Getting MSE + FM with Ting

No
I saw a study and its said that it doesnt change at all
Idk about the better forward growth too
Mike mew has god forward growth and still has shit eye area
He never even stated that dark circles are a result of mouzhbreathing
Damn, so you think implants the only way for eye area G?

Mse doesnt do shit for undereye support
Yo I barely saw this. even if no forward movement of infraorbitals, Wouldn't widening of cheekbones stretch skin under. My infraorbital region isn't that bad I have no scleral show and have pct

Yo I barely saw this. even if no forward movement of infraorbitals, Wouldn't widening of cheekbones stretch skin under. My infraorbital region isn't that bad I have no scleral show and have pct
I think he meant MSE alone. I’d be surprised if skeletal FM doesn’t move your infraorbitals considering infraorbitals is your maxilla and even during MSE, I believe the zygomas bend outward.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5385, SPFromNY914 and 2 others
I think he meant MSE alone. I’d be surprised if skeletal FM doesn’t move your infraorbitals considering infraorbitals is your maxilla and even during MSE, I believe the zygomas bend outward.
Damn, so you think implants the only way for eye area G?
No i think ur are overestimating the facepuller
ive never seen a decent undereye change from it and i ve not seen one study which said undereye improved because of a facepuller

2176 9451 dpjo 19 05 00123 gf06

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 5385
He's pulling down. Also this kid isn't doing it with MSE. I think its the combo of MSE and FM. But we will have to see.
This kid was like 10 years old
Which is the equalent of mse

This kid was like 10 years old
Which is the equalent of mse

He pulled at a negative angle and idk about that. MSE is literally breaking your face it's not just growing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 5385 and goat2x
Sorry what is FM? And ting?

He said that all my issues would be fixed and my profile would be fixed and my mandible would autorotate because he would intrude my molars and then pull my maxilla forward with FM that would be combined w MSE. But if it doesn't work I will probs get bimax. I mostly want MSE for eye gains cause my eyes are already hooded I just need better undereye. sorry for being repetitive
Dr.Newaz told me my recessed mandible will be fixed too but I honestly won't believe it until end of treatment. I'm saving up money for Bi-Max genio/rhino regardless just in case

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6113 and Sinjiyam
idk how much expansion took place
i was 15 tbh i didnt know shit about looksmaxxing and all that
i just turned it everyday
better sideprofile,increased forward growth,better bite,wider face,
and wider nose
did it widen your mouth area too?

Heard the same recommendation from Ting. My OMS dismissed it as kind of ridiculous. Ting didn't give me a lot of confidence that it would work. Saying I may need to do MSE twice if I get screw drag and it doesnt expand enough, and that compliance with the face mask for 2 months at least 14 hours a day is critical for the forward movement. Plus it would take at least twice as long as what is being proposed by my OMS (MMA aka bimax w/ CCW), 1 year vs 2 years. Plus.. I'm still looking for evidence that this has worked for someone... Bimax works.

• +1
Reactions: Sinjiyam
Heard the same recommendation from Ting. My OMS dismissed it as kind of ridiculous. Ting didn't give me a lot of confidence that it would work. Saying I may need to do MSE twice if I get screw drag and it doesnt expand enough, and that compliance with the face mask for 2 months at least 14 hours a day is critical for the forward movement. Plus it would take at least twice as long as what is being proposed by my OMS (MMA aka bimax w/ CCW), 1 year vs 2 years. Plus.. I'm still looking for evidence that this has worked for someone... Bimax works.
Ting didn’t mention a second round for me but I am open to getting bimax after. But MSE is a good thing to get no matter what. Also there’s a guy on lookism who did it who was extremely happy with his results. Maybe you’re older, idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6113
Ting didn’t mention a second round for me but I am open to getting bimax after. But MSE is a good thing to get no matter what. Also there’s a guy on lookism who did it who was extremely happy with his results. Maybe you’re older, idk

I'm late 20s.

Also, I'm not sure if MSE is good no matter what. It only expands top jaw. If your lower jaw is equally narrow then you can have a mismatch.. crossbite? Since you cannot expand the lower jaw I believe.

Also, I'm not sure if MSE is good no matter what. It only expands top jaw. If your lower jaw is equally narrow then you can have a mismatch.. crossbite? Since you cannot expand the lower jaw I believe.

no, if you’re getting jaw surgery you can get MBSSO which is just a BSSO with an additional cut at the midline i believe. Also there are surgeries like IMDO and MSDO that also can widen lower. But ting is saying I can expand by 8-10 mm without having to do anything to mandible

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
no, if you’re getting jaw surgery you can get MBSSO which is just a BSSO with an additional cut at the midline i believe. Also there are surgeries like IMDO and MSDO that also can widen lower. But ting is saying I can expand by 8-10 mm without having to do anything to mandible
Right so you would still need to do MSE + another surgery to widen lower jaw...

I'm late 20s.
You’re not gonna expect much forward displacement when you’re older than probably 20 years old, maybe 3mm at most under high force (1.5kg) and at least 14 hrs like he said, which is also what Prof. Moon said. Dr. Ting is a good orthodontist, trust me, ~300 MSE cases and he’s just telling you some risks and potential complications with MSE. Screw drag happens if the tads aren’t into good bone. I see this unlikely to happen with Dr. Ting since he is so experienced. Even if it does, I mean it will be his fault, so no additional charges on you. And you get a second MSE for free.
In your case, I think MSE with corticotomy and then bimax surgery should do you good. It’s just not worth pulling for that long and the discomfort of the mask and sensations of the midface pulling forward for only 3mm.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ascentium, Sinjiyam and 1 other person
Right so you would still need to do MSE + another surgery to widen lower jaw...
Not true. Dr. Ting is very known for being good with tads. He will lingually torque your maxillary molars and if necessary, buccal flare your mandibular molars after MSE expansion to give you a better, comfortable bite. Unless, you find a top heavy face unappealing, then yes there are IMDO or MSDO surgeries for you.

prolly just gonna do MMA + CCW and call it a day. My jaws are narrow but ortho says they're not that bad.

• +1
Dr @squidward69 ,

have fun in the process! Best Wishes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: squidward69
Would taking high doses of Vitamin D be helpful for bone growth during MSE and FM? Vitamin D is important for bone health, would be worth asking Dr Ting for his thoughts if you can

Would taking high doses of Vitamin D be helpful for bone growth during MSE and FM? Vitamin D is important for bone health, would be worth asking Dr Ting for his thoughts if you can

@retard told me not to supplement during expansion and do it after but i might ask. I'll seem super autistic if I do IMO

You should maintain low osteoblasts, so the bone can move easier

@retard told me not to supplement during expansion and do it after but i might ask. I'll seem super autistic if I do IMO
I'm actually planning on hitting up Ting for a MSE and FM. In my case I can definitely use the airway expansion as I have a hard time breathing from my nose.

I would say once your suture opens up and you have the FM on, wouldn't it simulate more growth? Worth asking, some people already take upwards of 10,000 IU daily of Vitamin D along with K and report slight gains (like in the orbital rims).

Would definitely ask TIng, btw how much did he quote you for both MSE and FM?

I'm actually planning on hitting up Ting for a MSE and FM. In my case I can definitely use the airway expansion as I have a hard time breathing from my nose.

I would say once your suture opens up and you have the FM on, wouldn't it simulate more growth? Worth asking, some people already take upwards of 10,000 IU daily of Vitamin D along with K and report slight gains (like in the orbital rims).

Would definitely ask TIng, btw how much did he quote you for both MSE and FM?

7k for MSE Fm and braces after to correct cant and intrude molars. You should hit him up he is goated imo. Are you in socal.

Bone should be weaker to move easier then strengthened post expansion I believe.

7k for MSE Fm and braces after to correct cant and intrude molars. You should hit him up he is goated imo. Are you in socal.

Bone should be weaker to move easier then strengthened post expansion I believe.
Woah, to clarify that includes braces? Sick.

I am in Canada. Plan to schedule a consult once I sort out my periodontal health (have gum bleeding almost every night) which I'll be addressing first. Covid definitely screwed my timeline with that.

Thanks for sharing man, wasn't aware. I'll take back what I said.

Woah, to clarify that includes braces? Sick.

I am in Canada. Plan to schedule a consult once I sort out my periodontal health (have gum bleeding almost every night) which I'll be addressing first. Covid definitely screwed my timeline with that.

Thanks for sharing man, wasn't aware. I'll take back what I said.
Yes the whole treatment is 7k. Good luck my g!

• +1
Reactions: wantfast

Only 7K? Fuuuauck Newaz charged me 11K that Paki fuck❗❗❗😔. I feel scammed, I might rope

• So Sad
Only 7K? Fuuuauck Newaz charged me 11K that Paki fuck❗❗❗😔. I feel scammed, I might rope
Ronald gave him spotlight so the nigga became a greedy jew

• WTF
I'm in a weird situation where I'm class one but if I let my jaw go slack and come up naturally my upper and lower incisors meet. So Ting is gonna rotate my mandible and bring my maxilla forward and hopefully upward a little (but I don't think ccw is possible).
So is CCW possible or not? What has he told you?

how did it work out for you bro?
did you get any ccw for the molar intrusion?
any forward growth?
Did under eye improve?
Did zygos improve?
Any complications or upsets?

• +1
Reactions: highT
how did it work out for you bro?
did you get any ccw for the molar intrusion?
any forward growth?
Did under eye improve?
Did zygos improve?
Any complications or upsets?
I haven’t gotten braces yet so the best is yet to come for the overall appearance. Cheekbones and under eye improved though Zygos more than under eye. No complications. Im expecting it to look even better after my teeth are fixed since my bite is fucked increasing vertical which has slight negative effects on soft tissue. So once everything is said and done it will probably have been incredibly worth it. No complaints tho so far

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, MSEFM, highT and 1 other person
I haven’t gotten braces yet so the best is yet to come for the overall appearance. Cheekbones and under eye improved though Zygos more than under eye. No complications. Im expecting it to look even better after my teeth are fixed since my bite is fucked increasing vertical which has slight negative effects on soft tissue. So once everything is said and done it will probably have been incredibly worth it. No complaints tho so far

did you get the surgical assist?

No. Not even cortipuncture

thank you. I’m 29, and I’m going to schedule a virtual with Ting. I am probably only going to need 4 to 6mm of expansion. I still have all my teeth including wisdom teeth but my dental arch is a bit narrow, and could use some midfaceenhancement. supposedly he can intrude the molars to upswing the mandible leading to a shorter midface.

What is your age,
Any special features about your case like TADs, intrusion, biteturbos, Invisalign, ect.
how much expansion did you?

thank you. I’m 29, and I’m going to schedule a virtual with Ting. I am probably only going to need 4 to 6mm of expansion. I still have all my teeth including wisdom teeth but my dental arch is a bit narrow, and could use some midfaceenhancement. supposedly he can intrude the molars to upswing the mandible leading to a shorter midface.

What is your age,
Any special features about your case like TADs, intrusion, biteturbos, Invisalign, ect.
how much expansion did you?
19, i am getting TADs and intrusion and braces. And I got like 8-10mm I believe.

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath and ascentium
19, i am getting TADs and intrusion and braces. And I got like 8-10mm I believe.

nice was the intrusion specifically for ccw or to correct a cant?

thanks for the information boyo.

• +1

face width changes? any bizygomatic/fwhr measurements

face width changes? any bizygomatic/fwhr measurements
I haven’t measured but some people have commented on it. That being said it’s pretty minor, MSE is merely a step in the right direction not an end all be all as I’m sure you’re well aware. I’m actually pretty excited for the results post braces though because tissue improvements should be pretty good. I consulted w one of the best OMS worldwide and he said it was the best thing to do, then I can assess the result and see if I still want to get surgery. He had high regards for ting as well which assured me that ting isn’t just talking up a big game.

• +1
Reactions: highT, curryslayerordeath and ascentium