[GTFIH] Career Options After Highschool

Which Would You Chose In My Place?

• Total voters
Only the menial tasks are getting automated. Quantitative finance, data science, mathematics, statistics, these degrees are in high demand in the finance sector tbh.

I don't know how he has a masters of quant finance from a top university, where he apparently graduate cum laude, and can't get a job. As well as two other degrees. Surely there's jobs out there for him.

Maybe not at one of the top investment banking firms or quantitative trading firms. But there are analyst positions out there, you'd think.
I was offered a job in NY for 5k per month. An apartment in Chelsea is 4k per month. Its just not enough to live. I live in europe now and a have a phd grant which is enough for the rent and a rat life. Luckily I can trade in my spare time and earn some extra money.

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
I am currently developing an algo trading program for cryptos, statistical arbitrage. I believe it will work and I ll make money. If it doesn't, I wont have any reason to live really. Please guys, avoid finance and business if you want to have a happy life. Unless you know some important guy at a bank/government who is willing to help you.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
I am currently developing an algo trading program for cryptos, statistical arbitrage. I believe it will work and I ll make money. If it doesn't, I wont have any reason to live really. Please guys, avoid finance and business if you want to have a happy life. Unless you know some important guy at a bank/government who is willing to help you.
What do you think about accounting & controlling? Is it worth it?

What do you think about accounting & controlling? Is it worth it?
Boring as fuck job but the salary is good in some countries. I am argentinian and there are plenty of accountants there. Therefore, salaries are shit. But in the Usa accountants have better prospects. The job is the most boring shit ever tho. Its ideal if you are not very good at math, unlike finance or quant finance which require much more math skills. But you have to study a lot of tax laws which is the most annoying thing ever.

Medicine is the SHITTIEST career choice

IT/computer/business or kys

Cope

Trust me, Once you get into Med school ,girls will jump right on your cock if they know.
The upper class white labcoat halo effect is real. It could boost your SMV by 2-3 pt/10. Society ALWAYS need doctors. There is no career that garuntee 200k+/year , high respect and a job security other than medicine. "I study medicine" can be used as a nice pick-up line.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 5393
Cope

Trust me, Once you get into Med school ,girls will jump right on your cock if they know.
The upper class white labcoat halo effect is real. It could boost your SMV by 2-3 pt/10. Society ALWAYS need doctors. There is no career that garuntee 200k+/year , high respect and a job security other than medicine. "I study medicine" can be used as a nice pick-up line.
Yes i agree tbh, i changed my mind

medical school is legit, and its a big status boost when u are 30+. U can also fuck nurses.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and ChadFucksYourOneitis
Yes i agree tbh, i changed my mind

medical school is legit, and its a big status boost when u are 30+. U can also fuck nurses.

It's hard for me to believe that people aren't doing it for money and fame.

Last edited:
It’s not only about the salary but also what you really like and what you are really good at. It’s pointless studying something you have no enthusiasm nor talent for. Idk how NT you are but if you’re introverted then better choose a field that doesn’t require much interpersonal interaction which means business is not a good choice.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl