guide to college majors 2023 to 2027/2028ish

slayer69

slayer69

Forum Advisor
i will just cut the bs and give u the list of college majors to choose and to avoid.
ask me if u wanna know more in depth about why a certain major is important.
im not writing essays cuz none of u retarded incels will read it, so i'll save all our time, answering only for the interested incels in the replies on why.

good to pick (broad, it can be more specific if u want):
- computer science
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- chemical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- material science/material science engineering
- mathematics
- bioengineering (not biochem)
- neuroscience

must avoid:
- psychology, just off urself if u ever thought about doing this
- physics, do mechanical engineering instead
- feminism & gender studies, study history/anthropology instead.
inb4 some incels say this goes without saying, some retards will choose this as a base for a pre-law undergrad, so its best to avoid.
- international relations, study pol sci instead.
- film degree
- industrial engineering, study mechanical engineering instead
- writing

gray area (meaning, choose it depending on the college and ur level of interest in it. i will give example at the end):
- econ
- languages
- music
- pol sci
- law
- civil engineering
- finance
- business administration
- architecture
- chemistry
- marine biology
- medicine

what do i mean by gray area?
ok lets say we r talking about finance or pol sci here. only go for it if the college is really good and i mean really good, otherwise dont.
for example if u get to study finance at LSE or NYU, go for it otherwise dont.
thats one.
the other is interest.
unless u r really really into marine biology or architecture, like super autistic about it, only then go for it. otherwise dont.

ok thats the end.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Lynxress, flippasav, reptiles and 19 others
@Ellipsis @inferiorpispot234 @Xangsane

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 25938
how is civil engineering in the same tier as languages and music ?

dawg
r u unable to read even 2 lines on what i meant by gray area
yeah and i meant civil engineering is a good major(good job options) to pick and music should be avoided.

My job required a Bachelor's degree, didn't matter what subject.

yeah and i meant civil engineering is a good major(good job options) to pick and music should be avoided.
civil engineering doesnt have a lot of good pay and its growth is stagnant
its a decent major but unless u r really interested in it, i would recommend u not pick it.

same with music, it depends on ur interest.
music major is not useless, a lot of high end music groups and operas dont allow people without a degree.

• Woah
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 27447
My job required a Bachelor's degree, didn't matter what subject.
ya a lot of jobs dont need specific degrees, for example management consultant.
if u have to do a bachelor's do one that will provide useful insight even in the future

Amazing

• +1
Reactions: slayer69
Finance is only worth it at target schools check for your school on WallStreetOasis.
I wouldn't recommend econ to anyone who doesn't want to become an academic.
Tbh it's STEM or else you live a shit life nowadays, it's extremely easy to cheat and BS your way through a STEM degree it's not the insane accomplishment some people think it is as long as you're at least average IQ.

IMO computer science is ideal because it's one of the few jobs you can work entirely remotely and be paid extremely well. You can live in buttfuck nowhere Wyoming paying $500 a month for rent but making $150k annually in your mid 20's. I'd recommend living in an income tax free state like Texas though, regressive tax policies are very good for high earners.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21661, Deleted member 8771, Deleted member 14392 and 5 others
Finance is only worth it at target schools check for your school on WallStreetOasis.
Tbh it's STEM or else you live a shit life nowadays, it's extremely easy to cheat and BS your way through a STEM degree it's not the insane accomplishment some people think it is as long as you're at least average IQ.

IMO computer science is ideal because it's one of the few jobs you can work entirely remotely and be paid extremely well. You can live in buttfuck nowhere Wyoming paying $500 a month for rent but making $150k annually in your mid 20's. I'd recommend living in an income tax free state like Texas though, regressive tax policies are very good for high earners.
yeah these are options
some may not like a deskjob like being a developer at a tech company and they might want something more hands on, like an integration engineer at a semiconductor factor, or a researcher testing out new drugs for Alzheimer's etc

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Addendum to grey areas - you can get away with going to a non target if you get excellent grades, just make sure the uni has some reputation

Addendum to grey areas - you can get away with going to a non target if you get excellent grades, just make sure the uni has some reputation
old-man-shaking-head.gif

those ones u see are massive anamolies who get jobs through family connections or 10yr+ friendships since childhood
u simply cant replicate it
and non targets must be avoided at all times -- even if it has some reputation

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and fauxfox
old-man-shaking-head.gif

those ones u see are massive anamolies who get jobs through family connections or 10yr+ friendships since childhood
u simply cant replicate it
and non targets must be avoided at all times -- even if it has some reputation
Well I managed to do it. Maybe the Uni environment is different in the US though.

why does every gray area degree pay better than your green area?
Doesnt make alot of sense
Also jfl at mathematics

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung
nah. trades mog (im totally not getting a degree rn :feelswhy:)

high iq tbh

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
why does every gray area degree pay better than your green area?
huh? no they don't.

imagine doing finance at south carolina state university and thinking you'll be paid higher than a mechanical engineer from the same college.
Also jfl at mathematics
what's wrong with mathematics?

nah. trades mog (im totally not getting a degree rn :feelswhy:)
you can't make a lot of money from trades unless ur starting capital is good enough.
small cash doesnt yield much.

and by good enough i mean $200K+ As capital.
anything below that is small cash.

Your top picks are saturated. Experienced people in these fields get paid well but without contacts you will simply end up a permanently unemployed graduate like me with no way to actually access the industry relevant to what you studied.

The gray area is unironically better due to less competition.

you can't make a lot of money from trades unless ur starting capital is good enough.
small cash doesnt yield much.

and by good enough i mean $200K+ As capital.
anything below that is small cash.

Why would you need 200k? It’s just training, a van, tools, and enough capital to keep affording materials for the job while waiting to get paid for completed work. Scale from there.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
i will just cut the bs and give u the list of college majors to choose and to avoid.
im not writing essays cuz none of u retarded incels will read it, so i'll save all our time, answering only for the interested incels in the replies on why.

- computer science
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- chemical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- mathematics
- neuroscience

must avoid:
inb4 some incels say this goes without saying, some retards will choose this as a base for a pre-law undergrad, so its best to avoid.
- film degree
- writing

gray area (meaning, choose it depending on the college and ur level of interest in it. i will give example at the end):
- econ
- languages
- music
- pol sci
- law
- civil engineering
- finance
- architecture
- chemistry
- marine biology
- medicine

ok lets say we r talking about finance or pol sci here. only go for it if the college is really good and i mean really good, otherwise dont.
thats one.
the other is interest.
unless u r really really into marine biology or architecture, like super autistic about it, only then go for it. otherwise dont.

ok thats the end.
i dont understand why u placed physics in avoid lol. I wish i was better at math so i could do physics. Its literally the best degree, mechanichal engineering is shit next to it. With a physics degree you can work in every single place. Theres no way you dont study engineering, its the only explanation to put that many engineering degrees.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16357

- computer science
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- chemical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- mathematics
- neuroscience

must avoid:
- film degree
- writing

- econ
- languages
- music
- pol sci
- law
- civil engineering
- finance
- architecture
- chemistry
- marine biology
- medicine

thats one.
the other is interest.

ok thats the end.
what about philosophy?

lol why do you think econ is to become an academic?

- computer science
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- chemical engineering
- nuclear engineering
- mathematics
- neuroscience

must avoid:
- film degree
- writing

- econ
- languages
- music
- pol sci
- law
- civil engineering
- finance
- architecture
- chemistry
- marine biology
- medicine

thats one.
the other is interest.

ok thats the end.
Isnt comp sci gonna get btfo by AI ?

• JFL
Reactions: Respalier
Your top picks are saturated. Experienced people in these fields get paid well but without contacts you will simply end up a permanently unemployed graduate like me with no way to actually access the industry relevant to what you studied.

The gray area is unironically better due to less competition.
no they are not saturated.

people are struggling to find jobs simply because they r shit or mediocre at these things.
tell me which company would pick a retard who struggles to visualize a vector to work in their machine learning team or chip manufacturing plant.
yeah exactly.

ur average guy struggling to get jobs not only cant present himself good but is supremely shit at his job.

the ones in the gray area dont pay a lot. i explained it in the op of how only target colleges are worth it.
less competition doesnt mean more money. high demand for a job means more money.
a shit ton of grayareamajors are in supply very high relative to the demand of the job market.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Respalier
no, comp sci is a broad field.
only some jobs will be automated and its not a constant thing. it has been happening since 2005. a lot such jobs but of course people dont know this.
in fact facebook using big data and deploying giga location tracking has been a thing since 2007/2008. yet the public only got to know it in the last 2010s.
i know the tech industry in and out due to my vast network of connections.

what about philosophy?
philosophy is not taught at bachelor's level in most colleges and its not really for a job. its just to study it literally.

i dont understand why u placed physics in avoid lol. I wish i was better at math so i could do physics. Its literally the best degree, mechanichal engineering is shit next to it. With a physics degree you can work in every single place. Theres no way you dont study engineering, its the only explanation to put that many engineering degrees.
physics degree teaches u a shit ton of concepts but what for? KEK
mechanical engineering mogs the fuck out of physics.
it teaches u analytical skills + practical real life use of the physics concepts u learn in class. actual useful shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16357
Why would you need 200k? It’s just training, a van, tools, and enough capital to keep affording materials for the job while waiting to get paid for completed work. Scale from there.
he's not talking about training he said that as a career to sustain himself and not live under his parent's money.
lol dawg u sound really naive

philosophy is not taught at bachelor's level in most colleges and its not really for a job. its just to study it literally.
lol college is not to prepare for job. College is for intellectual study.
physics degree teaches u a shit ton of concepts but what for? KEK
mechanical engineering mogs the fuck out of physics.
it teaches u analytical skills + practical real life use of the physics concepts u learn in class. actual useful shit.
Because those theoric ideas that are the basis of knowledge. If you have a storng basis everything else is easy. Physics teach way more analytical skills and its the closest one, together with math and philosophy, to explain the world.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
lol college is not to prepare for job. College is for intellectual study.
oh my dear innocent incel from heaven
the-beatles-beatles.gif

Because those theoric ideas that are the basis of knowledge. If you have a storng basis everything else is easy. Physics teach way more analytical skills and its the closest one, together with math and philosophy, to explain the world.
dawg whats the point of getting a degree learning all those theories if u r not gonna apply them lmao

the only ones getting physics degrees are the one who wanna get a master's in physics too, and then subsequently do a phd in physics by public some papers relating to string theory and then go permanently rot... er i mean... work on developing new scientific theories

oh my dear innocent incel from heaven
the-beatles-beatles.gif

dawg whats the point of getting a degree learning all those theories if u r not gonna apply them lmao

the only ones getting physics degrees are the one who wanna get a master's in physics too, and then subsequently do a phd in physics by public some papers relating to string theory and then go permanently rot... er i mean... work on developing new scientific theories
its just what it is. People can go to university because they want money, but its purpose is and should be the same than it was in its creation.

What do you mean you dont gonna apply them? I can guarantee to you that is 10x easier to teach a physics major engineering, than an engineering major physics. It gives you freedom to learn easier, and after college all you gonna do until you die is learn.
you didnt answered where you would put philosophy

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
its just what it is. People can go to university because they want money, but its purpose is and should be the same than it was in its creation.

What do you mean you dont gonna apply them? I can guarantee to you that is 10x easier to teach a physics major engineering, than an engineering major physics. It gives you freedom to learn easier, and after college all you gonna do until you die is learn.
you didnt answered where you would put philosophy
@bold: no. u r wrong.
clearly u seem to want validation here because u wanna pursue physics. thats all. u r throwing blanket statements. good luck.

@bold: no. u r wrong.
clearly u seem to want validation here because u wanna pursue physics. thats all. u r throwing blanket statements. good luck.
lol i dont want to pursue physics. Im studying economics

But just admit you are studying engineering lol, i have no doubt about it

But just admit you are studying engineering lol, i have no doubt about it
im not even in college
i want to study econ at upenn. got money to get me there?

dawg and how is that relevant to what im saying here, im saying legit facts, u r speaking out of ur ass.
typical subhuman truecel mentality.
never wanting to own up to his bs.

Bookmarked

• +1
if u are in EU like me its over no matter the major all pay low

no, comp sci is a broad field.
only some jobs will be automated and its not a constant thing. it has been happening since 2005. a lot such jobs but of course people dont know this.
in fact facebook using big data and deploying giga location tracking has been a thing since 2007/2008. yet the public only got to know it in the last 2010s.
i know the tech industry in and out due to my vast network of connections.
What kind of comfy job should I try to get in tech

Litterally just study it and become a psychologist and get paid to talk to people

you're a retard if you think so. an ai won't be able to program software that uses proprietary, private and undocumented libraries which is what an average, decent software developer will more often than not work with. an ai cannot come up with novel, ingenious and efficient solutions to certain problems. unless you're a bottom of the barrel code monkey you shouldn't worry about it.

• +1
idk every college ive ever saw has a philosophy degree.
im not even in college
i want to study econ at upenn. got money to get me there?
Econ is good but it depends on what u want in life. If u want a LOT of money the only way is creating a large business or already having a lot and investing. If you want a good amount then going into investing is good but its a soulless job where you work with snakes and you will live your life knowing that you did absolute nothing good to this world, you can also have a medium company
dawg and how is that relevant to what im saying here, im saying legit facts, u r speaking out of ur ass.
typical subhuman truecel mentality.
never wanting to own up to his bs.
U r talking about what college majors are good, but you dont define whats good for you. I have absolute sure you are an incel, just recommending cs and engineering lol

Last edited:
What are the downsides to medicine?

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
idk every college ive ever saw has a philosophy degree.

Econ is good but it depends on what u want in life. If u want a LOT of money the only way is creating a large business or already having a lot and investing. If you want a good amount then going into investing is good but its a soulless job where you work with snakes and you will live your life knowing that you did absolute nothing good to this world, you can also have a medium company

U r talking about what college majors are good, but you dont define whats good for you. I have absolute sure you are an incel, just recommending cs and engineering lol
Read the OP again cuz I clearly mention interest in the gray area part.
Reading comprehension skills down the drain.