how mandibular angle (gonial angle) can change without a BSSO. Or maybe he isn’t referring to that.

It can fix (reduce) overjet, but it increases overbite. And some people mix these two concepts (overjet and overbite) so it really depends on what your situation is and your understanding of these definitions.

Dr. Ting seems to be a good orthodontist, I’d trust him.

Although I wonder how mandibular angle (gonial angle) can change without a BSSO. Or maybe he isn’t referring to that.

Not the gonial angle. Just the way the mandible is positioned because at least how I am aware, the mandibles position is dependant on the maxilla and the teeth. If teeth are extruded the mandible position would be more vertical and vice versa with teeth intrusion. And if the maxilla is too far back but in line on the occlusal plane then the mandible would be in the throat. That is my understanding please correct me if I am wrong.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Not the gonial angle. Just the way the mandible is positioned because at least how I am aware, the mandibles position is dependant on the maxilla and the teeth. If teeth are extruded the mandible position would be more vertical and vice versa with teeth intrusion. And if the maxilla is too far back but in line on the occlusal plane then the mandible would be in the throat. That is my understanding please correct me if I am wrong.
If teeth are extruded and you want your mandibular condyles to stay in a healthy position, a position that will give you no TMJ
problems and that will assure a stable result , the mandible will autorotate downwards (CW)

Both jaws depends on each other. Moving jaws is mainly done through surgery. Autorotation is very limited and so is protraction, even bone anchored protraction

• +1
Reactions: Sinjiyam
If teeth are extruded and you want your mandibular condyles to stay in a healthy position, a position that will give you no TMJ
problems and that will assure a stable result , the mandible will autorotate downwards (CW)

Both jaws depends on each other. Moving jaws is mainly done through surgery. Autorotation is very limited and so is protraction, even bone anchored protraction
Ting said that if he intrudes my molars my mandible will autorotate ccw (he said he wants to intrude by 1mm). Also, doesn't MSE enhance the effects of bone-anchored since the sutures are split?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Ting said that if he intrudes my molars my mandible will autorotate ccw (he said he wants to intrude by 1mm). Also, doesn't MSE enhance the effects of bone-anchored since the sutures are split?

Ok just get you profile picture (or, much better, r-ray) and draw a line from the condyle to the chin, then move that line upwards by 1 mm measured at the first molar, keeping the condyle as a hinge point. Then you’ll see how the chin moves upwards and forward. You can make it better playing playing with paper and scissors.

So dr. Ting is right but, to me, those results are very small.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium and Sinjiyam