Getting MSE + FM with Ting

You get any forward growth from the facemask? How long did you wear it each day? Did you wear it through the whole treatment? What direction was the facemask pulling and with how much force approx?

You get any forward growth from the facemask? How long did you wear it each day? Did you wear it through the whole treatment? What direction was the facemask pulling and with how much force approx?
Probably slight improvement yea. Ting was happy with the result. I wore it for like 14-18 hrs a day for two months. Slightly negative direction but don’t know how much it really matters. Seems like BAMP protocol is superior but to make it perfect takes a ton of planning so that plates don’t fall out and I don’t think ting offers it. The true anterior possibilities with MSE will not be perfected for a few years but I didn’t have the time to wait tbh. And they didn’t tell me the force and I asked so idk. Since rubber bands a side though.

i chewed w my canines during and honestly I think that it may have lead to some medial infraorbital improvement near my nose but that could just be the nose widening although I doubt it.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Gremblo and MSEFM
Probably slight improvement yea. Ting was happy with the result. I wore it for like 14-18 hrs a day for two months. Slightly negative direction but don’t know how much it really matters. Seems like BAMP protocol is superior but to make it perfect takes a ton of planning so that plates don’t fall out and I don’t think ting offers it. The true anterior possibilities with MSE will not be perfected for a few years but I didn’t have the time to wait tbh. And they didn’t tell me the force and I asked so idk. Since rubber bands a side though.

i chewed w my canines during and honestly I think that it may have lead to some medial infraorbital improvement near my nose but that could just be the nose widening although I doubt it.
“The true anterior possibilities with MSE will not be perfected for a few years” what do you mean by this?

Life fuel, any small improvement would be fantastic. I am in need of transverse expansion so mse in itself is worth it. I dont have time to wait either, I will be starting mse and facemask January. I will also be chewing during it. Glad you seem happy with the improvement thus far.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Sinjiyam
He said that my mandible will autorotate so I get a win in that regard. All I wanted MSE for was the undereye support that will come from it combined with FM but now I may not need bimax.
He does face mask ?

“The true anterior possibilities with MSE will not be perfected for a few years” what do you mean by this?
Getting forward growth w MSE in adults is not perfected yet but hopefully will be in the next decade.

Life fuel, any small improvement would be fantastic. I am in need of transverse expansion so mse in itself is worth it. I dont have time to wait either, I will be starting mse and facemask January. I will also be chewing during it. Glad you seem happy with the improvement thus far.
Good luck with your journey!

• +1
Reactions: Gremblo
Getting forward growth w MSE in adults is not perfected yet but hopefully will be in the next decade.
Was he making a general statement or implying anything direct that you know of? E.g. alt ramec with MSE? Just curious

Was he making a general statement or implying anything direct that you know of? E.g. alt ramec with MSE? Just curious
No this is my point of view based on what I’ve read not what he said. He doesn’t even use BAMP which is the best form of protraction available now

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds