(GTFIH) THIS STUDY shows masseter size correlates with DOWNWARD growth in ADULTS

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
"As the masseter became larger, the anterior maxillary region tended to shift downwards relative to the cranial base, whereas the posterior region tended to shift upwards."

Big masseters should give you kind of a clockwise rotation then?

Brb going to atrophy them real quick

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: RoadtoAscension, mewcoper, thecel and 3 others
this had been posted before

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and Soalian
Maybe, but who gave a f**k then?

Still, this issue is super important for good aesthetics.

Most people here want results, but don't want to bother understanding the mechanisms.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
"Muh Chewing is a meme bruh, don't fall for it!"

Yes, but why?

THAT IS WHY

• +1
So should I just stop chewing gum? My masseters are quite big

i stopped chewing months ago

if u dont have a wide jaw naturally leanmaxxed, then just get surgery, dont bother with chewing

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Agendum and Deleted member 10709
I'm asking you, why are you chewing for bigger masseters in the first place?

That's the real question?

• +1
So should I just stop chewing gum? My masseters are quite big
I'm asking you, why are you chewing for bigger masseters in the first place?

That's the real question?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and ElySioNs
I already have a sharp jawline from side, but my jawline isn't really wide in front

Basically im trying to make my jawline wider from front

That's a problem, I've been browsing through the Looksmaxxing section archive recently,

SO MANY REDUNDANT THREADS ASKING FOR THE SAME THING,

debating the same issues ad nauseam, WHILE GOOD, EDUCATED ANSWERS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BEFORE,

that's unbelievable, as if no one ever bothers to use the search function here ever.

• +1
Reactions: .👽., Deleted member 13197, thecel and 2 others
No it doesn't you fucking moron, that had to do with post bimax skeletal adaptions

• +1
Reactions: Stare, Lmao, Deleted member 9670 and 1 other person
No it doesn't you fucking moron, that had to do with post bimax skeletal adaptions
I just want the freaking "chewing for masseters" meme to end, for good

I just want the freaking "chewing for masseters" meme to end, for good
You think you chew for your biceps?

The study was about post bimax people who had skeletal changes, doesn't have anything to do with just chewing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd, Deleted member 12611, Stare and 2 others

The study was about post bimax people who had skeletal changes, doesn't have anything to do with just chewing.
Have you read whole study?

Can't access it

I guess at least, most users here will have to get Bimax at some point, therefore it might be relevant to them at some point.

Where in this study, is mentioned it's about post-bimax patients? I don't see it?

@portuguesecel

• +1
Reactions: mogstar
In that study it also was mention that the posterior maxilla shifts upwards, wich means, your lower parte of the cheekbone will became more prominent in forward motion. What i understand from that study, basically, only the anterior maxilla shift downwards and that will make your low nose/pilhtrum area more straight.
CW rotation of the maxilla only, not in the mandibule.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Also, if you believe chewing can change bones in your 20s, you should also believe mewing can. Or you believe in both or in neither.
If so, you can counter chewing CW maxilla action with mewing. If you think it is cope, just chew for massester, since bones change is cope in adults.

• +1
Reactions: Soalian
Also, if you believe chewing can change bones in your 20s, you should also believe mewing can. Or you believe in both or in neither.
If so, you can counter chewing CW maxilla action with mewing. If you think it is cope, just chew for massester, since bones change is cope in adults.
No, I only believe in muscle force (masseter) outweighing bone force, while mewing would be only bones?

I believe in what surgeon told me before, "In a battle between muscles and bones, the muscles will always win".

In that study it also was mention that the posterior maxilla shifts upwards, wich means, your lower parte of the cheekbone will became more prominent in forward motion. What i understand from that study, basically, only the anterior maxilla shift downwards and that will make your low nose/pilhtrum area more straight.
A more downward anterior maxillary part, should then maybe give you less upper lip prominence, as well as more philtrum visibility from front?

I meant, such rotation (downward swing from anterior maxilla) should give you longer midface

"The masseter, which is attached to the zygomatic arch and masseteric tuberosity, may affect both the mandible and the maxilla"

OP didn't even read the article, same for most retards on the thread

too low iq to understand, is chewing cope?

I meant, such rotation (downward swing from anterior maxilla) should give you longer midface
Yes you are right.
Keep in mind that the study does not address chewing directly. Most people nowadays have big massester due to clenching, not chewing hard foods.
The constant clenching forces on the face may have different results from chewing hard foods for massester gains.

Now spectulating, the study said bite force did not correlate with CW maxilla rotation. So people with big massesters had the same bit force has the ones with smaller ones. If you chew hard lets say, 1 hour a day, like a workout session, wouldn't that give you a stronger bite?
On the other hand, having a constant force like clenching a muscle 24/7, will not give your muscle any strength...

Yes you are right.
Keep in mind that the study does not address chewing directly. Most people nowadays have big massester due to clenching, not chewing hard foods.
The constant clenching forces on the face may have different results from chewing hard foods for massester gains.

Now spectulating, the study said bite force did not correlate with CW maxilla rotation. So people with big massesters had the same bit force has the ones with smaller ones. If you chew hard lets say, 1 hour a day, like a workout session, wouldn't that give you a stronger bite?
On the other hand, having a constant force like clenching a muscle 24/7, will not give your muscle any strength...
You'll have to assume bite force is then perfectly correlated with masseter muscle size/volume/strength/...

• +1
Reactions: tiagomiguel
This is my pretty pretty much natural jaw and maxilla
08D9FDFE 8FCD 4D95 94BF FF28D8B50A00
03DADCE6 8C0A 4620 9EC6 908F907E1C6D

Well I guess chewing will increase bone mass of the jaw but it is not very conducive to upswing then?

But the counter argument is that if the ramus gets longer from chewing, the face will appear more upswing since the gonials of the jaw will be at a lower position relative to the rest of the face.

What are your guy's thoughts on this?
@betamanlet @retard