Got invited to my opps bday party. Need suggestions and advice.

Which one?

• Attend it Dr.Mog, he might squash the beef or let’s see how it goes.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Having 2 friends in a table where 3 others despise you isn’t fair for you. Don’t go.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Attend BUT be silent, don’t order too much, just wish him and leave earlier than others.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
Long story short, there’s this nigga who despises me (exact reason for this is not known all these years, maybe due to jealousy and that’s my primary diagnosis). We see each other daily as we apparently work and study together.

He didn’t make me feel involved in the friend group all these years.
Ironically this dude added me to a GC consisting of 10 other zoomers (only 2-3 of which I can consider as my friends, but they are his friends too! Sometimes more than me) as a party invite.

Two choices: Go to the party or ignore it

If I ignore
it, this would mean I’m officially starting the beef between us. The whole group would observe the absence of @Dr. Mog leading to further inner hatred and distancing.

If I attend the party, I won’t feel much welcomed at the table, I would be an outcast BUT still it would mean a token of respect that I accepted his invite. (Unless he thought I wouldn’t attend the party and invited just for the sake of let’s-not-leave-him-out :feelswhat: )

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Clark69, Tabula Rasa and HarrierDuBois
@HarrierDuBois @5.5psl @scrunchables @Foreverbrad @kanderior @BrahminBoss @Lynxress @khvirgin
@beypazarisoda0 @Jase @Aypo129 @FBl
@Xtra @Tabula Rasa
@robtical

Last edited:
shit bro,, save the game now, and if you dont like one of the options then load the original save, thats my advice

• JFL
Reactions: negawattlol
shit bro,, save the game now, and if you dont like one of the options then load the original save, thats my advice
I accepted the invite and forgot to save this hard mission.. shieeett

IMG 3670

High T move to go attend and act like u arent bothered in the slightest by him. Diff story if u think ur gonna get jumped tho

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ominion, Dr. Mog and TechnoBoss
Tell them you're going with some of your friends, but don't be rash.

I wouldn't go. Attending HIS party makes you subservient to him. It's like accepting money from from an enemy it hurts your honor. Greater statement to prove self-reliance and independence.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Dr. Mog and philosopher
High T move to go attend and act like u arent bothered in the slightest by him. Diff story if u think ur gonna get jumped tho
nah thats a bitch ass high E move

females do that shit where they pretend they fine with each other when in reality they despise them

OP i know how you feel i have some people like that and lately i have been ignoring their existence its the only way you can come out on top

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and Dr. Mog
Jfl @ "my opps". You're a suburban white kid. You don't have any opps

• JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and murdah
BUT still it would mean a token of respect that I accepted his invite. (Unless he thought I wouldn’t attend the party and invited just for the sake of let’s-not-leave-him-out :feelswhat: )
nah it wouldnt seem as a token of respect jfl IT WOULD SHOW YOU HAVE NO SELF-RESPECT

you need to stand your own ground like @HarrierDuBois said

he invited you cause he didnt want it to look in front of the group like you two have beef, he would much rather throw cold shots at you in the circle where everyone is his friend lol he already didnt make you feel welcomed he sees you as competition

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Dr. Mog and HarrierDuBois
nah it wouldnt seem as a token of respect jfl IT WOULD SHOW YOU HAVE NO SELF-RESPECT
Core message people need to learn. Best antidote to all beef is independence.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Dr. Mog and philosopher
I wouldn't go. Attending HIS party makes you subservient to him. It's like accepting money from from an enemy it hurts your honor. Greater statement to prove self-reliance and independence.
nah thats a bitch ass high E move

females do that shit where they pretend they fine with each other when in reality they despise them

OP i know how you feel i have some people like that and lately i have been ignoring their existence its the only way you can come out on top

I understand it from both of your POVs, I truly do. But you gotta remember that if nothing changes, then nothing changes. Attending the party would give an opportunity to squash the beef for once if the odds are in my favour (albeit less likely), hence it lead me to accept the invite.

And since he invited me cause he didn't want it to look in front of the group like we two have beef (as you @philosopher put it), I have decided to play along with the same. Cause I don’t wanna be called the problem. When my party comes up in a few weeks I’m giving an opportunity for him (and all others) to attend and get together too.

Moreover, I study a course where networking is paramount, for both studies, work and my future job. One person favouring another is a huge thing in my field. We all are gonna see each other’s faces for a few more years, every single day. Beef is the last thing I need with these people.

I have decided to attend it today where I’ll be mostly silent and selectively talkative. But also I will begin slowly to distance myself and get to the top on my own, while still keeping in touch with them solely for the professionalism.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and philosopher
I understand it from both of your POVs, I truly do. But you gotta remember that if nothing changes, then nothing changes. Attending the party would give an opportunity to squash the beef for once if the odds are in my favour (albeit less likely), hence it lead me to accept the invite.

And since he invited me cause he didn't want it to look in front of the group like we two have beef (as you @philosopher put it), I have decided to play along with the same. Cause I don’t wanna be called the problem. When my party comes up in a few weeks I’m giving an opportunity for him (and all others) to attend and get together too.

Moreover, I study a course where networking is paramount, for both studies, work and my future job. One person favouring another is a huge thing in my field. We all are gonna see each other’s faces for a few more years, every single day. Beef is the last thing I need with these people.

I have decided to attend it today where I’ll be mostly silent and selectively talkative. But also I will begin slowly to distance myself and get to the top on my own, while still keeping in touch with them solely for the professionalism.
beef isn’t gonna be squashed it seems the person already decided he doesn’t like you (believe me i know these types of people)

i also study a course where i will be seeing my “opps” a lot even as colleagues after graduation but idc fuck them

i tried to play nice multiple times with people like that but it doesn’t work whatever you do they are not gonna change their stance deep down towards you

if you have decided to attend please don’t stay silent and talk selectively jfl that the worst you can do

i recommend you drink 2 cans of energy drinks or take a shot of espresso and be very talkative with everyone act like you are the main character and the show of the party

if you gonna show people that they can stomp on you THEY WILL

edit:
Post in thread 'Pretending people don’t exist around you is the best pill you could give them'
https://looksmax.org/threads/preten...pill-you-could-give-them.997948/post-15075918

you even said it yourself here tbh

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and Dr. Mog
also study a course where i will be seeing my “opps” a lot even as colleagues after graduation but idc fuck them

i tried to play nice multiple times with people like that but it doesn’t work whatever you do they are not gonna change their stance deep down towards you
It seems like we are on the same boat. Looking forward to see a thread from you where you delineate your situation about people around you just like I did. Tag me when you do.

Wish me luck for the party now, gonna report back soon.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING and philosopher