Guide to Mewing

M

mojopin

It’s all fucking satire
Posture
The first thing you need to correct if you want to see differences.
Probably the clearest video online:

Most people forget about sleep posture, but if you've slept like a deformed foetus you probably have subhuman facial development.
Mike Mew isn't allowed to talk about it but he sleeps on his back without a pillow although if you do that straight away you'll probably mouthbreath without realising.
Bear in mind that your tongue relaxes in your sleep so make sure it can stay as firmly as possible on the roof of your mouth:

Tongue Posture
Keep the FULL tongue on the roof of the mouth at all times except for when talking or eating. Unless you're a 9/10 gigachad you'll almost definitely cut off the airway with correct tongue posture, but you just have to keep pushing through until the airway opens up which took me a couple of months so that's why the beginning is always the hardest when you Mew.

To get the tongue on roof of the mouth posture, practise by swallowing and then apply a strong amount of force with the tongue upwards (it will feel uncomfortable at first but eventually becomes second nature). It should look like this:
Tongueposture

Swallowing
1. Swallowing throughout the day. Press the full tongue against the palate with each swallow (it's this force which expands the palate). Your facial expression should remain the same and your thyroid will rise.
2. Swallowing liquids. No more chugging drinks. You want cheek muscle atrophy, although this looks best if you have a forward-grown face as it compliments cheekbones and jawline.

Chewing
1. Firstly, no more using your cheeks to suck in food and move it around the mouth. Too many people do this and then they end up looking like a hamster.
2. Chew until food is fully broken down and you can swallow all at once and chew hard.
3. Chew gum everyday for 1 hour. I started with regular gum and then moved onto falim gum which I freeze to add toughness to it. This builds up the masseter muscle making your jaw appear wider and is essential to expand the upper jaw.
4. Tongue chew. Get the gum in a ball and then smash it against the roof of your mouth with the tongue and repeat. If you don't you'll get an imbalance in your lower third and get jaw-joint problems like TMJ (if you start to get this then go easy on the chewing until it goes away).

Diet
Minimise/eliminate soft foods from your diet and replace them with fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats and fish. Harder foods. Basic shit.

Supplements
1. Vitamin K2, D3 for bone plasticity.
2. Magnesium and B vitamins for muscle stamina.

Exercises
These are the two main exercises on the Orthotropics YouTube channel so take from them what you will:

Also, check out:
https://looksmax.org/threads/secret-mewing-technique.2991/

Other
1.How to tell if you have a narrow palate:
Conscious breathing u shaped v shaped maxilla 475pxw1

As the palate gets smaller it becomes more v-shaped and teeth crowd. If you have an ideal palate, all teeth will be there (including wisdom teeth) and you won't have any crowding.
2. The main goal is to get a skull like on the left which will improve your looks, and overall health. If you're over 25 and look like the skull on the right then it's over unless you get surgery...
KNNwV9s

3. Look up palatal expansion devices to speed up the process although it's not necessary if you Mew correctly all the time.
4. Don't expect overnight results. It takes years to see significant improvements although worth it in the long-run.
5. I've left out a ton of shit so feel free to add to this.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, Perseus, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 12 others
Do you believe this can have an effect one a 20 year old like me who's had braces for 3.5 years? I'm dedicated to doing all of this.

Very good and informative.

Do you believe this can have an effect one a 20 year old like me who's had braces for 3.5 years? I'm dedicated to doing all of this.
Take this information and fucking run with it. I took off my own braces with plyers and have seen a pretty solid amount of change in the last couple of months. If you want to Mew make sure you stop wearing your retainer or your teeth might fall out as they go back and forth between the day and night. Be prepared for some crowding although my teeth have gotten better since. I’d definitely look into palatal expansion devices though to help as your bones get harder in your twenties.

• +1
Reactions: gotoa10humanbeing and mojopin
Take this information and fucking run with it. I took off my own braces with plyers and have seen a pretty solid amount of change in the last couple of months. If you want to Mew make sure you stop wearing your retainer or your teeth might fall out as they go back and forth between the day and night. Be prepared for some crowding although my teeth have gotten better since. I’d definitely look into palatal expansion devices though to help as your bones get harder in your twenties.
I'm taking braces off soon and probably getting invisalign or some shit for my teeth, i have a lot of space in my mouth so I don't think im gonna get any crowding

Lmao want me to make a thread on how to do it yourself?
I'm going to a dentist soon so I can take them off, already booked an appointment, also what do you think about invisalign, does that shit have any effect on maxilla or mewing or w/e

I'm going to a dentist soon so I can take them off, already booked an appointment, also what do you think about invisalign, does that shit have any effect on maxilla or mewing or w/e
As far as I’m aware it’s incompatible and will put you at risk:
https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/retainers/
Forgot to mention the main premise is “teeth together, lips together, tongue on the roof of the mouth”. This is how you want to always be to see ideal results.

Last edited:
quality thread, took me about 2-3 weeks to stop having to consciously force my tongue up, now I still make myself aware of it from time to time but mostly I just find myself passively mewing when I do "check"

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
I wonder if I can reverse the damage from orthodontic treatment. Eh, time will tell.

falim gum which I freeze to add toughness to it.
Fucking genius, why didn't I think of that.
What should I do to maxillamaxx? I have a slight overbite, fixing it would probably add 0.5 points to my looks. Surgery or some palatal expander and hope that mewing gets me far?

Fucking genius, why didn't I think of that.
What should I do to maxillamaxx? I have a slight overbite, fixing it would probably add 0.5 points to my looks. Surgery or some palatal expander and hope that mewing gets me far?
If you live in America, look up the AGGA appliance which I think is around 2k and you can get pretty quick results. Mike Mew dismissed the facepulling device for changes in facial form but it got significant results in a 70 year old grandma. Mewing naturally lifts the maxilla anyways but if you want to go the surgery route, lefort or cheek implants may get the results you’re looking for although make sure you do a ton of research. I’m sure there’s more surgeries for that although I’m not an expert.

• +1
Reactions: tallcel
I use one type of bubble gum which I find better than mastic gum. Cold water while chewing recommended

I use one type of bubble gum which I find better than mastic gum. Cold water while chewing recommended
What’s the brand?

Lol i got butchered by orthodontics. I got 4 fucking teeth removed to get braces + 2wisdom teeth removed :lul:

I have a little forward growth but i can only Imagine where i would be now.
Btw sticky this! I Never mewed the right Way. With this guide i finally made it and i couldnt even Breath lmao

Lol i got butchered by orthodontics. I got 4 fucking teeth removed to get braces + 2wisdom teeth removed :lul:

I have a little forward growth but i can only Imagine where i would be now.
F. Guess it’s surgery time boyo

How old are you?
23 and I like the progress so far for the past 4 months. I'm just copeful towards thE futuRe. I might consider surgery in the future, but I will first give mewing a good run for year or two.

do you think braces to fix overbite is good? or would that halt or damage progress/face.

no extractions btw, no way im letting anyone take my teeth out.

do you think braces to fix overbite is good? or would that halt or damage progress/face.

no extractions btw, no way im letting anyone take my teeth out.
According to Mew, braces always prohibit any more forward facial growth and often lead to an elongated face after. If you’re in early teens then just hardmew for a few years. Bear in mind it also depends on your orthodontist so try to find the best one in order to limit damage to the face if you decide to get braces.

It also depends on the braces I'm pretty sure. You could get palatal expanders and they'd fix the issue I think.

It also depends on the braces I'm pretty sure. You could get palatal expanders and they'd fix the issue I think.
Of course man, not everyone who gets braces will end up looking incel tier, although the standard procedure is teeth extraction and most orthodontists know nothing about palatal expansion.

• +1
Reactions: tallcel
Of course man, not everyone who gets braces will end up looking incel tier, although the standard procedure is teeth extraction and most orthodontists know nothing about palatal expansion.
for me i never got any teeth extractions for braces always had a good palate, i still have all my top teeth including wisdom teeth. but the thing with braces is that i had a fixed bridge going going from molar to molar with an actual thing that replicates the tongue and sits on the palate, maybe my ortho was smart

for me i never got any teeth extractions for braces always had a good palate, i still have all my top teeth including wisdom teeth. but the thing with braces is that i had a fixed bridge going going from molar to molar with an actual thing that replicates the tongue and sits on the palate, maybe my ortho was smart
Do you have any photos? I’d imagine you’d have solid lower third development if you have al teeth and told palate

Do you have any photos? I’d imagine you’d have solid lower third development if you have al teeth and told palate
my lower teeth have always been aligned even before braces, and my top teeth aswell except from the front 4 teeth for some reason idk why, now i have all my wisdom teeth which have grown after i got my braces and are in place.
i have healthy lower third development but by lower mandible is narrow and my chin isnt projecting, i believe this is all genetics because my grandfather and uncles have the same skull shapes
no photos unfortunately
Ill pm you a pic
@mojopin What I really believe happened to me with the narrow lower third is the braces stopped the expansion of my jaw, because the wisdom teeth all came out a little bit wider than where the other molars are, they have enough space but they came out a little bit wider

Last edited:
  • +1
my lower teeth have always been aligned even before braces, and my top teeth aswell except from the front 4 teeth for some reason idk why, now i have all my wisdom teeth which have grown after i got my braces and are in place.
i have healthy lower third development but by lower mandible is narrow and my chin isnt projecting, i believe this is all genetics because my grandfather and uncles have the same skull shapes
no photos unfortunately
Ill pm you a pic
Mewing should definitely help that brother. Building up the masseter will attests balance your face and create a fuller lower third. You literally have nothing to lose with mewing which is why it’s such a good cope. I’ve noticed so far that my chin is less recessed so it definitely works. When I’ve been mewing for a year and a half I’ll post a before and after

Mewing should definitely help that brother. Building up the masseter will attests balance your face and create a fuller lower third. You literally have nothing to lose with mewing which is why it’s such a good cope. I’ve noticed so far that my chin is less recessed so it definitely works. When I’ve been mewing for a year and a half I’ll post a before and after
ill pm u a pic of myself in a few

• +1
Nice basic information.

> Look up palatal expansion devices to speed up the process although it's not necessary if you Mew correctly all the time.

A rapid palatal expander can widen your upper jaw about 10 mm within 1 month whereas you can only widen it for about 1 mm a year with pure mewing (f youre an adult).

The cons of a palate expander is that you cant place your tongue on your palate and zherefore no forward pressure on your Palast

Nice basic information.

> Look up palatal expansion devices to speed up the process although it's not necessary if you Mew correctly all the time.

A rapid palatal expander can widen your upper jaw about 10 mm within 1 month whereas you can only widen it for about 1 mm a year with pure mewing (f youre an adult).

The cons of a palate expander is that you cant place your tongue on your palate and zherefore no forward pressure on your Palast
I’ll probably get an orthodontic device next year to speed up the process. Worth it for recessed subhumancels

Posture
The first thing you need to correct if you want to see differences.
Probably the clearest video online:

Most people forget about sleep posture, but if you've slept like a deformed foetus you probably have subhuman facial development.
Mike Mew isn't allowed to talk about it but he sleeps on his back without a pillow although if you do that straight away you'll probably mouthbreath without realising.
Bear in mind that your tongue relaxes in your sleep so make sure it can stay as firmly as possible on the roof of your mouth:

Tongue Posture
Keep the FULL tongue on the roof of the mouth at all times except for when talking or eating. Unless you're a 9/10 gigachad you'll almost definitely cut off the airway with correct tongue posture, but you just have to keep pushing through until the airway opens up which took me a couple of months so that's why the beginning is always the hardest when you Mew.

To get the tongue on roof of the mouth posture, practise by swallowing and then apply a strong amount of force with the tongue upwards (it will feel uncomfortable at first but eventually becomes second nature). It should look like this:
View attachment 3413
Swallowing
1. Swallowing throughout the day. Press the full tongue against the palate with each swallow (it's this force which expands the palate). Your facial expression should remain the same and your thyroid will rise.
2. Swallowing liquids. No more chugging drinks. You want cheek muscle atrophy, although this looks best if you have a forward-grown face as it compliments cheekbones and jawline.

Chewing
1. Firstly, no more using your cheeks to suck in food and move it around the mouth. Too many people do this and then they end up looking like a hamster.
2. Chew until food is fully broken down and you can swallow all at once and chew hard.
3. Chew gum everyday for 1 hour. I started with regular gum and then moved onto falim gum which I freeze to add toughness to it. This builds up the masseter muscle making your jaw appear wider and is essential to expand the upper jaw.
4. Tongue chew. Get the gum in a ball and then smash it against the roof of your mouth with the tongue and repeat. If you don't you'll get an imbalance in your lower third and get jaw-joint problems like TMJ (if you start to get this then go easy on the chewing until it goes away).

Diet
Minimise/eliminate soft foods from your diet and replace them with fruits, vegetables, nuts, meats and fish. Harder foods. Basic shit.

Supplements
1. Vitamin K2, D3 for bone plasticity.
2. Magnesium and B vitamins for muscle stamina.

Exercises
These are the two main exercises on the Orthotropics YouTube channel so take from them what you will:

Also, check out:
https://looksmax.org/threads/secret-mewing-technique.2991/

Other
1.How to tell if you have a narrow palate:
View attachment 3414
As the palate gets smaller it becomes more v-shaped and teeth crowd. If you have an ideal palate, all teeth will be there (including wisdom teeth) and you won't have any crowding.
2. The main goal is to get a skull like on the left which will improve your looks, and overall health. If you're over 25 and look like the skull on the right then it's over unless you get surgery...
View attachment 3415
3. Look up palatal expansion devices to speed up the process although it's not necessary if you Mew correctly all the time.
4. Don't expect overnight results. It takes years to see significant improvements although worth it in the long-run.
5. I've left out a ton of shit so feel free to add to this.

legit thread, what if im pushing my whole tongue hard as back as i can while still covering front but im still not blocking my airways?

IM CHAD?

legit thread, what if im pushing my whole tongue hard as back as i can while still covering front but im still not blocking my airways?

IM CHAD?
Well then count yourself lucky. Although a lot of people will find that they aren’t mewing properly and don’t even realise. Make sure you do a wide smile, swallow then push the tongue up and this will engage the root of the mouth. Alternatively you can make the ‘ng’ sound in a word like sing and push up for the same effect

• +1
Reactions: mybrainabusesme
What do you mean cut off the airway with the tongue

What do you mean cut off the airway with the tongue
When you have correct tongue posture a lot of the time people have too narrow a patate which narrows the airway making it blocked by the tongue