Gymcelling Megathread

Dropped a ton of weight, In my height wise im about right healthy category but dont look good, still have a small belly/chest fat still, dropped 70lbs currently 200 rn but not sure if it would be healthy dropping down lower like 170 ish would be good? Have some loose skin which is prob the cause?

You're what people call "Skinny Fat". You can keep cutting, but you'll just be a smaller version of yourself w/o improving a lot. Gymmaxing with a small caloric surplus will change your body fat percentage more than losing those few extra lbs. Good job on the diet though, 70lbs is a fuck ton of weight (y)
strong-men-12.jpg

how would one look like the guy above (asking for a friend)

Really can't change your frame. You CAN however lift for a long time & have decently high body fat.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies and Deleted member 6401
Anyone got the NA testosterone enanthate hookup?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
my routine (I start the work out with 5 sets of warming up, all exercises are made by 1 set)

lats: lat machine, pulley , pull ups , monkey bar
triceps: cable pulldown, overhead extension, pullover (this exercise also trains chest and lats)
abs: parallel bar leg raise, leg scissors.
chest: pectoral isolation machine, cable fly, push ups. (I actually can't bench press)
shoulders: lying on a side lateral raises, barbell jerk, frog planche on parallel bars, standing shoulder press.
biceps: 45' bench curl, cable curl, concentration curl
legs: squat, lunges, leg curl
obliques: plank on a side.
cardio: running
masseter: eating raw maccaroni (I'm not joking)
chin: contract the chin muscle while I hold it still
I'd like to start traning neck by neck planking.

• +1
You're what people call "Skinny Fat". You can keep cutting, but you'll just be a smaller version of yourself w/o improving a lot. Gymmaxing with a small caloric surplus will change your body fat percentage more than losing those few extra lbs. Good job on the diet though, 70lbs is a fuck ton of weight (y)

Really can't change your frame. You CAN however lift for a long time & have decently high body fat.

Cheers man, Yea gaining strength on the cut has been tough and hard! I like to think I have a good frame, Shoulders are wide and I'm tall ish just got lucky with genes but I seem to have very wide legs not really happy about, just the luck of the draw, but ye i totally get you I think I may start to lean bulk soon, Only problem i have some gyno as they say but its gotten alot better when I lost the weight, just wondering If i put on muscle with bulking would it look better, or cut to and try and get that fat off, I was thinking of cutting down to around 175ish and If i have gyno maybe get surgery, but thats a maybe you know!.

cheers.

• +1
I'm an endomorph, I can put on any kind of weight easily muscle or fat.
What fixed my overweight problem was that, everywhere on tv internet they recommend 3 meals a day.
I don't have definition on my muscles but my jawline is strong and skin is good right now.

Diet:
Previously before I started bodymaxxing when I ate 3 meal a day I was gaining weight.
It was chicken rice soda and a scoop of icecream.

So I calorie deficit to 1 meal a day (aformentioned) and just crackers / peanut butter / fruits during snacks.

The best fat loss method is to do cardio no exceptions, the fastest fat burning exercises are swimming and jogging / with sprinting also.

Cardio: When your jogging make sure you do not jog until your legs give out it gets unpleasant for a week and it does not help you gain leg strength it just grinds away your muscle while not making you sweat properly.

Jog until you taste salty sweat, or feel sick from your heart beating too fast then you can walk the rest out.

When your legs are sore from jogging / sprinting intervals then you can move the another fast way to burn calories, ab exercises.

Ab exercises: basically use a chit ton of calories trying to lift the lower half of your body up. My personal ab exercises are just from Ab Ripper X. The fifer scissors and the russian twists are probably the best for abs but you should do the full 15 min video. (their only useful video you can find the video online somewhere there are lots of mirrors.)

Lifting weights / curling isn't as optimal as high intensity cardio but its the only way to gain strength.

Weights:
You can buy a set of 30 lbs adjustable dumbells for around 60 us dollars (important, don't buy a fixed set it will cost alot buying 3 different types).

My dumbell exercises are low weight lateral raises, you can do them while sitting it doesnt matter, just make sure you are lifting them up the full way, halfway is not efficient enough (hence low weight).
Dumbell lateral raise upper body weights main

Bicep curls: using low weight 7 7 7 method (7 half curls from bottom to middle, 7 half curls from middle to top, keep your elbow "on the floor"), then do the 7 full curls.

I have my own variation of dumbell exercises when I started myself, I do seated concentration curls, but I do it differently. I 1 hammer concentration curl and then 1 bicep concentration curl until failure it gets my bicep sore alot faster.)

Triceps: Alot of people recommend dips, in turn it would be much more efficient if you had access to a dipping station then of course they would work well with 90% of ur body weight. (they work but they also work the chest so its not really efficient.)

• +1
@treedude So for muscle building you only do arms and abs?

• +1
  • +1
@treedude So for muscle building you only do arms and abs?
For chest I feel sick if I do push-ups plus is gives me wrist pain so I do chair dips while bending my torso forward 10 reps 3 x in a row leaning to the left or the right pec. Alternating this is by far my only lower chest exercise that I found more effective than push-ups.

For upper chest the best I've done is front to lateral raises it really makes your upper chest sore even with just a few raises.

Best tricep exercise is tricep overhead extension. You can do it from the left side and the right side to make it faster. When I do it the normal way it works but takes to long

I workout at home I don't have a rack or a exercise bench. Going to the gym takes to long.

For legs just do 100 bodyweight squats in a row once every week or two it really kills your thighs.

Last edited:
  • +1
For chest I feel sick if I do push-ups plus is gives me wrist pain so I do chair dips while bending my torso forward 10 reps 3 x in a row leaning to the left or the right pec. Alternating this is by far my only lower chest exercise that I found more effective than push-ups.

For upper chest the best I've done is front to lateral raises it really makes your upper chest sore even with just a few raises.

Best tricep exercise is tricep overhead extension. You can do it from the left side and the right side to make it faster. When I do it the normal way it works but takes to long

I workout at home I don't have a rack or a exercise bench. Going to the gym takes to long.

For legs just do 100 bodyweight squats in a row once every week or two it really kills your thighs.
Chair dips really aren't a great way to work your chest that is more tricep. Dips on an actual dip bar are much better for that purpose, I ordered one on amazon for $70 if you live in the US you could probably get the same one for around $55. Also just doing chest stuff and nothing for your back will cause your shoulder to get pulled forwards and lead to bad posture, plus a muscular back is aesthetic af. Also a gym is superior to that kind of home workout, I know you say you don't have time but I would try and make time if I were you.

• +1
Chair dips really aren't a great way to work your chest that is more tricep. Dips on an actual dip bar are much better for that purpose, I ordered one on amazon for $70 if you live in the US you could probably get the same one for around $55. Also just doing chest stuff and nothing for your back will cause your shoulder to get pulled forwards and lead to bad posture, plus a muscular back is aesthetic af. Also a gym is superior to that kind of home workout, I know you say you don't have time but I would try and make time if I were you.
If I had access to a dipping station then I would. But it costs too much / take time. I already do it until I get failure in my chest about 10 min every morning.

• +1
gymcelling without roids=incelling

you need roids to gymcel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, kobecel and jefferson
Im fasting to get lean now, fed up with the extra fat. Just doing a re-feed with a sirloin steak and some veg every couple of days, will be in deep ketosis and melting fat. Sounds extreme but it works

• +1
Im fasting to get lean now, fed up with the extra fat. Just doing a re-feed with a sirloin steak and some veg every couple of days, will be in deep ketosis and melting fat. Sounds extreme but it works
Have fun losing all your gains though. Just eats lots of small meals of green vegetables and meat/eggs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and SquareChinOrDeath
Just a question

Are a lot of you guys bulking mostly natty or using gear? It would interesting to find out people using gear and how there finding it, don’t think I’d touch gear till I’m a bit older for me anyways. Anyone on sarms by any chance?

• +1
Just a question

Are a lot of you guys bulking mostly natty or using gear? It would interesting to find out people using gear and how there finding it, don’t think I’d touch gear till I’m a bit older for me anyways. Anyone on sarms by any chance?

Depends on where you're located. Most people buy it online, but you can purchase it through an IRL person too.

• +1
Started my lean bulking,
although natty hoping for some good gainz till next summer, will update every now and again. If I do put on a good bit (15lbs-20lbs) in a year wont look that great, but better then nothing right.

• +1
Reactions: Saturn, Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
People freak out when bulking, they think they're gonna look fat when they gain weight. Assuming your training is on point, the majority of the weight will be "good weight".

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Unknownjpg
People freak out when bulking, they think they're gonna look fat when they gain weight. Assuming your training is on point, the majority of the weight will be "good weight".
Cheers, Gonna stay natty for atleast 2yrs get in alot of the noob gains and shit, It was hard eating 3100cals compared to when I was dieting down for months! On a push pull leg routine hitting everything twice a week really, hopefully my lifts will start going up too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Tricky
What is the best exercise for neck?

• +1
3x10 curl/extension/left and right lateral extension
can I do extensions with free weight in plates (don't have any neck harness)?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • +1
  • +1
Anyone know any exercises you can do with dumbbells (I don't have a barbell) to make upper arms wider?

• +1
Anyone know any exercises you can do with dumbbells (I don't have a barbell) to make upper arms wider?

With upper arms you mean forearms? Farmer walks (basically you lift some heavy ass dumbbells and walk around like an idiot, which is supposedly the best forearm exercise) and wrist curls in both directions

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and UndercovrNormie
With upper arms you mean forearms? Farmer walks (basically you lift some heavy ass dumbbells and walk around like an idiot, which is supposedly the best forearm exercise) and wrist curls in both directions
Upper as in biceps, triceps and deltoids.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Nibba and UndercovrNormie
Then preacher curls for biceps, extensions for triceps and presses & side raises for front/side delts
Alright; thanks.

• +1
I've got an issue where my front side of my upper body (chest, abs, etc.) looks pretty muscular and defined, but my back (especially my lower back) looks very untoned and out of shape. I've been doing lat pulldowns for a couple week but I'm wondering what else should I do.

• +1
I've got an issue where my front side of my upper body (chest, abs, etc.) looks pretty muscular and defined, but my back (especially my lower back) looks very untoned and out of shape. I've been doing lat pulldowns for a couple week but I'm wondering what else should I do.
Deadlifts for lower back but make sure your form is spot on. I've been deadlifting with dumbells because I've found it's easier to keep my back straight throughout the motion. Also do rows.

• +1
  • +1
Does anyone train neck at le gym

• +1

I perform Deadlifts to hit the Traps and Neck, but don't do Neck curls
They're really boring and I don't like doing them

• +1
Do neck curls and extensions at least 3 times a week increasing from 10x3 to 70x3, then increasing weight by a little bit, you will see gains within a month (srs) and then more after time, but as fast as they come as fast as they go so never stop doing them, remember that even 1 DAY>0 DAYS

• +1
Untitled

Thoughts on the gymcelling potential of this person?

Was 19 in this picture, 6'2 @ abotu 85-90 KG

• +1
If he loses a few LBS, he'll already be at the max SMV he's gonna get. Girls like lean guys, more muscle doesn't equal more points.

• +1
When it comes to losing weight / recomp...

Do you have any EXPERIENCE with these scenarios? Which would you pick if you could have the same results?

1. very low exercise volume and intensity (1 hour a week) + more restricted diet (2200 kcal)
2. average exercise volume and intensity (two hours a week) + average diet (2800 kcal)
3. high exercise volume and intensity (7 hours a week) + high cal diet (3400 kcal)

• +1
high exercise volume and intensity (7 hours a week) + high cal diet (3400 kcal)

I have experience with the Third, and assuming it would get me to my goals, then I would choose that.

• +1
Need some help with swimming. Joining the Navy in a few months and can't get the deadmans float down. My Bodyfat percentage is too low and creates negative buoyancy.

• +1
View attachment 1778

Thoughts on the gymcelling potential of this person?

Was 19 in this picture, 6'2 @ abotu 85-90 KG

It isn't just frame in this example.you walk with your hips swaying like a phat ass latina.

Walk rigid and straight like a bipedal adult man
Need some help with swimming. Joining the Navy in a few months and can't get the deadmans float down. My Bodyfat percentage is too low and creates negative buoyancy.

Ribcage expansion

• +1
It isn't just frame in this example.you walk with your hips swaying like a phat ass latina.

Ribcage expansion

Ribcage expansion

Its just the angle bro

How to get lean in like a couple of months? Would fasting one day out of the week be good?

How to get lean in like a couple of months? Would fasting one day out of the week be good?

Go on to r/Loseit. They have an FAQ full of information about how to lose weight, I highly recommend it.

7 times a week? Seems like a lot

Go on to r/Loseit. They have an FAQ full of information about how to lose weight, I highly recommend it.
Thanks man!
cardiomaxx first thing in the morning
freeweightsmax in the evening
hmm I lift 3x a week right now and treadmill+jump rope x2 a week, I'll try 2 a day though. Thank you