Glasses as accessories: always a looksmin?

TrestIsBest

TrestIsBest

Eating Finestaride and Adderall for breakfast
Do you think glasses are always a looksmin? Or can they upgrade your overall appearance under the right circumstances?

The general consensus I see around here is that glasses are always a looksmin/if one looks good with glasses that person would look even better without them. While I think this sentiment is directionally correct, glasses can be an accessory that harmonizes your look. It can turn a boring outfit (chinos, sweatshirt, white leather sneakers) into something more interesting. So maybe if it makes your face look slightly worse, but your overall look a lot better, they could be something to wear occasionally?

Another benefit that I can see would be to hide eye bags (something I struggle with) a bit.

The nerd factor is obviously something you have to take into account, but I unironically think that is something that can be counteracted with personality (acting assertive, dominant, confident). On the flip side, they could be used to boost your perceived intelligence.

Last edited:
yes

• +1
Reactions: HeightPilledum, AllesScheiße, Deleted member 16530 and 2 others
they are only a looksmax if you have long midface, on shorter midfaces no glass mogs. also glass=weak eye sight. weak eyesight=weak genetics and humans are hardwired to avoid defect genetics. no glass=healthy and ideal

• +1
Reactions: Der Doktor, HeightPilledum, SPFromNY914 and 3 others
Do you think glasses are always a looksmin? Or can they upgrade your overall appearance under the right circumstances?

The general consensus I see around here is that glasses are always a looksmin/if one looks good with glasses that person would look even better without them. While I think this sentiment is directionally correct, glasses can be an accessory that harmonizes your look. It can turn a boring outfit (chinos, sweatshirt, white leather sneakers) into something more interesting. So maybe if it makes your face look slightly worse, but your overall look a lot better, they could be something to wear occasionally?

Another benefit that I can see would be to hide eye bags (something I struggle with) a bit.

The nerd factor is obviously something you have to take into account, but I unironically think that is something that can be counteracted with personality (acting assertive, dominant, confident). On the flip side, they could be used to boost your perceived intelligence.

View attachment 1490429
Looksmin

2FB0ABDC 5A36 4FA2 8528 43EA9AE5EAF9

looksmax

6045DEB5 900C 47DD 82F8 1FB702D3F34D

Can you Spot the pattern?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HeightPilledum, Deleted member 27511, Deleted member 23611 and 1 other person
they are only a looksmax if you have long midface, on shorter midfaces no glass mogs. also glass=weak eye sight. weak eyesight=weak genetics and humans are hardwired to avoid defect genetics. no glass=healthy and ideal
What are the ratios to determine if you have a long midface? Pretty sure I have one

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530 and Prettyboy
Not sure what your point is. Is it only chad can pull off glasses or is it glasses are a looksmin if the rest of your outfit is also nerdy?
Close. The point is if you look good you look good and if you look shit you look shit. Glasses or not doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Now that said I once saw a chad mogging everyone on a festival and he had sunglasses on 24/7. mogger jawline n shit. Then he took down his glasses and his eyearea was subhuman asymmetric af. So in that case it really did make a huge difference and haloed him hard

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and TrestIsBest
they kill smv.

this girl said i was „cute“ when she saw me with clothes and glasses but didnt show much interest

when we met a week later in swimming hall when i had contacts and no clothes on she was sticking on my ass and told her friend (who later told me) „i was wrong, buflek is rly hot“

she also later added me on snap and shit but im not here to brag. 2 weeks after adding me she ghosted me so

Attachments

• 84D4DC21-4384-40C7-A542-C75A946A97BC.jpeg
    84D4DC21-4384-40C7-A542-C75A946A97BC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Deleted member 16530, Elvisandreaa and 2 others
they kill smv.

this girl said i was „cute“ when she saw me with clothes and glasses but didnt show much interest

when we met a week later in swimming hall when i had contacts and no clothes on she was sticking on my ass and told her friend (who later told me) „i was wrong, buflek is rly hot“

she also later added me on snap and shit but im not here to brag. 2 weeks after adding me she ghosted me so
Yeah makes sense: glasses are bad for sex appeal, so don’t wear them when you try to meet new chicks. The right pair of glasses in a professional context might be not that bad tho.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530, Elvisandreaa and buflek
jfl at all the Indian and paki subhumans nerds here shitting on glasses, just cuz none ever approached them.

Some woman actually look hot af with glasses same goes for man. It if you’re ugly you’re ugly and if you’re hot youre hot. Glasses can add to appeal or slightly take a hit on it. But nothing spectacular unless you are fraudinng bad eye area with them.

jfl at all the Indian and paki subhumans nerds here shitting on glasses, just cuz none ever approached them.

Some woman actually look hot af with glasses same goes for man. It if you’re ugly you’re ugly and if you’re hot youre hot. Glasses can add to appeal or slightly take a hit on it. But nothing spectacular unless you are fraudinng bad eye area with them.
im gonna be honest im white and got glasses on regularly, i never got approached with them on but multiple times when i had contacts.

people always said i got a face for glasses but it definitely kills smv. brad pitt with glasses would still be hot ofc

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and TrestIsBest
im gonna be honest im white and got glasses on regularly, i never got approached with them on but multiple times when i had contacts.

people always said i got a face for glasses but it definitely kills smv. brad pitt with glasses would still be hot ofc
Ppl were just making a joke out of approaching you after they lost a bet.

if you get approached regularly without glasses it will happen with glasses as well. Stop coping. if you don’t get approached every week then it was just a rare occasion and glasses had no effect.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: buflek
they kill smv.

"Glasses looks like a disabled male" - Hamudi

• JFL
Reactions: buflek
Ppl were just making a joke out of approaching you after they lost a bet.

if you get approached regularly without glasses it will happen with glasses as well. Stop coping. if you don’t get approached every week then it was just a rare occasion and glasses had no effect.
i bet the one offering me sex and sending me nudes really got me with her jokes
or the one asking if i want to come over and sleep at her place

i bet the one offering me sex and sending me nudes really got me with her jokes
or the one asking if i want to come over and sleep at her place
Ok chad. Never wear your glasses again then.

while you are at it start boneshmashing and mewing

Ok chad. Never wear your glasses again then.

while you are at it start boneshmashing and mewing
already mewing to get my hyoid up and illustrate a longer ramus.

glasses, ESPACIALLY because they change the size/shape of the eyes, etc... Are in 95% of the cases, a looksmin.

Only for the 5% of dudes, with ugly subhuman eyes erea. is it a decent way. To hide their ugly eyes erea a bit.

1607573433_Kevin-Samuels-Wiki-Bio-Net-Worth-2021-Wife-Age-Birthday-Married-Children-Daughter.jpg

Male eyes are ideally horizontally wide and vertically narrow, with strong orbital support and deep setted-ness. I agree that glasses are in most cases a looksmin, but if you buy a frame that matches the above details, your eye area will be perceived to be slightly more aesthetic. Obviously the stereotypes associated with glasses still apply, but you will get haloed if you beyond a certain looks threshold.

horizontally wide, vertically narrow frame with defined borders:

frame borders could be a bit thicker otherwise this is a near-ideal illustration of what i'm communicating here.
Instant eye area masculinization. ik ik the pictures have been taken at different times, but the difference is still very* apparent.

The frame cannot be too* wide however. Slightly wider than eyes is the limit.
The inverse of this:

Looks good, adding to her neoteny.
-0.5 psl

• +1
Reactions: buflek and TrestIsBest
Glasses will deform your eyes and face contour, they are always a looksmin.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
I hate glasses on chicks, super unsexy

• +1
Reactions: Der Doktor
It can halo some people and I really dont know the reason.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
Mine make me look better cuz of my dark circles

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
I don't know (or care) about uglies, but if you're good looking, glasses are definetly a looksmin

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Looksmax for gooks especially the circular one.

View attachment 1490429
Correction glasses a complete no no.

Sunnies on the other hand when used as an accessory and not a body part enhance status. Imagine rdj as ironman in his warby parkers. Also some off the cuff crazy sunnies look good if you have the right swag for it.

Well, they do signal intelligence
Yes true so can be used in professional context to look smarter.

also like someone else pointed out, can help hide a bad eye area. In that sensei would go with gradient tinted correction glasses. Add the screen shit and it look cool af

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17174
Looks good, adding to her neoteny.
What if your good point is looking cute? even males tell me that, even while a have a beard LMAO, should I try to nichemaxx even more or harmonize my eye area instead?

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
What if your good point is looking cute? even males tell me that, even while a have a beard LMAO, should I try to nichemaxx even more or harmonize my eye area instead?
Then slightly round frames would look good on you.

You get called cute by guys despite having a beard? Can I see a picture of you in PMs? I can try to help.

Round glasses look cool
9BF28647 284E 4853 839E 0179047BAE5B